Can people recreate the mindset of being high without cannabis?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Messiah Decoy, Mar 16, 2015.

1. Yeah Like everyone else said.. Meditation it will change your life. (I like to mix things up and mediate after smoking/vaping) Cannabis is the great natural amplifier.(Just make sure you are in the right state of mind, You dont wanna amplify some paranoia :p)

This link pretty much explains what happened to me when i was meditating everyday at one point in my life and TBH i was more joyfull, compassionate and peaceful than ever before. http://worldofpeace.com/osho-on-what-meditation-doesmastery/

Then there's DMT but that's another story.

2. #22 shaddytheman, May 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2015
    Of course, meditation induces alpha waves, the same of Cannabis, but except that meditation doesn't affect certain brain areas that Cannabis does and vice versa. Here's my link for proof (http://www.meditationiseasy.com/instant_meditation/brain_waves_frequencies.php)

You can also achieve objectivity with meditation, people always repeated the dogma "it's nearly impossible" but it is since it shuts down activity of the frontal lobe (https://blog.bufferapp.com/how-meditation-affects-your-brain).

3. On the other hand, as opposed to passive meditation forms, practicing (Dirt bike)alone in the desert required massive focus & endurance  that  would produce a "Runners High" that was easily equal to the initial effects of the best Sativa. Focus is so concentrated that I didn't really notice how good it felt until I stopped & got off the Motorcycle to rest. So I'm almost positive of at least one person in this thread (if not more)that must know the same type of feeling.
    Also used to notice it right after a good pickup game of Basketball at the gym.
    I'm convinced this form of Zen can be achieved in more than just one way & find It generally helps me to maintain an alert response to things as opposed to a reaction. It's a frame of mind that I find tough to maintain these days.
    Personally, a good sativa is almost like a shortcut to this state of mind ,minus all the aerobic benefits & effects. To me runners high can sometimes be much better at times, but I'm not always up to getting all sweaty to get there. 

"Continuous exercise can produce short-term euphoria, an affective state associated with feelings of profound contentment, elation, and well-being, which is colloquially known as a "runner's high" in distance running or a "rower's high" in crew. Current medical reviews indicate that several endogenous euphoriants are responsible for producing exercise-related euphoria, specifically phenethylamine (a stimulant), β-endorphin (an opioid), and anandamide (a cannabinoid)."

4. Yes, it's called being high on life.

When i didnt feel like smoking i started to imagine being high, letting my mind be free and unoccupied, it's transcendant. Smoking weed is a form of meditation and there are 1000s of forms

5. #25 willywagpole, Jun 9, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2015
    This reminded me... When i ate ONLY (Organic) fruits for 1-2weeks i felt naturally sativa like clear-high, Sharp as ever but in a state of joy/bliss.