I have roughly 500 to 750 dollars to spend on grow room

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Juicy100, Mar 18, 2015.

1. #1 Juicy100, Mar 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2015
    I have CFLs and some t8 tubes already, I want to have a section for mothers and clones and another for flowering. I have a good amount of floor space so it doesn't have to be small. Basically after seeds, soil, t8s, I have 500 to maybe 750 left to spend what should I use this money on? 600 to 1000w hps? LED? Vent? Grow tent or should I build a frame out of wood and panda wrap it? Etc... What does everyone think? I want to keep about 3 mothers for clones and then have a seperate flower section. If absolutely necessary I could get some extra money but I want to stay under budget. I also want it to be efficient and what not. :)

2. Htgsupply.com buy a short stack kit and a t5 light then all u need is nutes everything else is included

3. I got a 600 wt

I would build a frame out of (hopefully free) wood, and wrap it in panda film, for the flower area. For the Veg area, optimally similar to the flower room, but on a smaller scale. For clones, a cabinet with a tiny exhaust fan and a few old florescents will do fine.

You definitely need ventilation, and the size of light(s) and ventilation will depend on the size of room you build. A 1000w MH/HPS will cover 4x4'(ish) and a 600w mh/hps will cover 3x3'(ish) (Both of these can cover more area with the right reflector hood). A wall fan is also a great investment for these spaces.

You don't necessarily need to buy all your equipment new. You might be surprised how much used gear is actually available on craigslist. Some hydro stores also sell used gear. As for nutrients, check out what's available in your area. The Advanced Nutrients lineup is awesome.[​IMG]

5. That's about what i spent on my entire grow. 600w HPS/MH ballast/bulb combo run less than $200. Can get a grow tent for about the same as the lights. Depending on size of tent a 6" inline fan and ducting with a carbon filter will do ya.