How blessed are you, seriously?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Messiah Decoy, Mar 19, 2015.

Yea man I agree. I don't really think they are cursed, I'm just trying to picture how a believer in God might see things. But they are definitely far less fortunate than us.

My mother is from the Philippines and we went over there to visit our relatives when I was about 12 years old (we live in Australia). Life is very very different over there. As we drove into Manila we saw makeshift cities beside the highway made of scrap wood/metal/cardboard where thousands of homeless people were living. Many of the homeless children have no known parents and have to fend for themselves. Everyone over there seemed to think this was all perfectly normal. Shopping centers were often in short supply of food. Fruit and vegetables that they sold were most often half rotten. They also have to boil all their water because their government haven't set up proper water treatment and distribution means.  

Poverty is really something you have to see to really understand. It would be good if more westerners went overseas to  poverty stricken countries to see how fortunate they really are.

Agree with all of that. Glad other people see it. I was profoundly impacted when I went to Thailand and South America. Saw very beautiful things but "normal life" over there is such that you can't imagine it. I would imagine many similarities in the Philippines and Thailand except Lumpia by far rocks!

I often think of those things when I read or watch the utter nonsense of what we call news. We complain and bitch about the most trivial things..especially when it concerns crime. Try mouthing off to a police officer in Thailand. You will be legally beaten down till they knock you out, thrown in a prison that is general population until they get around to processing you which could be hours, days or weeks.

Try going down to Mexico where there is no jury...its trial by the Judge you are testifying before...1 judge, his wisdom, and your future. Yet we sit here and complain about what we got when even the poorest of the United States has it better then most of Thailand.

3. just give a number dude.

It doesn't have to be God. Think of blessed as "lucky"

The op even said not to post this and you decided to post it anyway

What a duck

-yuri

4. 4/10 .  Got a lot to be thankful for but most of my blessings came from hard work I put in. 

Relatively speaking it's a solid 10.

6. I don't have a number.

But to be born in california in the snobby suburbs, I'd say I'm fairly blessed.

I see that children are born into slave labor, poverty, and violence.

Cali isn't that bad.

7. I truly feel blessed I don't have much just enough

Peace and love

❤️

8. Papa Satan has blessed me with the fruition of awareness.