Welcome to Grasscity Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Skunk Cabbage and Wet Mud

• Please log in to reply

durval

durval

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
So i went to my grow site a while back for the first time, to discover that its a patch of skunk cabbage. Its right next to a creek so the mud is wet but not soaked. I was planning on digging up a few of these cabbage and planting my plants. Would this work or would the soil be to wet and do you think the soil would be fertile or would i need to put my own fertilizers in. This is an example of what it looks like. I could not get any pictures of it cause i still got 2' of snow of the ground, but these are very close to what it is. Would there be any problems growing in conditions like this.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Tokeyblunts

Tokeyblunts

• Registered Upgraded
  • 119 posts
Does the soil stay that moist all the time?

I'd be afraid of root rot if so..

hootskers420

hootskers420

Deadhead, Floydmind

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,472 posts
That soil looks way too wet. Anywhere that marsh or swamp vegetation grows is not a good place for mj.

Dreadlocker

Dreadlocker

Stay Wild!

• Registered Upgraded
  • 4,392 posts
if i were u i would look to plant them slightly uphill from the lowarea. somwhere with a little elevation (enough to provide stabel soil, like 5-7 feet above the waterline of the marshy area). This way the plant will be able to tap into the moisture with its roots as it ages, and it will still have solid soil to grow in.

Horus XCIII

Horus XCIII

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,287 posts
Lol, when you said "skunk cabbage" I thought it was some fucked-up strain :D

Yeah that looks way too wet man.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users