Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Does marijuana really lower IQ?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by tittybullshitty420, Mar 22, 2015.

1. I'm sure this is bullshit! Potheads aren't stupider that regular people, they just think differently is all. Right?

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

2. There he is. There he goes again! Look, everyone! He posted it once again! Is'nt he just the funniest guy around?! Oh my god.

3. That has been scientifically debunked. IQ only measures what you have learned in an academic institution, but it doesn't measure emotional intelligence, complex reasoning, spatial memory, imagination, curiosity, and a plethora of other factors.

4. #4 easynow, Mar 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2015
    If u let it

5. I never thought it did, but this thread may prove me wrong.,

6. This guy again smh

7. Pot doesn't lower your IQ. 

But if you smoke a lot of pot on top of siting around watching TV all day, eating shitty food, and bombarding your brain with alcohol like most Americans your intellectual faculties will continuously erode.  

All of this^

But especially this.^ IQ doesn't mean shit, in terms of actual intelligence. 

9. Ya doOd. Im bout dumb as fuck now since i been smoking for elvelntenn years

10. It's hard to say because IQ assessment is starting to be questioned. First of all, it doesn't measure intelligence. It's a measure of your capacity for intelligence. However, at this point it looks as though there is some bias in IQ tests. I have no idea if Cannabis lowers one's IQ, but I do have concerns about Cannabis on the developing brain. 

11. Remember....The reason why you are so dumb is because you are Marijuana Deficient.

If Marijuana Helps brain cells, and everything else destroys it (like alcohol) just sayin im putting 2 and 2 together here. Us Stoners are highly more intelligent then the average government brainwashed Jo...Just sayin

12. #13 OneOfTheGoodOnes, Mar 22, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2015
    Neuropsychiatrist and Director of the Center for Medicinal Cannabis Research (CMCR) at the University of California, San Diego Dr. Igor Grant is interested in the short and long-term neuropsychiatric effects of marijuana use. The CMCR has overseen some of the most extensive research on the therapeutic effects of medical marijuana in the U.S. "Despite a commonly held view that cannabis use results in brain damage, meta analyses of extensive neurocognitive studies fail to demonstrate meaningful cognitive declines among recreational users," says Dr. Grant. "Brain imaging has produced variable results, with the best designed studies showing null findings.
    http://medicalxpress.com/news/2015-02-cannabis-world-renowned-discuss-frontier-therapeutics.html

13. No it does not. But it very well may effect IQ when you're baked.

14. I have a question... Why did you post again?

15. Weed doesn't lower your IQ. You, OP may have a low IQ but I'm positive weed isn't the reason for it.

16. But I read somewhere that smoking in teenage development years would effect the "mile nation" I dont know how to spell that and will cause a slower processing time but again there are sites that say weed will kill you but it's just something I read

17. lost 5 points just reading this thread.

[​IMG]

18. boom headshot.

19. Don't forget that THC is a neuroprotective chemical, no need to worry guys, you're fine.