My First Grow What do you think?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by lilcomposer, Mar 23, 2015.

1. So, I've finally finished my very first harvest! I had 1 Amnesia, 7 Moby Dick, and 4 Kush. Unfortunately the Kush ended up foxtailing and had a very low yield. OUTSTANDING bud, but just unappealing to buyers around here. My buddy grew the very same genetics from the same breeder, and it looks like the genes were just bad...Nothing I can do now, though...
    \nAnyway, I used Advanced Nutrients but I intend to switch to a bulk fertilizer company. I really don't care for the price associated with the hype and marketing of Advanced products.
    \nSo, of my 12 plants I will say that I lost four Kush but I intend to make BHO, so there will be some nice recoup with these plants. I kept some for personal smoke, and it's absolutely wonderful! I had a 3 kW grow room; three HPS bulbs. Of these 8 plants I harvested and weighed I ended up with 5.4 lbs. I suppose with the Kush I would have over seven, but I'd rather just make Grade A BHO [​IMG]
    \nPlease, feel free to ask questions about equipment or methodology! (I really hope people see this post!)
    \n DSCN0222.JPG
    \n DSCN0246.JPG
    \n DSCN0255.JPG
    \n DSCN0268.JPG
    \n DSCN0271.JPG
    \n DSCN0273.JPG
    \n DSCN0274.JPG
    \n DSCN0272.JPG
    \n View attachment DSCN0281.MOV
    \n\n 

2. Holy crap, nice yield! Looks like you know what you're doing.

3. Ah I was so nervous to find that someone commented! Thanks for the kind words! I feel like there's still SO much to learn.

4. thats a huge yield for a first grow i think. Did u use any training methods? 

5. Nice first grow

6. Thank you! The main thing I did was topping and defoliation to shape the plants to have as many tops as possible.

Thanks!!

7. Oh, and I had a plant (designated #7) that was behind heavily on size compared to the rest, so I used a hybrid of LST to train her to lean toward the light as much as possible. All I did was rotate the pot daily to get her to stretch a bit in different directions. Of course, she had the nutrients available to do this, so it was not terribly shocking to her.