Leaves folding / curling issue

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by SammySess, Mar 23, 2015.

1. Hey blades,

Just wondering if any of you could help me. I have a plant growing in soil under a 24/0 light schedule. The leaves seem to be curling at the edges / folding upwards slightly ?

I have attached a photo. Its 2 weeks and 2 days since it sprouted from seed. No nutrients. No pH readings have been recorded.

The light is a 105w 2700k (I do not have a blue spectrum) CFL that emits 6800 lumens, with a 90w blue and red spectrum LED.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

[​IMG]

2. Hey,
    So the problem has remained the same even though I moved the lights higher. Any ideas? Also another question, what are these extra leaves growing at the base of my plants branches? Ive added photos plus an extra of the leaf curl. 

Any help is much appreciated

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

3. How far is the light from the plants? That is caused from heat stress and the light being to close raise it up a little and you'll be dandy!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. What strain is this btw??

5. Avoid 24 hours light thats nooby shit, understand what is happening to your plant when it sleeps is vital to a great garden, go 4 hours minimum per night but 6 is better, curling is a root issue, check your temps too try for 77F or 25c, and 6500k is cool white not blue, add another bulb but at 2700k or warm red, for correct internodel spacing
    to my blog: http://forum.grasscity.com/blog/1093/entry-12822-12-week-grow-sceneario-cervantas/

6. #7 SammySess, Mar 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2015
    Thanks for the replies guys!

Both lights are about 4 - 5 inches from the plant

Kandy Kush

I've posted update photos below. I was a bit skeptical about 24 hour light since its unnatural, but looking at her now she seems to be doing pretty well. 

Im pretty sure the leaf curling issue is from the heat in the room and you're right, probably the roots too due to being too wet?. The problem has definitely subsided as i now keep the door open during the day to let some air flow in but heat is rising at night as i need to keep the doors shut during that period. 

As for the light, theres not much I can do due to limited resources, but I appreciate the information [​IMG]. I think the 24 hour light is keeping her quite short - a lot of her energy is going into the side branches, they look quite developed.

I also came to the conclusion that the growing medium used for the plant was a really bad idea. I used 100% compost with a really small amount of perlite - should have used more. The compost retains 25% more water than regular compost which is where my problem really lies. The compost remains damp for quite a while and I think the plants hold onto water for too long, their roots must be too wet for too long since the leaf tips were curling down. Either that or its a Nitrogen problem but since the compost specifically holds more water and it feels quite damp, even on the 4th day after watering, I feel its the watering thats the culprit.

Heres some update pics. Started feeding her Advanced Nutrients Sensi Grow part A + B four days ago. Its now been 3 weeks since she sprouted out of the soil:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. 24 hour light is going to give you a smaller root system and u know what they say the bigger the root the bigger the fruit ! Wow very interested if that's the candy kush auto from auto seeds I have one that just popped up a day ago!

8. #9 SammySess, Apr 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2015
    Update. She seems to be doing well. 1 week and 3 days into flowering and I think It's a female, not too sure though? I think the problem earlier in the grow was Nitrogen toxicity, she seemed to get much better after I flushed her.

Only problem now is her top leaves seem to be growing deformed... Theyre all twisty and spindly and the growth is slow, but could this be because shes putting energy into side branches? They seem to be growing a lot. 

Heres some pics:

[​IMG]

Signs of a female?
    [​IMG]