Diagnonsis required: Autoflower Brown dots/patches

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Cyklos, Mar 16, 2015.

1. Hello everyone,

This is my 4th grow did CFL only before now doing Mars II + CFL

My setup:

1x 400W Mars II light
    2x 125W large CFL 6300K
    3x 105W large CFL 2700K
    2x small fans
    Tent stays open for circulation
    AC will be on in the summer to regulate temp.

My plants:

2x AutoXtreme from Dutch Passion about 19 days old

Autoflower Seeds

Problem:

I have pictures of the leaves could someone tell me if this is nut burn? I flused with 10L each plant just in case.

Would appreciate some times & help

Thanks,

Attached Files:

2. #3 smokeymcdoodles, Mar 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2015
    yes it is my good man. They aren't ready for strong nutes yet.  Tease them with some karma or try some rhyzo enhancer. Make the roots ready if ur gonna nuke em. If you don't, some crisping, curling, yellowing on the tips, DARK GREEN appearance will ensue.

o and hey you are overwatering.  A plant that size should get maybe 1 cup every three days.  Oh and don't feed but every week.  I can tell from the loads of water at the bottom that's rust brown.  HANG TIGHT until they are ready.  

Okay and hey another thing is you are so close man.  Im not in the mood to sugar coat anything these days so im gonna help u.

Those big bulbs get HOT. I dont use them because the BIG CFLs are more heat than light. ONLY USE 32 watt bulbs.  They are the balance of heat and light.  So if you have to STACK 32 watt bulbs to come up with your desired light wattage then thats better than using 3 big CFLs. 

Another thing is u trapping the heat in that corner.  The stupid mars is back there and the fans are just basically making heat whirlwinds in there. YOU HAVE TO REMOVE THE HEAT.  So your setup will work for small wattages. Quick fix is turn both those fans pointing straight up and cut the TOP off the tent.  

something a little more sane takes work. Like ducting the mars.  Those babies get HOT. Some LEDs get hotter than HID which in my opinion would be enough to put this LED fad to bed but hey no one listens to me.

Also i like the hanging CFL. I dont know why but i like hanging CFLs everywhere.  Its not the smartest route but it looks cool in my crazy mind.  Additionally, you have to make something like this
    20150316_0135571.jpg ------>inside the protein bottle there is a microwave fan.  Right next that is a "hightorque" cpu fan, than in the backround u can see a little computer fan as my active intake.  YOU WANT VELOCITY more than pressure. The latter statement isn't important.  In my mind one big slower fan would kick the crap out of smaller fans with higher RPMS but it doesnt.  

So the idea here is to force the hot air out. I am doing this very crudely but i can seal my tent and the temps dont move at all...thats what we are going for.  LOTS of light i mean heat and moving that heat out without the plant even know its happening.  

To further explain, the heat is mixing with the air your plants are breathing.  They cant breathe with the heat.  With too much heat the plant cant even open its pores to transpire.  So, you have some work to do to make this...work....

3. #4 Cyklos, Mar 20, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2015

You are the only one who answered, I appreciate that I really do thanks!!!....
    I am disappointed at this forum lately no one answers anymore [​IMG][​IMG] .
    this forum is starting to be less helpful as it used to be back then.

1.) Nutes - I used 1ml as instructed, but I think I read up why I am having those issues. With biobizz you are not supposed to use a pH + product. Only natural remedies such as lime or vinegar.... did not know that.

2.) Overwatering - I did a flush which you might think is overwatering but i tried to flush excess nuts out of the soil. I never overwater! [​IMG]

3.) I agree with what you said about the large CFL they get very very hot! :/ I already purchased 5 already too late now...

4.) The microwave box you crafted is epic i wish I was as handy as you [​IMG] But hanging CFL's  are not the best idea i heart vertical cfl is the best....

5.) Exhaust fan - I ordered a bathroom exhaust fan which should help take out the hot air. If it won't be enough i will take the top of as you advices.

I updated some new pics:

4. #5 smokeymcdoodles, Mar 20, 2015
    i know but i am the only one right now

u have to lose the big CFLs.  for example if you gave me all 5 of yours i wouldnt use them

keep reading if you can....it takes ALOT of reading to get this pinned down

The GC is awesome man they are doing what they can to help peeps i know that

5. Pics

Attached Files:

6. #7 smokeymcdoodles, Mar 20, 2015
    you must recycle the water....? gj if u do

new growth exploded man good to see ya

they look REALLY happy now gj

I left the water on purpose to keep the humidity up.... I'm only at 33 % without water with water i get 43% which is good for veg.

You really think it exploded? So I am doing better?

Happy to hear that :) :)

8. Once they get a little bigger YOU CANT LET ANY WATER STAY AT THE BOTTOM..but for now u can recycle the water