Mainlining sativa?

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by Po boy, Mar 17, 2015.

1. i was thinking of going down a littlle but idk i still want to veg for 2-3 moths

2. Well if you put the plants out now you won't have a choice.
    They will be vegging until sept.

3. This is what come off my ML plant today. All clean and pretty.

Attached Files:

[​IMG]

5. Very nice harvest vtx, still wet I assume? One plant?

6. yeah i know. i was talking about my indoor veg room if i wanna downsize and ML or keep the 20g pots going.
    nice harvest though. i can smell it from here.

7. You assume wrong my friend. Dried for 3 days and is just right for curing.
    I pulled her early trichomes are cloudy but I was looking at the wrong week on the calendar and she should of gone another week or two.
    Still got 5.4 oz of dry buds. I even took off most of the sugar leaves also.
    She should smoke (vape) like a sativa.
    Yes this is off one Sour Cream plane that only flowered for 55 days.
    Thanks you all,
    V

8. Delicious....

Keep up with my posts in the michigan growers united thread. Might help make up your mind, especially once it's done and harvested. If someone was doing an indoor/outdoor grow, I can only imagine the monster sizes those colas would get to. If you vegged a main-lined plant for a longer time I would imagine you could go up to 16 colas and it would be able to support it easily without falling over. I vegged mine for 7 weeks in 5 gallon pots main-lining to 16 colas before switching to 12/12 and the colas stems didn't get sturdy enough to support the buds. Once they started densing up they started to fall over. 3 months of veg would be pure madness!

10. yeah  im  on day 55 right now and i had to steakup 3 colas on this one branch. i came down stairs and was like oh shit it broke of but it just fell over. 

also if i have to this summer i will put  6ft tall 50mm bamboo steaks in and tie my colas to them. if i have to. i want to get a clone outside and let it veg all summer then bring it indoor and veg two more months  then flower it under its own 1000w that would be a sweet project.

Yeah, I keep having to prop up more and more of my colas too. Always a good sign though :p. One huge advantage to main-lining is the amount of clones it generates. Each plant I main-lined could have produced 25+ clones each. 15 of those being tops, which are the best part to clone since they contain all the growth hormones. Pretty much all the clones in my tent are tops. The other 40ish clones I had in my humidity dome I threw away since I didn't have the space for them, and most of them were secondary node branches anyways.

I seriously could have gotten around 100+ viable clones if I had the space for them.

12. That's another thing I love about ML is all the free clones.

13. well damn thats a plus. for sure, i only have one room right now. i have all the equipment for veg and flower besides a ballast my other one took a shit so i sold it to a buddy who said he could fix it. my havest is soon so ill be going back into veg asap either by clones or these 3 beans i got one is for outdoor. but i can clone off them to fill my room up, 4 10g girls. hopefully i can get like 10 in the ground outside this summer.

14. Here's a blue dream I'm growing.  I had started off LST'ing, but decided to give mainlining a try.  Here's 5 days after switching from LST
    FullSizeRender.jpg.jpeg IMG_7802.JPG IMG_7803.JPG

15. She's looking great! I think the biggest problem people run into when main-lining is accidentally damaging the plant stem where the first two nodes split. You did it perfect though. Great job! She will turn into a beast.

16. Thanks!  I kinda ran into a problem with it wanting to lay over in the direction I LST'd, but fixed it w/ the hanger on the stem.  I'll be flowering with ~160w (true) cfl's... Should I leave it at 4 colas or top once more for 8?

17. I grow under HIDs. I'm not sure how much light penetration you get from your CFLs. You can get a bigger yield from topping to 8, but it really all depends on what you feel comfortable with with your setup. I personally think if you have the space to top and train one more the then its probably worth it.

18. Great start. On the MLing. I would go for the 8 Maine stems. You can see ow much I got in my other post.

19. i see a 300w cfl at homedepot for 24.99$ there were like 10 of them i was tempted to buy them use them for veg instead of my MH.
    your ML loooks great i hope my first attempt looks that good

20. I have recently switched from CFLs to LEDs . I bought a 400w unit that I'm very happy with. A lot less heat.

• Like Like x 1