Flowering traits of plants

Discussion in 'Cannabis Breeding' started by josephjt93, Mar 17, 2015.

1. After getting into breeding I'm quite obsessed with huge flowers on my cannabis. They're a must as a breeder for me. I'm into unique flowers as well, reading up on old Thai genetics that do cool stuff. Anywho, I'd like a more casual talk and possibly some pics of flowers that are unique to your plant. I've seen normal floral formations where they form around the cute little seeds, but that's the standard. I've bred plants that form flowers like onions, layers of peel-able flowers crusted with trichomes, like an onion. These look like crab claws inside crab claws instead of the normal tear drop shapes and typical seed shapes (these also get like 5 sets of 2 pistils right in the middle it's a mess). I've become increasingly curious about out of the ordinary flowers, and I'm sure there's others out there that have their share of quirky cannabis flowers.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

Wow, got pics ?

3. I just received some beautiful cannabis called XJ (supposed sativa) doing the same type of traits as my more beloved plant and I found two seeds on it! I can try to do pics but I'm afraid of being tracked because I would be posting from iphone. I'll look into posting for sure though, I feel dumb talking with no pics. I do notice that these more overlapping flowers (stretched and cupped) are particularly different than the normal bunches of little flowers (smaller and more formed) close to each other. What's most peculiar is I'm rejuvenating my big flower plant doing these weird "onion" flowers I pulled them back as much as possible and found 4 "hoods" in a square like form, each hood circled around a common center, where the pistils shot from. 4 pairs with a mess of 8 pistils right in the middle, surrounded by 4 huge hoods, which cupped 4 more normalish looking calyxes. Now I've had bunches of seeds forming inside these "onion" layers. Fully exposed seeds forming on this one plant, barely covered by the torn back "hoods", I've found there's probably an advantage for seed bearing on this one, potential for gigantic seeds is what I'm hoping for. I really wanna breed together all these huge flower traits and get a beautiful one. But thanks for posting, I'll definitely try to get quality pics on a camera and upload. But anyway if anyone has any of these genetics I'm hoping to hear about it too! Just trying to breed the next superbud here.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum