Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

No-heat edibles?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by thawhiteness, Mar 21, 2015.

1. Hey guys, thanks in advance for reading this. 

So I have a condition that makes it so I can no longer smoke cannabis.   I also cannot consume edibles because I can't eat anything with sugar, grains, yeast, and a lot of other things that all edibles contain.  Shitty, I know.  So I am left with very few options unfortunately.

I have read somewhere that you can soak your bud in high-fat/oil peanut butter overnight, or for a few days, and it will be just as potent as cooking firecrackers (which I can no longer enjoy :(  ), as long as you decarb your jane.  Has anyone had any experience with this method or a similar one?  I was planning on decarbing a couple grams of bud and putting it in some almond butter (with oil added) and letting it sit for a couple days.  Anyone know if this could potentially work?
    Thanks again in advance.

2. Let it sit for like a week

3. #3 Abe421, Mar 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2015
    Some people say this works, others say it's impossible. The only thing you can really do is test it out. Prepare 3-4 separate weed and PB mix's that you talked about in your post, and eat them at different times. Eat one after 3 days, eat another at 1 week, eat another at 2 weeks, and so forth as much as you want. Or, what you could do is do this exactly, but with just oil instead of PB. PB is solid, and therefore it's difficult for the THC to get out into the oils and fats.

I would say that, after reading a lot of posts, that at 2 weeks, you should be golden. That's where it should reach peak potency.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

Thanks for the response, I appreciate it.  Perhaps I am just to be without cannabis for the next few years or until my condition clears up, but I will definitely try this.  I think you're right about the oil, it would definitely be more efficient at absorbing the cannabinoids.  I'll try this and will post my results.

Thank you for the response

5. If you can vaporize do that. Then take all of your vaporized weed and add it to whatever food you can eat. It's already been decarbed and is edible as is. You can sprinkle it in anything, or actually just chaw it on down on its own. Go to the edible section and you can find a lot more that you can do with weed and how to make actual canna-oil or whatever for your condition. There is a lot of info in the edible section of the forums that are going to be very useful to you.

6. Why can't you just make cannaoil and just add it into whatever food you eat?  Why does it have to be no heat?

7. #7 iVapeTooMuch, Mar 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2015
    Canna oil pills

8. It has been recommended to me that I abstain from vaporizing as well.  

I have yet to find instructions to make cannaoil that don't require a large amount of product or trim, of which I do not, and will not have.

Unless I can find them at my local dispensary, I am out of luck.  I do not have the amount of material required to produce cannaoil.  Also, I am living with my folks, and while they support me medicating myself, they can not stand the smell marijuana being cooked into other products.  I've also heard of many people's canna oil failing and I do not have the money to be throwing away for wasted experiments.  

Thanks for your responses.

9. Do you know of decarbing?

Sent from my intergalactic spaceshiphotbox

10. I think your only choice is going to be to make or buy a tincture.

11. Look up single serving canna oil recipes, I've had friends who just grind up a gram and cook it in the oven in oil inside a cupcake/muffin tin then strain it.

I'm not sure of the correct temperatures, times, and if you need to pre-decarb the weed, so I don't have much info on that part.

I just know my friend would often make a grams worth of cannaoil in his oven in like an hour, and then coat a pizza with it.

Yeah, I was planning on decarbing my jane for this "experiment" haha.

Perhaps, unfortunately many tinctures have sugars in them which I am not allowed to consume.  I'm sure I can find some with just glycerin somewhere, might just take a little effort.  Thanks again for the response.

Wow, I didn't think to search for a single serving "recipe".  I feel kind of silly now, this looks like the way to go.  I've just looked into it and people seem to have had pretty stellar results.  Thanks a ton, I'm seeing the light at the end of the tunnel now haha.  Do you know, would a high-CBD strain be effective for cooking?  I understand THC is fat soluble and that's why it works so well, but what about CBD?  Again, I guess I could search myself but it doesn't hurt to get extra input.   I prefer CBD rich strains but I'd be happy to make whatever I can.  Thanks for your help.

Thank you all for your responses, I truly appreciate it.  If I sound like a snarky asshole it's because I sort of am (haha).  Seriously, thanks guys.

13. Cbd would be effective in an edible. as long as the %of it is high enough. Do you have access to dispensaries or no

Sent from my intergalactic spaceshiphotbox

14. #14 squidlee_bod, Mar 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2015
    *the name brand stereo typical peanut butter (and almond butter probably) are both solid, but the more natural versions tend to have a a layer of oils already sitting on the top. I think this would work just like canna oil, especially if you added some in just to be sure.

Also, not having sugars (obviously of a certain type since peanut butter is full of sugar) and the other stuff you said doesn't leave you cut off from edibles. I'd try the weed and oil method after decarbing and leave it there for like a couple of weeks, and in the mean time try the tea method or even methods that just use the canna oil as dressings on salads or added to normal drinks. Also I would suggest vaping if that's an option.

Edit: you can make a tiny amount of canna oil. People make only a cup or half a cup all the time, it's just about having the right containers!! Dude you can make some strong oil with a couple of grams (less then 7) you just have to have the patience to make it (I got a Pyrex beaker so I could make small amounts of oil!). These other people use a ton of weed because one, they have it, and two it's a lot easier to make a ton at once, rather than a small amount a whole bunch of times. Doesn't mean you can't do that though, try it out

15. #15 Abe421, Mar 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2015
    I just wanted to update you with some info real quick. I made a firecracker with heat and everything, and as usual they always turn out great, but I left one out for 2 1/2 weeks, and ate a quarter of it. It was very strong, a good amount stronger than fresh ones or ones eaten within a week.
    So I can sorta confirm that this sitting-out method does work. But I can't say that it's 100% since I did apply heat when I first made it. But I can say that 2 weeks is a good amount of time for this method.