First time period you would go to if you had a time machine

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by NewEnglandStonah, Mar 19, 2015.

1. Make a list of the first places you would go visit if you had access to a time machine ala back to the future. And why would you go to that specific time?

For me it would be 1800s america. Just to see how that would be to live there for a day.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Mine would be to go back to date they think humans became civilised, I would wanna see if we had an influence from anything. Or maybe when the giant pyramids were built (though No one is actually sure about what date that is).

Then I'd come back and tell everyone how wrong or right they were

3. I honestly feel like I was born about 10 years too early. I wouldn't want to go back to anything earlier than that. Although I might like to go back to the late 1800's just to see what clean air actually smells like.

4. I'd stop Buddy Holly from getting on that plane.

Hey, you save who you want, I'll save who i want :p

5. I'd go back to last week get the lotto numbers

6. I wouldn't. I would destroy it beyond repair, too dangerous.

7. 1967 San Francisco - Summer of Love, good music, good drugs, good people, good vibes
    1940s Germany - Take a selfie with Hitler
    Whenever Jesus was supposed to be alive - See what that little brown dude was up to, see if he even exists and whether or not he was full of shit

8. You want a picture of yourself with Hitler?  I'd rather change history for the better by bashing his brains in before I came back to the present time.  

9. Don't forget Richie Valens and the Big Bopper! 

To answer the question I'd probably pick the jazz age, 1920's, before the stock market crashed.  

10. #10 MediCole420, Mar 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2015
    1885.. [​IMG]
    I'd buy ALL the Remington rifles, and train a small army and conquer the newly United States(20 years but still), then slowly but surely take the entire Western Hemisphere [​IMG]

And Dr Pepper was invented in that same year.. It'd be pretty sweet to buy the first Dr Pepper ever served

I'd also love to invest in the newly formed company American Telephone and Telegraph.. AT&T..

11. They had air, water, and land pollution just as bad, if not worse, in the late 1800's, in much of the country.  

12. Suprised no one has mentioned prehistoric times yet. Im interested to see how accurate the dinosaurs from jurassic park actually are from the real thing. I also would go 100 years into the future. I wonder how humans are 100 years from now

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

13. As far back as I could. Wanna see what this place looked like before humans.

14. The dinosaurs in Jurassic park are pretty inaccurate from what we have learned of dinosaurs in the last 20 years. Still one of the best movies ever.

15. I would go back in time to the age of the dinosaurs and I would RKO one of those long neck fucking dinosaurs just to show them who runs shit! Fucking long neck cunts! I would then domesticate those fucking dinotwats and I would live my life like the flintstones  use a fucking pelican as a cement mixer and it would make snarky remarks. I would scream yabba dabba doo! 

16. #17 Vicious, Mar 19, 2015
    First thing I would do is test to see if they changes in the past affected the future or broke off into separate timelines and if I could go to alternate timelines or only navigate my worldline.

First I'd probably punch Brutus in the gabber and tell Caesar about what a bitch everyone is. Then after I verify I am in fact a based timebro we would purge the counsel and rule and shit. I'd bring a future tech and weapons to reverse import and fuck shit up.

Also, maybe tell Hitler not to go for Stalingrad or the Caspian and push to the capital.

17. #18 JuanRing, Mar 19, 2015
    I'd go back 3000 years, to before the sacking of Alexandria. Alexandria had by far the largest library of the time, and so many priceless works of academia were lost when the library burned. Some historians speculate that we'd be thousands of years ahead in technology if that information wasn't lost.

Not to mention tons of artistic and poetic works. For instance the poet Homer, wrote dozens of epics, but the only two that survive are Odyssey and Iliad. It's like if we only had Macbeth and Romeo and Juliet from Shakespeare.

18. First, I'd go back and slap myself on the ass the moment I was born. Then I'd go forward to when I had the absolute best bud ever and get stoned with my younger self and maybe drop a lil knowledge on the kid.... like, whatever you do, don't fuck that girl  and when you get to
    _________, go left and not right. That kinda shit .

19. Oooo I have so many answers so much I would love to see, witness and be a part of..

But ultimately I would like to go back to the very beginning of time. As far back as possible. To somehow exist during the big bang, or whatever really happened. And yes, there are so many arguments to say why that wouldn't be possible but I mean I think this thread leaves itself open to anything 'possible' or otherwise lol... So that's my answer and I'm sticking with it ;)