Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Does this look like sour diesel?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Stash Box' started by The real spliff shady, Mar 24, 2015.

1. Picked this up from the dispensary today and was excited. Told the bud tender this was my first time trying sour d and it sounded like he was saying it might not be legit sour d. He said " we have to believe what the grower says it is." So it made me have my doubts. Please tell me if this looks like any pheno of sour d that you guys have tried. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1427157789.183355.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1427157803.183244.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. nah not the real deal

3. Exactly why strain names are bullshit. even dispo's just accept whatever they're given as "the real deal". Nobody knows for sure anymore

4. #4 Ganglajanger, Mar 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2015

That is not the case, I can definitely smell certain strains and know them. 

This could be lemon sour diesel, who knows until I smell it [​IMG]

Either way, if it gets you blazed why complain?

If it smells sour and like cirtus its lsd (lemon sour diesel) the smell should come through very strong like a citrus fruit 

Yeah but I can grow a random bag seed and make it smell like diesel purely by how I grow it, genetics play a small role

6. #6 Ganglajanger, Mar 24, 2015

Genetics play big roll. You can get dank out of bag seed not all weed smells the same and smokes the same. You can also get some shitty buds from the bag seed because of the genetics.  Genetics determine the phenotypes (look and smells of the bud)

If it smells like lemons its some lsd or some strain that isn't true Sour Diesel. Who cares about strains though, if the bud gets me high and feeling good I'll smoke it. 

Genetics get crossed so fucking much who's to say the "sour d" seed you have hasn't been crossed with 100's of different other strains in it's history making it barely "sour d" at all? I agree if it's good bud who cares but I really think the whole name thing shouldn't even exist

8. Strain names should definitely exist. As for OP, i would definitely say its some type of cuf of Sour D not pure SD but prob some in there. Anywhooo the bud looks splendid so enjoy your smoke :)

9. thanks and yea it's good smoke. But still I'd appreciate if they had the right name for it. Shyt happens I know. Most of their other strains seemed legit like the blue cheese and sweet cheese I picked up both smell and look like cheese, but in different ways so I' guessing the names were right on those. I'll go check what the sour smells like and post some pics of the other strains up in a few hours. You guys tell me if the other strains look legit. Personally I think the dispensaries could do a lil better when it comes to making sure you have the right strains.

10. #10 ReturnFire333, Mar 24, 2015
    If it was Sour D you would know it, unless it was crappily grown sour D. The best weed I've ever had was Sour D. It has a potent distinct smell. Literally smells like a weedified version of jet fuel. I've hotboxed my car a hundred + times, but NOTHING has ever stunk up my car like that sour d that I got. 3 days+ after smoking in my car it smelled like I had kilos of the stuff sitting fresh loosely in a bag. Potent weed jet fuel.  Tastes like it smells, potent high. This stuff was probably not the New York City variant of sour D, which is darker and darker smelling if that makes sense, but regular sour d.

In reference to your picutres, it does look like that bud has a smokewhat sour diesel type structure to it, but is lacking the distinct potent orange hairs that sour d typically has. So it might be crossed with something, or something different in the grow.

You said the cheese at the dispensary smelled like cheese, does this "diesel" smell like fuel? Because Sour D literally smells like weed fuel.

So tl:dr if it was sour d that was grown well you would know it.

11. This post is pretty much what I was going to say... I would say that does indeed look like Sour D tho
    but ya, if you have had sour d, then you know the sour d smell it is distinct compared to most
    sour d is so distinct you can usually even tell when its a hybrid strain where sour d was used

12. #12 AugustWest, Mar 24, 2015
    i think it looks like sour diesel.. or a million other strains. but those light peachy colored hairs are always a good clue.

but it doesn't look like not sour diesel either.. if that makes sense.

13. are we really trying to determine if thats sour d based off his picture lol?  'Distinct potent orange hairs' wth is that, you know the orange hairs contain 0% THC right? 

The same strain can look different it all depends on how it was grown and dried

14. So here are some strains I picked up some look legit some are questionable tell me what you think.
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1427230128.774658.jpg this is supposedly Alaskan thunder fuck. No lie it got me really high and has an strong fruity scent.
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1427230204.288645.jpg this is pineapple KUSH haven't tried it yet smells like fresh picked apples.
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1427230297.005350.jpg blue cheese really nice cheesy smell haven't tried it yet.
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1427230385.471790.jpg blue OG not that great of a smell abd looks a lil burnt by lights.
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1427230461.004122.jpg sweet cheese even better cheese smell. I didn't understand the name then I smelled it and I'm like damn. It smelled just like the name.
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1427230585.983041.jpg and the sour d that you've already seen. It smells kinda sour but I don't smell any diesel.

15. #15 Ganglajanger, Mar 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2015

I get my clones from a very well organized dispensary, and they keep track of their stuff well. As I said some strains have very distinct smells and tastes that I can pick out. 

I can literally go into the dispensary smoke some oil and they will not tell me the strain and I will tell them what it is, if its weed that I like to smoke. 

Once my friend had a bag of weed and I grew this strain for my own medicinal stash, once I smelled his bud it reminded me of my meds and I said right off the bat what strain it was with out him even showing me and I was correct and the wild thing is I had never seen that strain before other than what I had grown for meds. 

If its street weed you have no idea what strain it is, and I agree with what you are saying if you are buying from a regular dealer. If you are going to a medicinal store they should know their shit and strains for sure matter.

16. Strain names are BS because of dealers and dispensaries.

Now, it should be classified as 1 a 1, or whatever. Each unit should explain a potency of something. I don't know what I'm talking about but it sounded good thinking it.

17. Dude those are all super duper chronic. Can tell buy the orange and green color.

Let's Smoke About It....
    -Adam Demamp

My Organic Grow Journal
    http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1357687-Sade's-Solar-Adventures

18. I picked up some sour d last week but it's gone in my lungs by now can't wait to pick up more! When my dealer opened his mason jar the whole room just smelled dank like citrus in a few seconds, he had an ounce atleast in the jar alone. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1427265335.948134.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1427265362.364879.jpg Forum1427265163.046113.jpg] ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1427265189.735130.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1427265210.534280.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1427265229.781852.jpg

Live long and smoke ganja

Attached Files:

19. A WHOLE OUNCE!?!??!

That guy must be rolling in cash!

20. sourd.jpg

This is what my Sour D looks like.