Americas Food

Discussion in 'General' started by JuntLord, Mar 18, 2015.

1. We should take into consideration the high amount of GMO's we have in our food..

You're missing the point man.

As August West already stated above, there's plenty of lean meats, vegetables, grains, nuts, etc. that is easily available. Just because there's plenty of junk food too, in no way means you need to purchase it, or consume it.

You have all the choice in the world.

3. Food is boring.. I want some exotic foreign quisine.

Just another reason to travel abroad this year.

Sent from the fingers of a Mad Hatter.

4. Even though they're shown to be safe

Did you happen to read the study on a hundred billion animals fed gmo crops?

5. Here are some school lunches from different parts of the globe. Idk if it's fake or not but its still pretty interesting. 

[​IMG]

France got that prime rib do :yummy:

6. Well the truth is hard to swallow sometimes. Your getting bashed because the way your comming about this situation is that Ronald Mcdonald is tying you down and shoving shitty foods into your mouth and theres nothing that can be done.

Other countries are stupid and naive if they think only america have junk food and theirs do not.

The study, released jointly with the U.S. Centers for Disease Control, says 24.1 per cent of adults in Canada were obese between 2007 and 2009. In the U.S., the figure was 34.4 per cent.

According to country estimates for 2008, roughly 23% of women and 20% of men were obese in europe.

A 2005 WHO study found that just over 20% of Australian adults are obese,[3] which is expected to rise to roughly 29% in 2010 if current trends continue.

So like Jesus said "He who is without sin should cast the first stone".

7. Have you seen what they do to lab mice?

8. It's so funny I saw this today. Yes, sodium.,

Today on lunch break I realized I left my lunchbox on the kitchen table at home and now had to drive somewhere to eat. Having only 30 minutes and already spent 10 takin' a shit, I had few options. There is a Food Lion that takes 1-2 minutes to drive to so I went there to get a sandwich from the deli. Just figured it would be healthier than the McDonald's next door to get a Chicken-Caesar Tortilla Wrap. 

Wrong.

Didn't even check the label til I already ate 1/2 of it. 

2250mg of sodium. In 1 serving. 93% of your daily intake.

29g of protein 

0.5g trans fat

Like 20g other fat

Like 12g of sugar

Could NOT believe the sodium content. That's beyond ridiculous. You should see the ingredient list, it takes the whole back of the package. I still have the wrapper, I'll take a pic later...

9. Are you referencing the retracted French study about tumors?

10. I dont eat mcdonalds foo

11. All the junk food is the reason there are so many fat fucks walking around in America. 

Whoever said sugar isn't the problem doesn't have their shit straight! Sugar is the crack/cocaine and heroine of the food world. If you wanna stop being so fat, cut the sugar and soda and junk food out of your diet - watch your belly shrink! 

12. People are just lazy,they will take thier cars when they could just as easily walk.
    Look at all the gadgets and gizmos out there,to save us getting up off our arses lol

13. Yep.  It's all Sugar, Corn, Salt, Wheat and Meat...... among a thousand different additives and colors and preservatives.

That's why I barely eat anything pre packaged.  Basically most anything in a bag or a box is garbage.

Obesity is closely linked to heart disease. And people aren't obese because of sodium, they are obese bc they eat refined sugar out of control along w/ a plethora of other garbage nutrition, and all the extra simple carbs are converted to fat in the body! 

Sodium isn't great for you but sugar is the real destroyer of health in America!

15. I eat sweets,crisps.ready meals.however i eat in moderation,and exercise.
    I really dont see it a problem,unless you're being a total pig and constantly eating without exercising.

Maybe the dude is only 18 and doesn't have the means to buy a bunch of healthy groceries. Last time I checked one of my biggest monthly expenses is trips to Whole Foods. Taking care of yourself with proper nutrition is not cheap! 

And yes, parents do have an obligation to take care of their kids. But if you look at how fat and unhealthy many American kids are, I'd say there are a lot of parents who damn near guilty of child abuse for the way they feed their kids. 

Kids can't do everything on their own, they need guidance. And I give this kid kudos for making this thread and at least recognizing his household is filled with garbage nutrition. 

17. I dont know how true this is,just going by tv and hearsay.
    Americans seem to eat out a lot?

18. ^ A lot, and massive portions! 

One thing I noticed when traveling abroad is the meals/portions are probably half the size we eat in America. Bc everything here is king-sized and super jumbo, especially the people!

19. Lol that made me chuckle

THis 100%. Sodium isn't all that bad, especially if you do some sort of regular exercise. IMHO the media and food outlets try and make sodium look bad, in reality it's sugar, bad fats, and high calories that make people fat and/or sick.