Illinois LEGALIZE IT, dont criticize it. Senate Bill 753 Illinois: Marijuana Legalization Measure Introduced-NORML

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by FrankTheTank28, Mar 21, 2015.

1. People in IL, it is time to contact your senate member. 
    "Illinois lawmakers are considering legislation to permit adults to legally possess and cultivate personal use amounts of marijuana. 
    Senate Bill 753 amends the criminal code to remove criminal and civil penalties specific to the possession of up to 30 grams of cannabis and/or the cultivation of up to five plants by those age 21 or older..."

More info and to easily contact your senate member, go here:

http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/o/51046/p/dia/action3/common/public/?action_KEY=15542

We are also having a Global Cannabis march on May 2nd in Chicago (one in Peoria too.) More info here:

http://illinoisnorml.org/ilnorml/2015-global-cannabis-march-coming-to-chicago-and-peoria-on-saturday-may-2nd/

• Like Like x 1
  2. Man, I live in Kansas city. If this passes I will be moving to east St. Louis.

3. #3 FrankTheTank28, Mar 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2015
    I wouldn't get your hopes up, unfortunately. :/

IL is a melting pot. We have progressive thinkers that are closer to the city and in the city, but we also have people living in the stone age that are in small towns and rural communities in IL. 

However, I know that I will be spreading the word personally. All we can do is work towards progress. So, let's hope for a brighter future!

PS. 

Bruce Rauner... Might be a problem too.

4. Illinois isn't looking so great but yeah I'll see what I can do here about contacting our reps. Maybe legal weed here will convince me to stay. Illinois is the worst state ever

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. Right on hoping for the best this state sucks

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. Well travilanche I live in Lawrence ks and remember ks is trying to pass bills to legalize as well so you might want to pray for that I'm from Illinois myself born and raised lived there 25 years I'm from Chicago

7. You've obviously never lived in Kansas.

8. Kansas introduces legislation every session that the rest of the congress refuses to even hear. It will be that way for a long time unfortunately. Kansas is the worst state in the Union for this kind of thing. It is the birthplace of the T-totalers after all. Kansas will be the very last state to legalize.

Can't be so bad. You're only a stones throw away from colorado.

10. If you consider a 9 hour drive a stones throw.

I am honestly surprised Kansas hasn't built a wall on their Colorado border yet. Do you know that in Kansas they will commute sentences for certain drug charges if you promise to get the fuck out and never come back? Banishment essentially...like the 1400's or some shit. That place is a conservative Christian hellscape. Stay away for your own sanity.

11. So how do we get saner laws in the midsection of our country? Lately, I have been using their love of sports as a way of getting folks to look at cannabis differently. We have been having a lot of sports figures getting busted for cannabis. We also have had all too many of our athletes succumb to Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, and even suicides due to brain trauma. So I have been commenting in the news with comments like this-

I believe that post-game cannabis use should be mandatory for all athletes at risk for concussions! Besides easing pain, cannabinoids can protect the brain in cases of brain trauma! See “Marijuana Bowl: Leading Up To Football's Biggest Game, The NFL May Want to Consider Legalizing Weed As Way To Treat Concussions” (Medical Daily), “Cannabinoids As Neuroprotective Agents in Traumatic Brain Injury” (PubMed), “Cannabis Responsive Head Injury Induced Mutiple Disabilities: A Case Report (scirp), “Low Doses of THC (Cannabis) Can Halt Brain Damage, Study Suggests” (Science Daily) and “Marijuana use associated with lower death rates in patients with traumatic brain injuries (eurekalert) which is based on “Effect of Marijuana Use on Outcomes in Traumatic Brain Injury” (PubMed[SIZE=12pt]).            [/SIZE] .

Repeated concussions have led to the suicides of several athletes and permanent disability for many more - that is a fact. The studies and articles above suggest that cannabis use may help brains to heal better with lower mortality rates.  Hopefully, legalizing medical use will prevent such tragic suicides from happening again. It just seems insane to punish our athletes for using this herbal medicine that can protect their brains! They shouldn't have to suffer the effects of concussions for the rest of their lives, merely to provide us with entertainment, when such a simple solution is available!

And a second article I quote a lot is this-

How MEDlCAL MARlJUANA'S Chemicals May Protect Cells                  (news – 2015) http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/how-medical-marijuana-s-chemicals-may-protect-cells/

“How MEDlCAL MARlJUANA'S Chemicals May Protect Cells” (Scientific American- Vol 312, Issue 2- Jan 2015)   “trauma surgeon David Plurad and his colleagues did a retrospective review of 446 traumatic brain injury (TBI) cases treated at Harbor-UCLA Medical Center from January 2010 through December 2012. Their study, reported in the journal American Surgeon, found that 82 of those patients tested positive for THC and two of them died, for a mortality rate of 2.4 percent. The mortality rate among the 364 patients who did not have THC in their system was 11.5 percent, nearly five times higher. After taking into account other factors, such as age, severity of injury and blood alcohol level, the researchers concluded that the link between THC and a lower death rate in these patients stood up.”

Then I go on to ask them, if cannabis can reduce the mortality rate among head trauma victims to almost 1/5 of that of non-users, what do they think it could do for the "relatively minor" damage from repeated concussions such as our athletes are exposed to?

America LOVES it's sports and their athletes, use that fact! You see an article in the news about an athlete getting busted, or being sidelined for a concussion, comment about how cannabis use may save their lives!

The way we get cannabis legalized is by CHANGING ONE MIND AT A TIME!  All each of us has to do is try to convince one person, and there will be enough votes to legalize!

I bet a lot of you are saying to yourselves, "well I don't have time to hunt down the news articles and studies, so I can give a good answer".  [​IMG]  

The new "Granny Storm Crow's List" is there to help you out! The List is filled with 1000s of links to news article and medical studies, all sorted by their subject and date.  To find articles like those I mentioned in my comment, you just go to the  "BRAIN TRAUMA" section and grab what you need!  To get your FREE copy of the List, either PM me your email address, or you can check out the bottom of my sig for my email address. I usually get your List to you within 48 hours.

So you write a few sentences and add a couple of titles to back you up, and you have a comment! It isn't hard! [​IMG] And frequently, you will run into a troll who will comment how "pot causes lung cancer worse than tobacco" or other foolish statement. My List gives you all the "ammo" you need to make him look like a total fool! (That's one of my guilty pleasures! [​IMG] )

Hope to hear from you soon,

Granny

12. And this has what to do with Illinois??

13. Well either way I hope Illinois and Kansas and the whole damn country legalizes it with no limit to how much you can grow or have in your possession there is not a limit on how many tomato plants you can grow or barley or tobacco

14. That would be sweet, but I highly doubt it :( 

15. Thanks OP i will contact my senator.

Im waiting for the local grow op to be completed... im ready to get out of this factory and into a greenhouse of skunky bliss.

Illinois blows, but if i can grow my own ill bitch about it a little less.

16. Lol man and you got progressives like me living in those little shit towns downstate :)

17. Yea small towns are filled with potheads, its all the old folk who are against it and luckily, they are, how shall I put it, becoming less relevent.

18. There are plenty of cool people in small towns! From my journey through life, I have typically encountered loons in small towns. However, the same can also be said for the burbs. 

Nevertheless, I really should not generalize. 

19. #19 FrankTheTank28, Jun 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2015

We need to changes minds here in IL good sir or madam so that is why it is relevant. 

20. Did you not read his post it has nothing to do with senate bill 753, I am pretty sure that is what this thread is about. You really think people on this site have not made up there mind on marijuana