How blessed are you, seriously?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Messiah Decoy, Mar 19, 2015.

1. From a 1 to 10 scale.

Inb4 atheist says "zero cause there's no God".

2. blessed enough to be alive

3. Plenty of food, a roof, heat, running water and health... i suppose im quite blessed if i were to base it off those criteria - 10

4. Just as much as the next person

5. 10. The sheer fact that we are self conscience/self aware is an amazing feat. I feel blessed every day I wake up and get to experience this reality before I don't get to wake up again.

6. I think im blessed therefore i am blessed. No doubt.

7. Considering all the possibilities of what I could have been born in to, I am extremely blessed. 9.9/10.  I try to keep this in perspective when I'm feeling down.

8. Blessed? As in what God gave me? I'm not gonna put down God or the belief in him.

I just don't understand why God should get the credit for what you have when you (or your parents) worked your/their ass(es) of to get where you (all) are.

You believe God gave you money, so that you could go on consuming and living in gluttony and decadence?

The way most of us live pretty much goes against the word of God. We profit of other peoples misery, we pollute the planet, we stare into screens all day, we risk our lives in traffic and use substances that destroy us (not weed tho).

If God wanted to bless me he should've given me a challenge that makes me humble, make me live in ignorance so that I keep worshiping him, force me to help others to find any pleasure in my own life.

But hey, thanks God. Thanks for making me a decadent, spoiled, rich, stoner atheist douche ;)

I'm not blessed. I'm hard working and just happened to be born into just the right conditions and the right society that would allow me to live an independent and productive life.

I'll thank my parents, my teachers, the people who built society, the people who built roads and railways, the people who grow my weed. But not God, he hasn't proven himself yet.

9. College debt really makes me believe that I'm not really all that blessed. It's like an albatross around my neck waiting for me to slip up with grades so it can ruin my life. 'Merica.

10. That seems to be a matter of perspective with endless possibilities. 
    I personally give the song a 10 & it's something that I think about often.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axZgwnM9JJ0

I don't completely understand the meaning of "blessed" but I do know what it takes to obtain peace of mind in my life, regardless.

11. #11 cyr-grow, Mar 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2015
    You're not blessed, but, you were born into just the right conditions to not have to suffer like many others around the world.

You're not blessed, but, you have amazing parents who cared about you and took care of you.

You're not blessed, but, you were given a life to live.

You're not blessed, but, you were born in a country that gives you freedom.

You're right, you're not blessed.

If the challenge was to make it into heaven, divination, or whatever heaven would be for you. Is that not a big enough challenge in itself considering the reward?

12. I was told by one of the greatest pimps that ever lived, his name is called "God" that, "If you know what you got, you ain't got much.".

13. I am ABSOLUTELY blessed. On a 1 - 10 scale, I'd proably say about a million, honestly haha. In my 20 years on this earth, Ive had 3 major brain tumors, all at different times. And that for damn sure puts things into perspective for you! Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

14. About 3.50

15. I'm always trying to figure out how blessed I am, which I know is a shitty way to be.  Such am I.

16. You mean, three fiddy?[​IMG]  

yes, with just a bit of subtlety 

18. I would say near a 10. Been all over the world, served my nation for a while, finished college, I am employed, the significant other is employed and I drive a fast car! I also have 2 lovely cats.

19. I happen to have been born in an affluent country where most people live happy productive lives. I prefer to think of myself as lucky rather than blessed. I'm just glad I wasn't born in a poverty stricken country like India or the Philippines. If we are blessed, are people over there therefore cursed?  

In my travels I have often thought of that. It would be selfish to think there cursed. Life is hard its meant to be. Why I often have said that the people who live in Westernized Countries, and evovled Asian places like Japan do not live in the real world...yet they do at the same time. That population is squat compared to the rest of the planet and if you want to see how your fellow brothers and sisters live you need to take a vacation outside of those places. Its mind blowing.