Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Cannabinoid Detox Question

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by mulu, Mar 19, 2015.

1. hey guys, quick question. I've been reading thc detox guides to flush cannabinoids out of my system and most of them seem to be saying to avoid fatty foods as thc is fat soluble (as we all know). but my thoughts are  that this could be counter productive. to make a quick analogy, to rid the body of water soluble toxins you must drink loads of water to flush them out, so surely this would be the same with cannabinoids in principal? in that it would be a good idea to eat healthy fatty foods (obviously with no thc in) to flush the thc-infused fat cells from your body? this way the non-thc fat cells dilute the thc-infused?
    what are peoples thoughts on this?

if its relevant: i also don't really eat any processed, grains or other unhealthy food and instead eat wholefoods and eat a high healthy fat diet (i get my fats mainly from coconut, olive, peanut and other raw nut oils and hemp seeds etc. 

i'm also not giving the herb up, just a few days of and trying to flush my body of toxins as well as thc etc, partly for health, partly for mental clarity.

also sorry if this is in the wrong section of the forum, this one seemed the most relevant and im kinda new to forums

cheers fellow brothers

2. also: Most fatty acids go through a special digestive process, which allows them to travel through your bloodstream to tissues that metabolize or store fats. MCTs are different because they're easily absorbed, then metabolized in the liver and used for energy. (most fats i eat are MCT)

3. #3 SergeantMeowstein, Mar 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2015
    Your choice of section is correct, general cannabis questions unrelated to growing are most welcome here. 

From what I've gathered on GC, you should avoid eating fatty foods and avoid burning fat (=working out) if you're in a hurry to detox.
    I wish I could provide specific quotes, but someone said that basically burning your fat cells releases the cannabinoids they held into your urine. Of course in the long run, this can be very effective if you keep burning fat and drinking loads of water regularly. 

If I'm mistaken, please feel free to correct. 

4. I didn't read it all but your analogy doesn't make sense. You piss water out of your body but you don't piss fat out lol. You gotta work out

5. I think THC leaves your body through sweating and excretion so if you restrict your fat intake, the molecules will have less to hold on to so they get pushed out

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum