The most transparent administration in history exempts itself from FOIA

Discussion in 'Politics' started by JohnnyWeedSeed, Mar 17, 2015.

1. Dude - look at the choices! An unknown hotshot vs. John McCain. Duhhh.  

And then Mitt Romney! Goddam man! How could anyone even vote in that election??? Except, of course, as way of saying FUCK YOU to this whole in your face, "you gotta pass the bill to find out what's in it",  style of arrogant, lie filled, bullshit governance. 

Unfortunately, it turned out that the unknown was a bullshit artist and a pathological liar. So he presented himself on the 60 Minutes interview just before the election as a "moderate". lol  But the hopey-changey healer and fixer of all things broke dude that we thought we were getting turned into a wrecking ball for the demolition of liberty and free speech and a rather large chunk of C4 for both international and race relations.

2. I don't really follow American politics much but the NDAA is pretty scary.

Oh and Obama's vetoing of the Keystone pipeline to the detriment of both my country and the States was pretty dumb. I'm pretty sure we can build a pipeline that has a reasonably low risk of spilling. It's not like the other transport options have less risk.

Hell, we have double hull tankers, why not a double pipeline? It wouldn't double the cost of the pipeline, that's for sure.

I'll tell you one thing, it's not safer to ship by rail, look up the Quebec town that got blown sky high, Lac Megantic (sic?) . Like, is that really the preferable alternative?

3. Weeding out the entitled us a bad thing why?
    Travesty

-yuri

Very much a travesty and expect more of it. A couple paths exist to weed out the ever complaining needing 15 dollars a hour worker..automation and newly minted work visas for illegals in this country. All coming to a hometown near you.

Think about that a person on a work visa you hold a carrot over..obey, comply. Its brilliant actually. They have spun it all up in some sort of civil rights movement of our age plaster some pictures of the poor children etc.

10-12 million probably more with few job skills that you can hire for these jobs.

5. But won't all these extra employees be needed for the fracking industry ?

Still haven't gotten a response to my last post :(

7. #28 BRZBoy, Mar 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2015

Interesting you bring that up. Oil prices are expected continue to go down because of the nature of that industry. The vast majority of it is mom and pop guys with no debt and just interested in turning a buck. All there equipment is paid for so there not slowing down. What is slowing down is off shore drilling, and the large oil corporations.

Meanwhile American Fracking and high volume output of the Saudi's is crushing Russian economics and Venezuela. Venezuela there literally rationing toliet paper to wipe there asses since they placed big social bets on 100 a barrel oil which is long gone. Places like Nigeria most oil company's have left and just abandoned there infrastructure. The Africans are a mess to deal with and no profit to be made.OPEC exists in name only everyone is pumping out as much oil as they can to pay for there social programs etc.

Barry Obama thinks he can slow it down by instituting methane limits. He has less then 2 years left and that Executive Order will go into the trash like all the rest so no stopping it.

Meanwhile I shall enjoy putting in 2.40 a gallon for 92 octane into the 370z. Dec time it was about 1.98.

8. #29 SmokinP, Mar 22, 2015
    I paid 1.39 euro a litre today which is $5.67 a US gallon.

Does fracking bring many jobs ? It strikes me as a bit like one of those horrendous gold digging shows where the place is turned to absolute shit for a bit of gold.

9. #30 BRZBoy, Mar 22, 2015
    Brings tremendous jobs. The midwest where there doing it has virtually zero unemployment with jobs in that line of work approaching 6 figures. So many people are required they have trailer cities because there are not enough houses, apartments being built. Any kind of store most of the goods get sold out within a few days. Hard work 12 hour days but it pays extremely well. Have some friends who do it they work 3 weeks on 1 week off, company pays for the apartments they live at etc.

Sucks to be you to pay that much. I have a 20 gallon tank and to fill that its running 40-45 bucks. The low cost of oil is having and will continue to have a serious impact on US Economics. Were a consumer driven society and it gives us more purchasing power in a big way. Big trickle down effect as time goes on from our cost of farm goods to cost of houses etc. Our energy costs are expected to plummet big time as well as were so flush in natural gas that even renovating old nuclear reactors is more costly then building a natural gas power plant...which are being built all over.

One of the major major factors that lead to our economic dominance of the 20th Century or our rise that is...cheap oil. It will ensure the 21st Century as well or cripple it. Want to cripple USA sell us oil that is over 100 a barrel long term. Most do not realize how big the US is. I live in Texas which is just one state about the size of Western Europe. Close to a 1000 miles wide by 1000 long.