Killerzs Quarters : Home of the Unknown (1st Growth Journal : Surprise BagSeeds Grow)

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Billkillerz, Mar 23, 2015.

1. Your doing it right for sure sir! Post pics when you get them situated

2. The size area will be fine for 2 plants, you may want to use tomato cages to control the outward growth, I use a method called main-lining, which allows for the entire canopy to get basically the same amount of light.
    I have two Mars lights, but don't use them until Flowering starts, I use cfl's for the first week or two, then switch to my mh light. I use Rockwool cubes from start to finish, I soak my seeds for 24hrs in pH 6.0 water and also soak the cubes in pH water as well, seeds are places in the cubes and into the pots, the pot(s) sits in a tupperware bowl (full enough to allow the cubes to wick) until the roots start to grow through the bottom of the cube, then it's off to the system. 20150420_040310.jpg

Attached Files:

3. Here is an example of a main-lining plant, this was my last grow, an Alquimista

Attached Files:

4. #44 Billkillerz, Apr 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2015
    I love the + shape on the first picture [​IMG] Looks like a nice grow !

So anyway, I've just putted the bad boys into their new home. I'm gonna go with a SWC as it is simpler and less complicated for my situation. I picked up a nice storage box, filled it up with 26 L of distilled water, followed the calculator on the Advanced Nutrient website for the Micro-Grow-Bloom 3 part formula. Now, unless my instrument are messing up, my water is at 260 PPM and 6.2 ph. Supposedly, the water need to be at 800 PPM if I read it right, not quite sure what I did wrong or if its normal, I've followed closely the instructions. The ph is supposed to balance itself to 5.6 with their ph-perfect technology. But i think my ph meter is wrong.... Gonna go buy calibration liquid tomorrow. I'm gonna continue to top-feed them till the root touch the water.

Oh yeah I almost forgot, one of my two O shaped 4inch airstone is clogged....... My air pump is a Marina 200 2 outlet 110 L/Hours per outlet, But it seems as if its not enough.. I'll post pics later tonight or tomorrow. I think it was time for them to get nutes because they were all starting to get yellow-green, with some of the cotyledons beginning to get yellow tips.

5. Nice.... While removing the top of the reservoir to change the airstone, I've spilled it on the floor, with the seedling and rockwhool cube getting off the net cups.... surprisingly, the roots docent seems to have been damaged. they were hanging out of 3 of the cups with at least 5-6 2-3 inch long roots each... Now the're all back behind the hydroton bed..... I hope they will emerge soon.... They were growing so fast since last night, I dont think it will set me back much, maybe 1-2 day behind.... gotta pay attention next time I completely remove the lid.. Do you think its a major problem ? Obviously, i've put new hydroton since I spilled them just in front of my refrigerator and its a bit dusty.

6. So here's the pics from before the accident : Now I have two airstone working, black tube instead of see-trough, and waiting for those roots to come out a second time haha ! They are still in a temporary cabinet, until I can find one that i'll be able to modify.. Feel free to comment !

Attached Files:

7. They're coming along nicely so far man.

8. Thx Sade ! Hey, I was wondering, what does alga smells like, because since morning, I can smell a faint odor of something that smell like fresh humid earth.. I think lights pass a bit trough the netpots.

9. You will see how resilent these plants are, my first indoor grow was a nightmare, I did everything humanly possible to kill them but they survived.

10. I'm sure my boy Sade will agree, but, your roots (net pot) should smell exactly like fresh fresh earth (soil). Perfectly normal, but watch your res temps.. If you can smell them, it might be a little warm? Perhaps.. Looking good man!

11. Hey inthelooperton, wassup ! Yeah well, I was a bit dumb, it was actually the hydroton that i trew in the garbage yesterday, mixed with the ash from the ashtray... XD What do you think of my nutes concentration ? 260 PPM at around 5.5 PH for a 26 L reservoir. Since they arent even touching the water as of now, is it a good concentration ?

12. Whaaaazzzzzupppp!! Till you have 3 nodes, prolly best to keep it very very low brother, prolly less if you can try to shoot for around 100 if any.. They mostly take on water right now.. Here is this as kind of a very ruff figure to go on.. I strongly say, ruff figure.. Not set in stone in any way killerz.

Attached Files:

13. Hey thx man, that's exactly what I was looking for ! I'm gonna check fro a AdvancedNutrient chart like this one !

14. Hey. I'm new to growing DWC hydroponics. I was wondering if anyone could help me determine if there is anything wrong with my plants. Someone said I have mold growing on them. But I would like someone's opinion on the one plant that has some of leaf bitten off. It looks different to me from the other plants. If any could help me out, please do!! Thanks
    Sorry I can't find out to upload my pictures on here

15. Sorry I cant find out how to upload pictures!!

16. Click here and start your own thread. You'll then see where to attach files.

17. #57 Billkillerz, Apr 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2015
     Well I would love to help you quacker21, but im still new to this, there's tons of experienced grower that will be happy to help you here !

18. #58 Billkillerz, Apr 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2015
    I had to go last evening so I hadn't check on them for like half a day, but DAMN, looks like they have almost doubled size ! Yet there arent any new development on the roots part. Because of the bubble action, all the nets pots bottoms are wet, do you think it dosent promote roots to grow out of the net pot ? Maybe they are still figuring out how to get out of the spagetti-like tangled mass that they've made after I reput them in there pots two days ago. Do you think it would be a good idea to let them dry a bit ?

P.S : The net pots are approximately 1 inch above the water level when there's no bubbles.

19. If they're growing and not showing any issues, just leave them alone.

20. No brother, they love the bubbles, the more the better.. especially if your res water is a tad on the warm side over 72*. You could never ever have to much bubbles.. and it takes some time for those roots sir.. But once one little root hits the water, it an explosion after!