DIY LED with REALSTYLES step by step

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by REALSTYLES, Mar 17, 2015.

1. Sorry guys but here's pics of the lights in action. I've been doing other shit but still was taking pictures. I just didn't post them lol. here's some pics

3-29-2015

SAM_0380.JPG SAM_0381.JPG

And this is 4-17-2015

SAM_0420.JPG SAM_0421.JPG

SAM_0422.JPG SAM_0414.JPG

2. This is 4-23-2015

SAM_0442.JPG SAM_0443.JPG

3. #44 Boyd Crowder, May 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2015
    [​IMG]

dood so whats with the white power thing?

gorgeous biches btw

hows your hammer man feelin about that?

4. Don't worry I'm more into helping people make their own and I'm still learning lol.

You sir are not right lol

5. Nice fire hazard
    That shit looks janky

6. Your one fucking cock head. See yah in hell mother fucker!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. [​IMG]

Fuck You Haters , Start Your Own Threads

8. I got one.

Black people are hilarious aren't they?
    You got lawn jockeys too?
    If there was anything to hate I'd let you know.
    Straight jank.

9. Go stand in a bucket of water and turn your light on for us.
    Straight jank.

10. Ill Just Leave this here for you cmgreen,
    [​IMG]

11. Impressive DIY, kudos.  I've got two nonfunctional LED glow panels I'd love to rewire, just don't know where to begin.

12. this is for realstyles ; my point was missed, I was asking whats the deal with the white power dave chappel signature, Im a little confused there.
    anyways ,the white appreciation day thing was a viral news story on thursday, Ill link to it here : http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/09/living/colorado-bbq-restaurant-white-appreciation-day-feat/
    The last thing I intended was racist bullshit trolls.

start with taking them apart and inventorying the parts

13. I guess you could look at it from that point of view - but whatevs - if it offends you , Ill pull it down , Im not inclned in that way.
    Sooo about this build....
    You built something better looking I suppose , wheres your thread on that , Champ?

14. Why are you so sour? What you mad because I trashed a Mars light? I paid for it and if I can remember I live in the USA. Challenge me in a grow off you have already lost

View attachment 1771322
    View attachment 1771321

First pic 4 plants in a 4x4 tent

15. whats your thoughts on 5 1w chips vs a 5 watt chip, or 10 1w, to 1 10w chip,  how about 100w 1chip cob vs 20 5w chip panel.... 

I'll pull up a chair for a min.

16. They are COB led arrays. Each cob can run 150 each but you lose on efficiency and life. Running them soft prolongs the life and reduces heat. Right now I'm using Cree CXA3590's and I'm about to build some of the New CXB's just haven't made the other 4 panels yet. COBs easier to assemble but depending on how you mount them to the heat sink plays a major role. Some people use thermal adhesive and others use COB holders and drill holes like me. The COB holder eliminates the need to solder.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrxQwO9okS8

17. Realstyles,

Nice work! I have built a couple LED panels for my saltwater fish tanks a couple of years ago. Just like your write up here it's pretty easy.You just have to have components that work together. Money spent on good drivers is money well spent! I have a couple left over heatsinks, I have a small lathe and CNC milling machine to fab up what ever I need. I love DIY......I love it because it adds to ones knowledge of the hobby, gives me something to do and give a person a sense of pride(white pride, black pride...it's all pride) when their finished.

I admit I hadn't even thought about making a DIY LED for my grow but now seeing this thread I think I will dig into it!

Keep it up!

• Like Like x 1