Can people recreate the mindset of being high without cannabis?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Messiah Decoy, Mar 16, 2015.

1. I saw a documentary where a ex-ivy league westerner became a Tibetan monk and could manipulate the part of the brain that controls joy through meditation.

They used a CAT scan to prove it.

This guy could experience the greatest feeling of joy by just sitting and meditating.

Anyone think such a thing is possible with the sensation of being high?

2. #2 Thejourney318, Mar 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2015
    Yes...I used to experience it all the time...meditation can do it...or whatever elevates your consciousness...

3. Dido meditation is the real deal man.

4. No, but I gave myself an orgasm without touching myself. I called it a mindgasm and damn that shit was strong.

5. I wouldn't doubt it. Drugs are simply triggers, and the brain is what does the real work. With enough conditioning and practice, in theory, the brain should be able to create the same effect without needing the original trigger (in this case, marijuana).

Of course, this is only my opinion, and I don't have much science to back it up. But it's something I've been thinking about for a while. Makes sense to me, at least...?

6. Yeah, you bet you can. And it's not as difficult as you might think. I meditate regularly, and depending on your method you can achieve a lot of different states of mind. It's WAY more mind expanding than any drug you might take.

7. Yes. I've actually learned to do this daily.

Weed is kind of like a crutch in this regard. It releases tension and allows you to be more relaxed. But fact is you can chose that mind set

-yuri
    I've not yet been able to do this. Maybe I'm too impatient.

-yuri

8. I can kind of do it. Not the full effect but bits and pieces.

9. You're thinking too much about it bro. Just smoke the weed and feel the high. Listen to music and enjoy your time.

10. Mindset? yeah. The high? No

11. #11 Transcend, Mar 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2015
    Your body naturally produces endogenous (from inside the body) cannibinoids that can produce 'similar' effects of smoking weed. Everyone produces cannibinoids in their body. But it can't create the same sensation that THC gives you, for THC is an exogenous substance (from outside the body). THC is made within only the plant itself. The orgasm sensation is also produced by endogenously made peptides called endorphin and also oxytocin. Yum.

12. Saw a story on how this woman teaches people to do this....It's getting into that mind space...etc...These people were feeling really good....like one long orgasm without the final BAM...although I'm sure when that energy was spent it eventually came...

People were rolling around on the floor...screaming..ha...There'd still be something missing though w/o the penetration, I think...but maybe at that point feeling good is just feeling good..

On the OP thought...You can get your brain to create any feeling/scenario you want if you train it to do so..imo, of course

13. This sounds interesting! Do you remember the name of it?

Unfortunately I cannot.

I wish I could though.

15. All drugs do is cause a release of naturally occurring chemicals in your brain or make it harder for your brain to reabsorb those chemicals in the regular way, causing them to concentrate between synapses. Serotonin, dopamine, endorphins, etc.

Chakra meditation can cause a tingling, flying, or buzzing sensation to be felt all over your body. Pretty amazing when you feel it.

16. #16 -13 Amp-, Apr 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2015
    thats only true for some drugs (like cocaine and meth) for drugs like H or weed, they have a similar structure to brain neurotransmitters so they trick the brain, thinking they are natural, into sending abnormal messages, thats what creates the high...

17. Well first you have to know if your willing to or not..and from there you try to create an experience...maybe you understand the chemicals in your brain and body..in which you can instill a reaction to make something of a THC high in your body..Kind of like Mind over Matter..or a direct guiding of the bodies substances..

18. my money is on the weed

19. always

20. You know how it feels to be high right? Visually I should add. Well ever feel like youre high and you know for a fact you aren't? Bam just solved it.