wife suddenly not happy with my habits

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by natralbornswimr, Mar 17, 2015.

1. So my wife is 8 months pregnant and is suddenly not happy with the idea of me puffing every now and then.  Its never been a secret, shes never had an issue with it and now all of a sudden, the smell bothers her.  I can understand that, it makes sense, being pregnant and all.  BUT, even if she knows Ive smoked while shes not around, she gets super pissy and she has given me an ultimatum.  either her or the smoke.  I dont know what to do, its unfair and Ive told her that.  Her response is that is unfair for her too.  The thing is, I know the smell doesnt bother her as bad as she says, because ive smoked and not mentioned it, and she never had a problem.  Am I being selfish or is she?  What do i do?  I wouldnt ever choose pot over her, but I dont think there should be an ultimatum.  

2. Hahaha im no love guru but if your wife is 8 months preggo im willing to bet she won't leave you because you smoke weed. Unless she's either a complete fox or filthy rich.

Thats what I like to consider a "controlling bitch". Since she's pregnant im sure its just the mood swings.

3. [​IMG] is it that hard to be a little more discreet

4. Yeah she can be controlling, but I wouldn't call her a bitch. She hasn't ever been controlling enough for it to be an issue. It tends to work for me as I could use a little structure in my life now and then. And yeah, I could most definitely be more discreet, I'm just brutally honest and hate to sneak around. I've tried to tell her while she's pregnant, I won't partake while she's around, but she still doesn't like that idea. I reckon I'll just be like a kid again and sneak around with it. Its kind of funny to think about, but these hormonal fights are torture.

5. Good luck with that.  It's really not fair for her to give you an ultimatum. I think just don't tell her when you smoke.  Choose your battles.
    Maybe after the baby comes she'll slack off.  She's probably pretty miserable about now.

6. I pretty much agree joker. This argument seems to have no resolution that satisfies us both. And if there was a real reason for me to stop completely, then I would. However, my habits have dramatically decreased as I've gotten older so I don't partake like I used to anyway. I just hate to have to sneak around. Were pretty honest with each other and I know one day I'm gonna be high and shes gonna know it and bust my bubble lol. She is miserable right now with the pregnancy and I feel for her I just cant wait til its over so she can smoke with me.

7. Maybe to avoid your wife being pissed about you smoking, you could just stop for a while? Then there's no sneaking around or guilt of lying about having smoked.

8. That's true as well

9. Stop for the last couple months before babe is born then revisit after her hormones are back in order.

10. That's the plan zigzag. I just hate to give in now with fears that she may want me to quit for good after our son is born. I will quit, for now, for the mist part. If I do partake, I won't tell her because she most likely won't know. I thank you guys for the tips. Pregnancy ain't no joke.

11. thats annoying, but just take a break. Maybe she thinks its time for you to stop smoking since you're going to have a new responsibility soon

12. Ask her what you get in return for giving up smoking, when she says what do you want make a ridiculous request. Something that you know she'll never live up to. That way if she catches you smoking you can flip it around on her. Or she'll never agree to it in the first place, either way you win.

13. I own my house and everyone smokes outside. its no big deal. bend a little.

14. Sounds annoying to deal with.

I'm just gonna stay single forever [​IMG]

15. It is annoying. Trust me. And i do smoke outside she claims she can't stand the smell and that it lingers in my beard and clothes but I call bullshit. Oh well. I always thought I was good at arguing until I had my first real argument with her. There's no winning.

16. A few years ago I rented this condo in Vegas. I lived there for about 3 years. It was on the second floor, and the guy downstairs smoked all the time. I could tell because he'd blow it into his vents and it would smell up my place for a bit. His wife got pregnant and about half way through the pregnancy she'd start yelling at him about smoking weed. I could hear them almost every day going off about it. This went on until she had the baby. When the baby came, I never heard any more yelling but I did smell him toking up. Then about 3 months after the baby was born she took the kid and moved out on his ass, never to return.

Take that story for what it is, OP. I can tell you one thing for sure: When that baby comes, that baby will be the #1 thing in her life forever. Not you. She will do whatever she thinks is best for that #1 baby, even if it means leaving #2.

17. Well first time I was pg I hated the smell of chicken.cooked anyway..baked,fried ,grilled ban chicken from the house for 10 months

18. Your wife is pregnant man. Her hormones are going crazy. That's all that it is. On a related note, choosing not to have kids was the best decision that I ever made. 

19. #20 5cooby Doo, Mar 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2015

Maybe it does linger in your clothes and beard? Wear a bandana when you smoke, keep a set of clothes for smoking and don't make everything smell? Have you considered edibles or vaporizing?
    Are you smoking medicinally or recreationally?