Americas Food

Discussion in 'General' started by JuntLord, Mar 18, 2015.

1. Maybe its just the food in my house, maybe its america, but anyone else notice the food here is such garbage. Everything has so much sugar in it and theres rarely anything healthy being promoted. I went to make breakfast this morning and all I see is cereal, toaster strudel, pancakes, bacon(which i love but eating everyday aint healthy), and other garbage.
    Anything I look for is full of processed foods and its just bullcrap. The only healthy thing ive got is bananas and water , while everything else is sugar and bs.

Once again maybe its just my house but I know for a fact America produces the most bullshit food. I hear people from other countries laughing at the fact we would even drink a litre of coke with a burger and fries from mcydees.
    i guess thats my little rant haha but I cant be the only one that notices am I?

2. The real killer isn't the sugar, it's the sodium. Heart disease is the leading cause of death in the United States, and a big part of that is the horrendous amount of salt in everything.

3. it's just what you and other Americans choose to buy. We are marketed glorious, sugary strudels that take no time to make but make us feel like we just ate a full meal. Of course we 'busy' and 'hard working' Americans want a quick but good breakfast. human's are programmed to take the easiest path in front of them. Well, some think quicker cooking times is the easiest path because they want to eat NOW and others think preparing foods from fresh ingredients is the easiest path because they don't want shit bricks the every fucking morning from all the shit they consumed the night before. and others crave sugar/carbs/sodium (i myself crave sodium) so they overindulge in the thousands of products our country markets as acceptable food.

4. I eat two eggs every morning that I get at the Farmer's market. The eggs are better than bullshit grocery store eggs, but the real reason that I get them is that I know the chickens were treated well. Anyway, a couple of eggs and a cup of tea. That's the breakfast of champions for me. 

5. You are correct and incorrect OP. I agree, the US has an inordinate amount of shit food and it sounds like the food in your house is some prime examples of that shit food. I disagree though, because you can go buy healthy ingredients at just about any store and make your own healthy tasty food. Whoever does your grocery shopping just buys shit. I do my own grocery shopping and get good things and eat good food.  I know how to read nutrition and ingredient labels. Don't buy shit that comes in a box. The only canned food you should have is tomatoes or corn, anything else just make yourself. Never buy anything that has claims on the package of being natural or healthy.

6. #6 boydamien, Mar 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2015
    Makings of a good thread,

"Lets see you're garbage food" lol

7. i used to eat quick easy foods. everything in my pantry could be cooked in a microwave. or have boiling water added.
    after i had kids however, i changed in my mind and became a lot more health conscious.

8. America also produces lean meats, seafood and vegetables.

you have a choice at the market when you go shopping.

9. Yea my mother buys the shittiest food its not even funny. My whole life I can remember eating foods you can cook in microwaves if you have no oven(basically all frozen food) or going out to eat. Not to be that guy but my
    mom cant cook so she just buys garbage and a pack of chicken and hamburger meat to act like theres food its weak, No fruit but bananas im bouta just go with her
    and throw all the garbage out of the carriage before checkout

10. So easy to complain about easily remedied things when you're a kid.

Complaining that Mom buys bad food? Buy your own darn food! If you have money to smoke weed, and I know you do because you're here on Grasscity, then you have money to purchase food.

Or, take some of the responsibility and talk to Mom, and go with her to shop. Help create a meal plan for yourself, and then help carry it out and make it happen.

Parents are not slaves. They have an obligation to take care of their kids. But kids seem to forget that they too can take an active role in their own well being.

11. We do have fresh meat, and vegetables a few times a week,and there always cold meats and cheese etc.
    However there is also an obscene amount of shite.

Tubs of sweets,and jars of nutella, jams.oh and in a few months time half will get thrown out when my mum goes on a mad clear out mission. About a 1/4 is out of date lol

12. Perhaps it's time for you to learn how to cook with real food my friend - promote the healthiness not just for yourself, but for your family too. Do you have a job, are you able to buy any of the food yourself? If not, definitely go with your mum shopping, work on it together. :)

13. I do pay for groceries and I do try to tell my mom to buy real food but it dont work. Seems like people like to go into a forum and try to bash the poster for asking a question or some stupid shit, im talking about americas food and how in other countries they think we eat garbage

14. Thats the worst, half my cabinets are old cans and stuff we never use

Got like 4 tubs of peanut butter noones bouta eat

15. I

Aye exactly. Go out and buy the ingredients for a healthy meal and cook it for your family. Chicken, salmon…whatever you like, look up some recipes and cook away. 

OP, does you mother work full time? If she does, she would probably love to come home to a nice cooked meal a few nights a week.  

16. Do a food garbage swap lol ill send a parcel of junk food

17. 2 eggs and a cup of tea for breakfast? I'd be hungry 30 minutes later

18. That means that you need to adjust up or down for your metabolism and your level of activity. I no longer need to do that. 

19. That's true, if you eat smaller meals regularly you can train your stomach to feel full after something small.

Naturally, I'm more conservative with my food when camping. Smaller meals seem to last longer, nothing goes to waste (lick the bowl clean), food seems to taste better. At home I tend to gorge on meals and waste food, can't figure out why though :bongin: