Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Clusters of trichomes or mold/mildew? PICS, need advice please

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by EnlightenedTrip, Mar 18, 2015.

1. I got a different batch from this guy about a month ago, it looked exactly the same in terms of "cluster areas" except the last batch had a very visible white mass on one nug, so i tossed the bag and decided not to risk it and not buy from him. I just picked up from him again and its a completely different strain, but im having an extremely hard time Trying to tell what this looks like (i've only had this problem with this guys weed). Huge clusters of trichomes or spots of mold/mildew?

These pics aren't the best, but i tried my best to get my iPhone to focus.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1426634653.183750.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1426634670.282763.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1426634684.232542.jpg

^ these 3 are from one nug, i took the top off to see inside because it looked fuzzier then the rest of the nug.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1426634823.633449.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1426634839.666339.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1426634875.965965.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1426634888.900165.jpg

^ These are just other buds that look sketchy, i tried my best. Any advice would be great. Even if its not mold its giving me a shit ton of anxiety just because i cant ID it myself. Thanks guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Eh, that dude is probably just doing a shitty job storing his weed. Probably a likely chance it's mold. But what do I know..

3. ya that's mold dog. to everyone below saying its trichs and that are gonna quote/argue with me, i dont even wanna hear it and dont care..... but to op, id just take out all the nugs and inspect 1 by 1, scrape off any visible white and flip the nugs that have any, any nugs that look straight, id just smoke...

4. Shit I was hoping someone would say I was just being paranoid. That one nug I took 3 pictures of isn't insanely white, the light made it look more white. Its not really fuzzy looking, but pretty white almost like mildew. The stems on these nugs are really white and fuzzy looking, which is possibly the trichomes. But once you break it up with fuzziness/whiteness gets more dense.

By the way, I still have a couple nugs in my closet that's out of that other batch I was talking about, from about a month ago. On one or two of them there is that mildew looking color to them on only a couple spots. As far as I cant tell, there has been no more growth on those other nugs. They look exactly the same as when I put them away. The fuzziness/Whiteness seems to be more apparent when you split the nugs.

5. in your 1st, 2nd, and 3rd photo, the same white patch is easy to spot, on the exact same part of the bud. looks like your buds are in the beginning stages of mold... like i said in my first post tho, id just smoke the buds that don't have mold and flip the rest

6. That's what im doing right now. Looking over all of them again very carefully, barely any of them look suspicious. My last batch about a month ago, I could inspect every single nug out of an oz and almost all looked suspicious. The first 3 pics look just like my last batch. Whats weird though, is it seems to be spreading from the main stem. Seems to be the same color as the stem in a way. Im  just trying to say is the mildew is more prevalent in the very center of the nugs around the main stem for some reason.  

I just hope the rest of the nugs that look good, don't start to form mold later on.

The thing that really confuses me about getting weed from this guy is the last batch I got off him looked completely fine the first day I got it, and even the second day I had it.  And over a span of a week after getting it, it became more and more noticeable. Its like it was already filled with mold spores. I asked how long he would have that strain and he said for a long time, so surely he cant keep selling it if its becoming more and more noticeable over time. It just confuses me, cause he prolly had that strain for a week or two before I came to him. So how is it becoming more noticeable, unless its all in my head and im sketching out. But I've been smoking for 5 years, and I've never been not sure about weed until this guy.

Its definitely not happening on my part.

8. Ya bro, same exact scenario happened to me. Ur dealer might have misted them with a water bottle to add a little weight and raise weight. Or, did you clean ur jar and possibly left a little water in it, then put in ur nugs, which caused the mold? Who knows
    Lol can tell I just wake and baked from my previous post... too lazy to edit

9. Lol it looks like the stems n where they connect, ur weeds fine man smoke up 😤👍💨😌

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

10. Looks frost bitten on the stems. Whoever was growing it didn't keep temps probably. But that shit doesn't look like good weed to begin with