DIY LED with REALSTYLES step by step

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by REALSTYLES, Mar 17, 2015.

1. Hey real nice lights I'm very interested in making my own also how much panel would I need for a3' - 3' tent and what spektrum would be best for flower only any help would be greatly appreciated

2. Also real I don't have the coin to do a big one now with the holidays so if you could tell me the best way I can supplement my existing grow lights I would be very appreciative right now I have two area 51 rw150's if I could make some kind of side bars for then so I could just have one with the 3590s cobs connected so they would do my 3-3 foot by 6 foot tall tent . Or if you think it would be better to use both the 150s with the additional cob lighting in open to your suggestions I just wish I would of found this thread before I dropped the 800 for those area 51 lights

3. yeah man sorry you got to the thread a lil too late to save you, but i think it's nice to have a lil of that "purp" in the room to go along with your main white lighting. what i did was get 4 vero29 and put them at the end of two 36" strips of metal with holes all the way down the strip, crossed those and set it all on top of my Mars1200 (the picture in my signature).

if your trying to go cheap then get some individual heatsinks (or even the ones attached to those small arctic fans) and 4 CXB3590 36V and a hlg-185-c700 and run them at 50W each or even dim them down if you have problems controlling the cob heat. that way you can move them all around as you need and configure it all better for your situation. then you can use those same cobs to make a bigger better panel later down the road

you can see the single vero29s hanging around where i could fit them in this 4x4 with a 10cob panel, 4 cob panel, and platinum600 DSC_0004.JPG

4. Happy Thanksgiving RS

5. Hey I'm just wondering how all the dimming is done. Are there drivers with build in dimmers or do you use potentiometer or something like that

6. Cool thanks. Just one more question: with those higher voltage drivers, I think they are designed for 3-4 cobs, but can you just use 2 cobs on it or will that be too much voltage for just the 2

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. i think that's fine but double check in the thread I'm going to link you to.

Come Visit My Thread!!
    http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1383846-Cali%27s-Corner

8. We need some REAL instructions on how to build one of these Cree Cob panels to grow our tomatoes with ?!? LOL

9. Happy highs folks. I'm interested in moving in the LED direction. I have zero experience with selection and product manufacturer, however if $ wasn't an issue I think I would be looking at Phillips Lighting or Lighting Science for my needs. That said, $ is always an issue so DIY solutions are right up my alley. My question(s) relate to the overall photosynthesis efficiency of "light" (be it LED or HID), and I've come across what might be a professional standard for measuring LED efficiency and would appreciate some cogent discourse on that subject, and opinions of those who have experience growing with LED what their thoughts are regarding; "do watts increase the number of photons". The "standard" I am referring to is one micromole per second. IDK if that is "the standard" but it is a standard of measurement greenhouse lighting experts find useful for maximizing yield of greenhouse plants.
    How is photon output measured? I understand PAR and spectrum quite well and I also understand luminosity. When it comes to LED it seems I should be most interested in photon output, photon output conversion efficiency, Do you know what those numbers are for the CREE setup? Thanks in advance.....[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG].... Bountiful harvests! You have a really nice set up there REALSTYLES. Great job man! [​IMG]

10. Hey realstyles I'm back. Still reading up on your info. Can't wait to build my own leds. Just moved and settling in still.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

11. Hey guys what do you think of adding some hyper red and deep blue OSLON SSL 80's around a cxb3070

12. I myself wouldn't use monos with cobs due to lowering efficiency

• Like Like x 1