The most ghetto grow you have ever seen

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by Mid man, Mar 17, 2015.

1. I took a panera bread cup, pocked a few holes in it and stuck it in a cup I got from applebees forever ago. The seed is from some $25/quarter mid, I had around 50 of them saved up. I germinated a few of them and planted one into the penera cup filled with dirt scooped from the outside of my porch.

Soon realizing the plant would do poorly in the borderline mud I let it grow in, I scraped out the dirt from a old cactus I used to have growing. 

Through all that he/she has managed to survive:

[​IMG]

2. Thats really ghetto bro

3. Update!

[​IMG]

4. You reap what you sow.

5. what is it growing in? a ceral box or something? [​IMG]

6. #6 Mid man, Mar 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
    lol im growing it on my desk using a 26w lightbulb, it's not gonna be enough for the flowing stage but meh. I'm just fucking around with bagseed, I would rather fuckup a bagseed grow with $0 invested and make all my mistakes now, instead of spending ~$200 on grow shit and seeds and messing up then.

I have nothing to lose. Take that back, cultivation is a felony in my state :(

7. heres the thing though, everybody always make mistakes even professionals make mistakes. if your actually keen to grow a bit of bud just get some stuff for this grow every time u got paid or something. might as well do it properly if your actually gona do it.

and if you do make any crucial mistakes well you can always just start new seeds because its not like your equipment only lasts for one grow

and instead of planing to fuck up and invest nothing you may aswell plan to fuck shit up and grow good plants from bag seed of course and invest a bit of money on some equipment, and like you say you may aswell just grow bagseed for your first grow but atleast get some semi decent wattage atleast 80wats. that's a good starting amount for a little grow.

You'll just need a fan for ventilation and a few other bits and pieces and you can rig a good little setup for cheap, and if you want to properly do it in the future  you might aswell start here even if you have no experience. aim high bro and then even if you do fuck up youv probably learned atleast one thing you shouldn't do to your next plants.

8. #8 JustLearningLol, Mar 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
    ^What he said.
    Just don't get too sucked into it like me I probably have a little under a grand invested at this point. haha.
    I recommend getting a 300W LED from MarsHydro on eBay. They're only 80 bucks! 

There's not much to growing.

1. Don't water until your soil is dry, test this either by picking up your container or the top-soil test.
    2. Don't over feed. It's better to under feed than over feed.
    3. Don't tell anyone except the people you live with.
    4. ????
    5. Profit

but if anything pleeassseee get better soil. I used bad soil on my first grow and you could taste it.
    Bag seeds are just as good as any other seeds depending on how much care you give them treat your plant with some respect. ;)

9. #9 Mid man, Mar 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2015
    Do LED lights create heat? 

For my next more serious grow, I was going to use CFL lights just to avoid the heat, I don't want the plant to get big anyway

And DW I used to have the seed in pretty much mud lol, you can tell the first 2 true leaves it grew look sickly

10. #10 catfish cruising, Mar 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2015
    I have read that leds produce less heat than cfls. get a 300w LED that would be the go. youl be growing a nice wee amount of bomb as buds if you do it right.

where abouts is ur plant growing. got any details or pictures?

do you have any ventilation?

and yeah atleast try get some decent soil, organic soil is good and don't get anything with slow release stuff, unless its organic

those mars hydro lights are good are they? I have seen them on ebay and I have been thinking about getting one for my next grow.

11. Hey catfish cruising what's up bro!!! It's ''fruitveggiegardener'' i deleted my account because some people or bandwagon riders kept trolling me hard hating but im sorry to the cool growers like you and some others that showed love im back! Im almost done with my grow box i even got a tent and those people kept putting me down haters

12. My own on rail tracks LOL, had them down about half way in a snapped tree trunk

13. good to hear man!!! Whats the details on the grow?
    gee I haven't made a post in a while now, just been lurkin

14. #14 catfish cruising, Aug 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2015
    and bro those people going out of their way to put you down instead of help you.... douche bags man. plain and simple!!! aint nobody got time for that!!!
    what are you planning on growing? bagseed or branded genetics? interested to hear!r first
    Looking back at your first posts on this thread I lol. it ok though. I started off the same if not worse. what happened to that plant in the end any way? guessing it got the chop prematurely?

15. that grow i was incomplete it was bagseed i threw it outside without hardening off. then i got a hold of 5 strawberry cough seeds, but none germinated .I think cause it was winter at that time .I still hope to grow again it's just if I grow some weed plants .Im not going to smoke them .Im just going to keep it dryed and jarred up for a long ass time .When I smoke again oneday trying to get a job at the plant .An save up for my own place in town ,but Im still going to grow in my closet .I got two grow boxes and a tent . I can't afford to upgrade the grow box yet til I start working again .I need 4 fans for two grow boxes a light strip/timer, and refelctor with cfls .I been weed free for 2 months friday .Im staying clean to get this job at the plant .Oh and I plan on buying some genetics in the future pff herbies .

16. no more updates?

17. Got about 14 leaves then I threw it out because I had to leave for a week + only had like a 26W bulb

18. #18 catfish cruising, Aug 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2015
    if it is winter and you are sprouting seeds keep them under a light, running 24/7 so they keep warm and place a sandwich bag over the pot to keep humidity up and prevent drying out the soil and your sprout

19. a heat mat under didn't do no good it was under some T12 lights too .The seed sprouted but stayed inside the seed for over a month cause cold temps had to be.

20. oh dang that sucks and that plants was looking good! I hope to see more grows, go to youtube type in this exact title ''Cfl mmj grow 100 watts'' this guy had the same thing you had except he just had multiple plants .Don't think like a single 26 watt can't do anything .This guy will motivate you when you see his setup