1000 watt 4 x 4 Tent Perpetual SCRoG

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by hemptation420, Mar 17, 2015.

1. #1 hemptation420, Mar 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2015
    Whats going on ladies and gents?

My last journal was a DIY cabinet that i ran for a little over a year, it changed and grew over the time it was in use, all using input from the community over in the DIY section. It developed to the point the box was longer viable so i started the journey of collecting and purchasing items to start my new current project. 

As the title says this is going to be a SCRoG tent grow, but i didnt scrap my box rather just modified it so i could use it as a single chamber Veg room, anyway lets get the fun bits started.

Veg:  2 x 4 box

4 bay T5 HO 4' single unit 
    open box with a 16" oscillating fan for ventilation.

Flower : 4 x 4 Gorilla Grow tent

1000 watt HPS cooled hood
    6"  (465 CFM) inline stealth fan cooling the bulb
    8"  (745 CFM) inline stealth fan ( with speed controller) 
    24 x 8  carbon filter with a 6" core attached to the 8" fan
    14" adjustable speed fan for circulation ( will be getting a second one just waiting for wal mart to have more in stock)
    2 x 8" inch passive air intakes (insides painted flat black to stop light leaks)

Other:

DNF 2 part grow / veg nuts
    Pro mix HD + perlite 
    5 gallon pales for pots
    Vision seeds White Widow

Both room have been threw heat testing. Flower room holds at 78-79 and veg is 78 -84 based on flower room being on or off. 

The plan is to run 4 plants perpetual. They will start in the box and grow to 10" which is my screen distance from top of the pot. At this point i will be topping the plant, when the new shoots grow i will be super cropping and weaving opposite directions (this will make more sense when you see how i utilized my full 4x4 room from vegging in a 2x4 room). Im assuming 5-6 weeks to fill the screens 70% then i will be taking clones and moving the plants to Flower. When clones root obviously they just Veg till the flower room is empty and so on.

In the flower room i will be adding extra screens to the ends of the veg screens to accommodate new growth and to fill out the room. Second week of flower i will be lollipoping the plants, during second last week which i will stop nutes and start my flush. 

Well that all i got for now if anyone is interested in my first project you can find the link in my signature i managed to keep up a 4 - 4 1/2 oz yield with 4 80 watt CFL's in a 2 x 4 box. i will be adding photos shortly.

• Like Like x 1
  2. What I'm working with

Attached Files:

3. *Update*

White Widow seeds are Germinating 3/6 have popped and have about a 1 inch root formed. The journey is about to begin!

4. Nice man you been growing long?

5. Thanks, probably 3 or 4 years indoor, probably closer to 10 outdoor.

6. *Update*

5 / 6 seed took to the germination and were planted, all had a tail about 1.5 inches should be good to go. 

Veg room temps holding steady at 84 F. 

dont really think there is a need for a picture of soil so ill wait till they start sprouting for a photo update. 

7. #7 hemptation420, Mar 20, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2015
    *update*

Well, the germed seeds have all poked threw the soil. And we're off to the races. One little guy is a bit behind but he's still coming along

Attached Files:

8. Subbed, would love to see the progress along the way.

9. *Update*

Been 1 week from planting in soil and we're doing good. Had 2 feeding of nutrients so far.

This first girl is nice and big but she has a little bit of white on the fan leaves. They did just start on nutrients so I'm going to leave it for now let those balance out before I worry to much. Ideas an inputs alway welcome tho.

The rest are a beautiful green and well on there way..

Attached Files:

Glad to have you along for the ride, and welcome..give it another 2 weeks and we should be transplanting to the 5 gals. and hitting the screens.

11. #11 hemptation420, Mar 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2015
    *Update*

Had some good growth they seem to be taking to the nutrients well. All a nice green / perky leaves. The one still has a little white on the fan leaves but it seems to be fading hasn't gotten any worse that's for sure.

The box I had before was bothering me (hard to adjust lights and work on plants) so I scraped it. I was able to drop the light to within 3 inches of the top of the plants and with my oscillating fan keep the temp between 81-84. Just hung it from I beams with carabiner ratchet ropes.

Attached Files:

12. *Update*

Things trucking along as expected. Temps holding well without the box and life is much easier when it's coming to watering and rotating the plants.

Current nutrient use is 2tbs A 2tbs B for every half gal. Of water, and between the 4 of them they are up to about half gal. Once a day. Waiting till the soil is fully dry before re watering of course.

They are all coming up on their 3rd nodes probably going to move them into the 5 gal buckets in the next week if they keep up this growth rate.

Profile picture is just showing how close the light is to the top of the plants. Pairing the light with a Low power oscillating fan keeps the temps in the 80-86 range with the light 3 ..maybe 3.5 inches off the top of the plants

Attached Files:

13. *Update*

Today is the end of week two. Figured I'd give some size Comparison.

Attached Files:

14. *Update*

Things are going well. Noticed some roots popping out of the bottoms of my small containers so I decided to transplant on Saturday. Things went smooth, plants were droopy for a day but this morning they were nice and perky. Since the transplant I've moves the light further away from the plants I want them to stretch to 10" (screen height) then I will top them and place the screens.

Noticed a couple yellow spots on one ladies lower leaves so she gonna get either straight water or a half feeding soon as the transplant water dries out.

Attached Files:

15. Looking good. What kind of dry yield (per harvest) are you anticipating with the new 1000W grow after your last 4-4 1/2 oz perpetual CFL grow?

16. #16 hemptation420, Apr 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2015
    *Update*

Day 31- from Seed in soil
    Sorry I haven't posted anything in the last week or so little busy. But I got some good pictures this time around for you guys and gals.

Ran into a little snafu when I transplanted. I pre soaked the soil in the buckets swapped the plants into their new buckets and lightly watered the old soil. Well I didn't anticipate the lack of a root system not drying the buckets so two of the plants went threw some nasty nitrogen toxicity for a few days and it stunted them a little bit.

To correct the situation I allowed the buckets to dry and only watered with water twice to flush all nutes and salts out of the buckets. Two days later I notice slight tip yellowing on new growth and started nutrients on all the plants again. (Yellowing tip is K deficiency)

Been a couple days had some very good growth all the plants look great. I put the screens in place and 2/4 are bout to touch it. I've been clearing paths of light for lower nodes to grow up to the screens.

The photos without screens were from the day after they restarted nutrients. The photos with the screens are from today.

Attached Files:

17. Well first crop goal 500 - 600 grams. Second crop I want closer to the 1g /w so 800+ I'd be content.

600 grams is 21.5 ounces just for and idea.

18. The plants look super healthy though it seems like they're already wider than the scrogs.  Are you just going to use the screen to support the branches that grow through them?

The plants will never grow taller then the screens Width dose not matter. The majority of under growth will be trimmed during the second week of flower. 

As soon as the top shoot hits the Screen i will "Top" the plants Creating two paths of new growth. I will then Start to weave these growth in the opposite directions. Under shoots that grow up will be given space also. Once the  screens are about 50% full i will be taking clones from the better two looking plants (probably the outside two) and move these to the flower room witch also has more space for the plants to be weaved..

Here's a ms paint version of what im talking about. on the top your looking down at the screen...You weave above the mesh then under the mesh. On the bottom its a side view and you can see what it would look like.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  20. Cool man, that makes sense.  I'm subbed up, I'd like to learn more about training and it seems like you have a grasp on the subject.  I just put a scrog screen over my 4 plants and little by little the branches are filling it out, hopefully.

Nice graphic, btw.