Help please

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Bongo McKush, Mar 22, 2015.

1. #21 GoldGrower, Mar 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2015

I doubt they are 150w 

You want at the very least 50 watts per square foot of area. That's a lot of plants that will take up a huge area. If you want them all to grow properly you will have to forget CFLs in a few weeks. CFLs are not very energy efficient at all. You are much better off getting an HPS light, they put out over twice the amount of light for the same amount of electricity used.

How much do you pay for your electricity? Multiply the kWh cost by the amount of kilowatts you are using and that's how much it will cost per hour 

2. So I got 5 CFLs going with 2 fans making a perfect breeze for all plants... They are each 4 inches or so depending on stem length away from plants..... If I keep this running 24/7. Would I encounter anything negative? I'm trying to convince the old man that there won't be no fire or high bills etc.... Again all you guys are the shit thx so much for all the input.. I'm taking each comment into consideration and this is thx to all so far :)

3. One big hps light? Or a few? Gotta look up what they are.... I have a good to grow store right by me with a family connection...so any supplies u guys recommend I'll definitely look into!!

4. I just got my first electric bill after starting and I didn't see a difference. Then again, I have a daughter who never turns out any lights or tvs, so it probably won't make a difference. I read somewhere that each 23 watt bulb, left on for 6 hours a day will add $3 to your electric bill YEARLY.  Yours are bigger. You can probably figure out an estimate.

5. I bought a nice little fan at Walmart. It was less than $8. They also had some larger ones that clip on for about $14.

6. The Sandie... I got two going now. Barely making them all wiggle a little... I'll be sure to finder another nice compact one to set up... Can never go wrong with Walmart!
    Thx not the*

7. Came into something odd today... Any reason these bulbs keep going out in the metal clamp light holders? This is the second one. I replaced it with a my original blue tint light for a little best cuz the box temp was at 63F with fans on tho.... Waiting to see if the clamp shuts down the blue one I have... Sorry if this a stupid question? I'm a wee stoned 😶

Attached Files:

8. #28 GoldGrower, Mar 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2015

Running them 24/0 is perfectly fine. That's what I do. Full growth speed right around the clock.

As far as the bills go, well, they use what they use. How much does 1 kWh cost you? It's very easy to work out 

I'm sure you will be able to settle your father's mind if you give him cold hard facts about the electricity consumption and costs

Are they screwed in enough? What do mean by going out? Are they blowing? 

By blue one, do you mean those incandescent bulbs? They are useless man, you can't grow plants with those.

Those bulbs aren't 150w, it says on the box that they are to replace an incandescent of 150w. So they are probably about 30w bulbs. Remember that incandescent bulbs are not suitable for growing so comparing your bulbs to them is completely irrelevant

That depends on you, and also what shape your grow area is, but if you are keeping it small then one light will probably be all you need.

That would depend on how much your electricity costs 

9. When on earth so I start feeding my plants this fertilizer? I gotta buddy bust in my balls sayim do it now but he's dumb...any advice anyone?

10. How old are your plants

11. Close to 4 weeks I wanna say?

12. Well start now...With every other watering hit her up...start off very small and work your way to the full dose

13. I'll takenur advice.... Did u see that fish fertilizer I had above? Its a 5.1.1 I don't have any pH readers but I have a milk jug over distilled water I use to water them ...should I only throw a teaspoon in and go from there? Sorry for a billion questions I just want to know what I'm doing you know ? 😕

14. Start with tap water. Let it sit for 24 hours all the bs will evaporate. . Add a half teaspoon in your water feed and repeat

15. After like a week if they show no signs of stress up the dose... get a spray bottle add water and molasses ..spray your leaves. ... and its all good man I have way more questions my first time around

16. Worrrd ok cool. One more question...what's molasses I'll start feeding in a few days... Watered today :/

17. Really dude idk lol I was told this year's ago and it helps for fan leafs in some way..I did an experiment and use molasses wit one plant and one without the one with molasses had bigger leafs and also drank more water

18. How is the grow coming

19. I think its going verybwell.... Besides the fact my lamps kept blowing my 150w CFLs... So I gotta few shitty lights in there... Almost time to transplant for outside.... Went to a grow store they hooked me up with 7 gallon buckets some 'morebloom' fertilizer... I continue to use the 5-1-1 I'm using for veg 2 tbsp. Haven't seen no burning..... Got a few spots on a few leaves but I'm ignoring it cuz last year I had that and it wasn't much of a problem.. If u have any suggestions I'm definitely open to them! Or questions that I can answer to help u understand a Lil more.... I'm a confusing guy when I speak...

Attached Files:

20. Lol its all good man..your looking good man...slowly let them get use to the sun light for a few days before leaving them for good
    I will be starting my grow this week...my seeds just got here, I'll start a thread