sick plants

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Frankie Florist, Mar 24, 2015.

1. HELP!!! Brown spots formed on older leaves and traveled to new growth.I have used calmag and foliar fed with epsom salts with no visible results.Im using Fox Farm/Happy Frog soil mix,floranova nutrients,5.7 ph'd tap water...had this issue once in a previous grow,but it was at the very end of flower when it was harvest time anyways.

Attached Files:

2. root rot man, something is building in the soil.  Flush then no nutes.

3. #3 Frankie Florist, Mar 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2015
    The root zone looks fine.I wonder if it could be the soil I'm using cause I've never had this problem until I started using Fox Farm soil the last 2 grows...

4. Get back fast to FFOF this time mix in 30% perlite, 

5. #5 Frankie Florist, Mar 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2015
    Flushed but still spreading,this is not good. I want to prevent this from happening again..might lose an expensive crop this time...

6. This happened to me also as soon as I made my first feeding in ffof soil with general hydros flora series micro grow and bloom I checked the runoff and it was in the low 5s when for soil it should be around 6.5 I believe we both got nutrient lockout I would flush with 6.5 ph water

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum
    Did you say that you fed it with a ph of 5.4

7. I've flushed and the problem still exists, next time I'm trying a different soil combo.This has only happened my last 2 grows with ff/of...Seems to also have gnats in every bag I've bought. My Crystal strain shows little spotting on one and the other is completely clear,while my super skunk and master kush strains have one each that is rough looking. After 15 years growing I've never had this issue...im lost,but determined

8. It has to be some kind of over fertilization or lockout . This is pissing me off too bc I have two new plants in fox farms ocean forest and I do not want to go through this again

9. If you have any luck let me know,seems we are the only 2 that use this combo in growing

10. Not using ff soil but royal gold basement mix. I ran into ph lockout as well took about 3 flushes to get it back.

If I remember right I recently saw a post by pokesmot about organic grows and the higher acidity caused by the breakdown of the organic matter in soil. Water with 7.5 to get a soil ph of 6.5

If you see this pokes correct me if I'm wrong.