Decriminalization Affect on Medical Marijuana program

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by jang707, Mar 16, 2015.

1. I am a caregiver in Michigan right now and I am beginning to hear some buzz about the state going to full on decriminalization of cannabis. I was wondering if somebody that has already went through this transformation could let me know what changes to expect from a caregivers point of view (prices, supply and demand, quality, etc) I think Michigan is planning on modeling itself after colorado in these regards but I may be wrong. Any input to prepare me for this upcoming change would be great.

2. Nothing changes.
    Instead of going to jail for weed people get tickets.

3. Well thats an easy one, i figured that much but that has to affect supply and demand somehow. And the states that decriminalized it, do they still have their MMJ programs in place?

4. #4 Sgtstadanko707, Mar 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2015
    Lol. You seemed confused my friend.
    Decrim and legal are two different things

5. I know that.... but the threat of a ticket vs the threat of going to jail is a big difference. I feel like more people are going to be growing, consuming etc without such harsh penalties hanging over their heads

6. It is still illegal to cultivate.
    Nothing will change.

7. You are a caregiver to mmj patients, I feel there is a good chance you will be 'grandfathered in'.  In other words you should be able to abide by the same laws you originally agreed to.  I feel there wont be much, if any, change in the way you do things.

Sent from a Canadian who does his own thing.