First time period you would go to if you had a time machine

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by NewEnglandStonah, Mar 19, 2015.

1. This is, an awesome topic!! i think about time traveling all the time. To be quite frank I have some weird recollection of the 90s early 2000s so I'd get there and figure out what my issue is. After, I'd travel to ancient egypt. The fertile crescent days. Also the Roman Empire. Lastly, the beginning of time if there is one. Atleast time of humans. When I think of the past I have shadows over it. For whatever reason.. It fees weirdly, nostalgic, hard to describe. If I think it's weird, I can't imagine if I was physcially in another time, must be extraaa weird.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. can you leave another time frame whenever you want? hop back in the machine?

if so first I'd go to the cavemen era, bring fire and 5 lbs of weed to keep them all peaceful. would that change the humans who evolved now to be more peaceful (butterfly effect?) Lol, then I'd go to the dinosaur era blazed because that would be really trippy and shit 100 ft long dinosaurs40 ft tall theyve always interested me

Sent from my intergalactic spaceship hotbox

4. American Revolution right where I live in South Carolina Id follow the swamp fox around.

5. As an earlier poster said, time travel is too dangerous. Think, I could somehow alter your life by the actions that my future self does in the past (if you can follow that) All time travel mumbo-jumbo aside, I would only go back a couple years and change some things about my own life. Knowing my luck, I'd end up tearing a hole in the spacetime-continuum and destroying the universe lol

6. I always wondered what would happen if the Kennedy assassination never happened lol. What would the us look like today?

7. 70's/80's New York City - golden era of graffiti and hip hop.

8. It would HAVE to be the jurassic era.

Then I'd love to see Genghis khan and his superior tactics that shaped today's military structure.

9. Probably America in the 1950s. See how we were at our peak.

10. #50 Vicious, Apr 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2015

Swamp Fox? Is that a Revolutionary war Rommel?

You're under the assumption that our world and our time line is the only one that exists. It's more likely that if you went back in time to save JFK you would be moving to a world where JFK didn't die. If you came back to your would he might still be dead. That''s why I said the absolute first thing I would do is test this.

But if it is the way you say it is, all the more reason to conceive yourself or create a grandfather paradox to become a unique entity or completely fuck the universe.

11. You meant Rommel is a ww2 Marion.

But yeah I guess so just with out the sand and the genocide....

Dude, Rommel had nothing to do with the holocaust and was an amazing general. I'll give you the sand part.

13. I don't know much about him just know he was a nazi.

Africa is alil far from the holocaust lol.

14. I would go back to the mid/late 80s.

Rommel was brought to trial and death for his involvement in a plot to overthrow Hitler. Others wanted Hitler assassinated but Rommel knew this would cause a civil war in Germany so he opted for Hitler's arrest and opted for him to be tried for his crimes. This didn't happen, the plan was foiled. After trial and given the chance to commit suicide he said that he didn't want to be buried a hero of the Nazi regime. Despite this he was given a public funeral in highest decoration as a propaganda stunt.

Again, Rommel was an amazing general despite being a Nazi. "I just knew he was a Nazi" and your offhand remarks about genocide is very irking. Try looking at history through unbiased eyes.

16. Wow never knew that.

I'm into history a lot but very random subjects

I just never researched that subject as it never interested me much I'm sorry if I offended you.
    I was just joking around when I said "sand and genocide" I wasn't being dead serious pretending I knew....

You brought him up i guess I should have researched him more again sorry if I offended you vicious.

17. #57 Vicious, Apr 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2015

It's fine. To most people it would seem I'm being a Nazi apologist. Any talk about WWII and the holocaust seems inseparable, that is what is upsetting to me. Even people like Rommel, in Africa, that were against Hitler are lumped up in it.

18. I would set Harry Anslinger up with a prostitute then publicize its.. (Before he is able to get prohibition sorted..)

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

19. I would either go back to when the dinosaurs were alive or very far into the future.

20. The 60s to see the jazz age with louis armstrong and dean martin and all the others and might as well spend a few years to meet jimi hendrix before he got famous
    Then id go way back maybe 1900s into the countries that werent ravaged by pollution

:smoking: