Organic outdoor super soil

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by EdgarNigma, Mar 21, 2015.

1. Hello all, thanks for stopping by. Today I am showcasing my first ever outdoor grow.
    Earlier this month I received 8 clones. 6 jack herer and 2 critical kush. After putting 4 into 1.5 gallon pots and 4 into 5 gallon pots I decided the poor babies in the 1.5 were space starved. Luckily I live where space is little issue and outdoors beg to be planted in.
    Earlier today I put an 18 inch deep bed of straight up cow poo. I then covered it in what I call "super soil", (ten year old horse manure sawdust and peat gravel mix) about 12 inches deep. I just planted them today and being only a lurk most of the time I figured I would see if anyone would be interested in me Journaling my grow on here for the sake of information. I love questions and feedback even more. Let me know what you all think!
    Picts up soon

2. Definitely journal your grow! Different kinds of soil & how they perform is great info to share. Photos, precise descriptions of your soil and mainly time will tell a lot

3. I hate to be the barer of bad news, but it's too early to put clones outdoors. They will most likely flower early and then reveg. May is the earliest I would recommend putting clones out. Maybe late April for a Southern Lat grow. Seeds would be ok to start outdoors right now because they aren't sexually mature like clones. By the time a seed plant is ready to flower, the days will be getting longer. This trips up a lot of growers.

4. Thanks man for the input. I'm not too worried about how the will turn out. I got 4 more indoors to keep me leveled. I figured that may be what happens. I'm looking forward to seeing where they get to. I may use tin to manipulate the lighting they get to encourage the flower early. My main concern is too much rain to be honest. Second concern is the manure under the soil will be too hot for the girls to handle. Other than that I'm just gonna sit back and see what happens. I'll keep this updated weekly or so.

5. Sorry for the delay. Here are the beauties. They are on the shade side of a barn. I did this for security. I also wanted to limit their light amount to get them to flower ASAP.

Attached Files:

6. While the days are around 12 hours now, they are still getting longer daily though - and regarding the shade, do they get any sun?

J

7. They do in the morning. This was taken about noon. Not my primary grow so mainly just experimenting with this whole thing. I'm hoping the ambient light won't cause too much issue. Also this northwest rain may be too much as well. Probably going to have some slower development from the lack of light but what the heck. It's all in the name of science!

8. The ambient light is still light.

9. Looks great to me man. They look nice and healthy. I'll be following this one.[​IMG]