Help please gents

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by nowuseemenowudont, Mar 21, 2015.

1. Holy crap fool! I didn't know you were here this whole time Cmedont! Why didn't you tell me silly subbed in and looking great girl!

2. Thx and welcome good sir

3. #43 MonkeyTime, May 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2015
    Sub'd up if you don't mind another along for the ride nowucme.

Don't have time to post now about AN nutes, but will tonight.

Crack on brother!

MT

**Edit - forgot to ask, did you ever figure out what was causing your issues that started you posting this thread?

4. Welcome aboard mate!

5. What's the deal Cmedont! How the hell are ya girl

6. Lol good,, and you kind sir? My phone is acting retarded, for lack of better word, cant see pics

7. Good good, planted a LA Affie bean today and made a new discrete germination cabinet with a new 24" t5 hydrofarm grow light, and 2 12" t5 grow lights. A lil desk fan for em, and a thermometer/humidity gauge! It's in a decent size cabinet I made into the wall and made shelves all on top to the top, sucks you can't see pics! But, all well with my girl, and hopefully girls..
    In a way I'm kind of hoping it is a male, so I can give the room to the other taller plant! Prolly still get the same amount in that space with 1 as I would with 2!

8. G'morning nowuseeme,

Take all of this for what you want, I don't claim to be that experienced or some sort of growing guru. I'm still learning and listening like most of us!

I'm using almost the same nutes that you are with maybe one or two more. I'm using the Sensi A/B grow/bloom with the professional bloom adders. This is my second grow with them, both single plant stealth grows in a converted refrigerator, dwc style. This one I'll be scrog'n as well and is a photo instead of an auto.

I was having issues with my ph fluctuating, which pissed me off because I was using the AN nutes for that very reason. Lower leaves were twisting and giving me spots that looked like Cal deficiencies, that I didn't think were right because of how I set up my rez water. It was all results of the ph swings I was having.

After a call to the AN 800 number, I'm looking at them a whole different way and wondering why they don't tell you any of this on their website or better yet bottle!

They are looking for your water to start out with absolutely no more than 300ppm and an ec between 5-7. If that's where you start normally, don't change a thing! Add the nutes as needed for your age plant and leave it alone only topping off as needed with full strength nuted water.

It takes a little rethinking to follow this, but it really seems to be working for me. This morning I found her 34 days into veg, topped twice and LST'd down nice an low with the following measurements and very happy....7.0 and 2.5ec. Both much higher than I would have ever used in the past, but the proof is in the pictures!

Before the call, I was adjusting the ph like I normally would and causing myself all sorts of problems. They told me with perfect water, the nutes will settle your ph in right about 5.6-5.7 which I consider almost perfect. With other than perfect starting water, he said the sweet spot is between 5.5-6.5, but anything between 5-7 is still great and not to touch it.  

I decided to try it their way because I'm only 30 days in and have enough in jars to tide me over if this one went belly up. I'm glad so far I did!

Here's a couple of pics of mine just showing how the numbers above don't seem to be affecting her at all....

View attachment 156345

View attachment 156344

View attachment 156343

If you have any questions, shout 'em out, I'll tell you what I can.

Healthy green all,

MT

9. Good knowledge my friend,,my water starts at ph 7.0 and tds is 5, all i got to do is add nutes,, it lands roughly around 5.7 5.8 ,,, for the ph that is,

10. And as for what was the cause of posting this thread?lol, i believe it was built up dust from hydroton,, or just dust,,, not sure though,,, all i did was let it sit on water with 3percent peroxide diluted to 3 ml per gl, and sit 36 hours then emptied res and started over with fresh everything, 2 days or so later it was better,,lo if that helps

11. As long as it worked!

If you told me you did the peepee dance naked under a full moon and it worked, I'd laugh my azz off, tell you good job, and then laugh some more and ask for pics, just for proof of course!

I'm all about results, not married to any one thought process or ideas

She looks great!

Sent from my LGUS990 using Tapatalk

12. Monkey, lol, I have done this, it works everytime, now post pics when you get you dance on friend,lol!
    Much love monkey!

13. Much love fellas,,,thanx so much for the support and feed back,, means alot

14. Awee, Cmedont, I'd a been here much faster if I knew or asked if you had a journal! Your always showing me love, I gots mad respect for you and yourz girl!

15. So thursday marked week 3 of flower, and how many weeks of flower? 8

16. I believe its ten weeks,,

17. Can I get a group hug here people!

Haven't been on GC long, but am really diggin the vibe and people on here!

May have to make a move!

18. Monkey, I'll till ya man, this place is my home sir.. My wife is on here and I fell like these people are my true friends, and my real life ones are just fake,lol.. I've been in the Military, and I went to military school for 2 years, but these people, these people here in G.C. are the best I've met.. Welcome back to the City man!
    And sorry if your female,lol, I've been through this with Cmedont already, lol,

19. Lol we are all family here

20. Oh my 10 weeks, lol, next time through an auto in there with her lol, get some bud in a couple months.. I'm right with ya though, next go round I'm running this Photo From Cali - connection, just 1 scrogged, and lovely hopefully,lol

Attached Files: