Bloodborne

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by The Stud, Mar 23, 2015.

1. #21 WaxPayne, Mar 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2015

Have you ever played a Demon Souls/ Dark Souls title? It's not going to be easy at first and you will die a shit ton of times but the game's reward comes in the satisfaction of overcoming enemies, especially bosses, and you can easily level up your character in the beginning. Learn the reposte (counter) system for bigger enemies and stay away from crowds when first starting out. Try to fight 1v1 , even with smaller enemies because getting outnumbered is easy in this game. 

I fell asleep last night after a 12 hr shift and didn't get to play at all. However, I did have a dream that I was in Yharnam, taking out vilagers :metal: Then I died but woke up in my bed instead of the Hunter's Dream :laughing: 

2. Never played Demon souls. Wanting a ps3 just for that game. Dark Souls is my all time favorite game, hence my large interest in BloodBorn. I love everything I have played from From Software. DS2 was cool but not nearly as epic as the first one. I hear Bloodborn is like a mix of Dark Souls and Demon Souls with some new twists. 

I will most likely go swoop a PS4 with the last of us bundle and grab BloodBorn tomorrow after work. I wish the US got the PS4 BloodBorn bundle. I would be all over that. Amazon has them for $700 but fuck all that noise.

3. Dude you're in for an amazing game. :metal: I actually like this game better than Dark Souls , which is also one of my all time favs. So far it plays the similar except souls have been replaced blood echoes. There aren't many melee weapons but your weapons can actually "transform". Ex: the Saw Cleaver is a quick weapon to deal with small enemies but it can transform to become a long saw blade (think of a folded knife). There is no more shield but instead there are guns. It will help immensely though because it is very easy to counter enemies with and do massive damage.

This is the first game on Ps4 I felt to be "complete" besides Infamous. It's not like most games coming out for this gen that are all hype and lack content (lookin at you Destiny!)

4. Yeah, I hear you. I got an Xbone on day one and still find myself playing my 360(DS and DS2) because there is nothing to keep my interest on next Gen. So far next gen has been a big let down game wise. BloodBorn is the first game to get me excited and of course its on a system I don't own.

5. I feel the same way . This generation has spent more time on its marketing campaign than development. That goes for both consoles. Not only that there are a ton of "hd remastered" games and why buy the same exact thing twice?! I could understand maybe a PS1 title being remastered but it better have next gen graphics, better control scheme and more content. It's very lazy IMO.

Don't worry though, PS3 didn't have solid titles on its initial release. It took about a year or two for them to get moving.

If you did love Dark Souls, this game will definitely renew your hope in next gen :)

6. Fun fact : when talking to the Doll in the Hunters Dream, do some gestures at her. She'll do something different depending on the gesture.

7. Is it just me or does coop make the game too easy? I beat the first two bosses by myself and then started to help others and it too easy not to die or lose as long as the host has learned the basics of the game play. anyone know if coop will be more challenging in the future?

8. after almost 4 hours, finally got the co-op working

shit is a pain, a bit too much involved (none of which is detailed whatsoever) kinda just trial and error if you wanna play with friends

can't wait to tear shit up later though

Dude I couldn't believe all the goddamn hoops we had to jump through. First it was my level being too low, then we had to buy the bells, to get the bells we needed more insight, then we found out we needed to have this weird key, then i realized i had the weird key, then we had to get to a certain checkpoint, then we firgured out the cathedral wont allow you to co-op, then we had to run to a Old Yharnam . Fuckin shit :laughing: this game makes EVERY aspect of gaming hard as hell. its not a simple invite, that would be to easy for FROM :laughing: I'm workin today til about 1-2 but will be on when i get off.

10. yea man

shit was definitely a pain

i still have a headache, literally

luckily it's all sorted now, and we can rape some demons later

11. #32 WaxPayne, Mar 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
    Riposte Tips : by now you guys should have the riposte down. Shoot an enemy with a gun right before they attack , you'll hear a deep chime, they'll drop to a knee and if you run as close as you can in front of the enemy and press R1 , your character will do an "execution" style animation and take a huge portion of the enemies health off which can also trigger the regain system if you did it in time.

But for some enemies, this gun method doesn't work. Don't worry, there will still be ways to trigger it.

EX.: In the Cathedral Ward there are these HUGE monsters with detective hats that carry either battle axes or wrecking balls. They're about the size of the Cleric Beast, if not then bigger. I tried numerous times to counter these fuckers and it wasnt working. Then I noticed the beast will sometimes do a "charge up" hit and smash his weapon from over his head and down to the ground. When he does this look at one of his knees. He will have an actual compound fracture and his shin bone will go through his knee cap. When you see this shin bone, try to hit it, it's easier to hit when you arent locked on. If you hit it a couple times, and at the right time, he will stagger down and you'll hear the riposte chime, get close and in front of him and you can do a counter attack [​IMG] I'm not entirely sure but I think that every enemy can be countered. It's just certain ones require more than the gun blast. 

No worries man at least we figured it out [​IMG] and not only that there will be patches to sort shit like that out once a couple weeks roll by. I'm also leveled up right around where you are now so I wont die as often [​IMG]

12. thanx again for that, too man

literally would have gone the game without knowing that

thanks FROM Software for your great explanation of game mechanics[​IMG]

13. #34 WaxPayne, Mar 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015

Anytime bro. [​IMG] It'll make the game alot easier.  Try that Riposte on the big ass mufucka dudes man, it's kinda tough to get at first and not locking on actually makes it easier but it really does work if you can get them to pop that shinbone out. Works easiest on the huge dudes with the battle axes. 

FROM has been notorious for not really going into detail about aspects of their games. They just chalk it up to making the game that much more difficult.....fuckers :laughing: 

14. #36 TheAnswer121, Mar 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2015
    got dat Kirkhammer[​IMG][​IMG]

there's ancient text on it

think it's the lyrics to Ride the Lightning[​IMG][​IMG]

15. #37 TheAnswer121, Mar 28, 2015
    ok, so i accidentally found the boss in this area

ran away[​IMG][​IMG]

apparently, this area is actually closed off until goin thru old Yarham, but since we bought those 10k badges we we're able to come here first. i'm thinkin this has somethin to do with why we couldn't link up in the Cathedral area

Old Yarham, and to the Gatling gun fucker, here we come.

16. Pulled the trigger and got the PS4 just for BloodBorn and the last of us RM. They better port demon souls over to PS4 making this an even better investment. I am starting up bloodborn now. I picked troubled past(i think) as it has one of the highest str but everything elese seemed pretty equal. Opted for the cleaver and away I go.

As of right now I am no help to anyone but in time I can help anyone who needs help. So far game feels very soulsish and im loving it. Add me jonnyblazex710x PSN

17. #39 TheAnswer121, Mar 28, 2015
    fast, fun facts about Bloodborne

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tX_qEf4XBlc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmvYgwbTHOo

and 1 more. just one of the random things that happens when you're too insightful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QSXoLmHFmY

18. Beat the Cleric beast first try. Had more trouble with the two werewolves on the bridge before him.