Qualities of a rig to look for?

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by duckbob22, Mar 16, 2015.

1. I've been reading places that rigs that are smaller/have less percs and diffusion are better? I just thought that was confusing because these pieces are usually cheaper?

What else should I look for in a rig? Sorry guys, new to the dab game :p

Please let me know thanks!

2. just try and find something small, like less than 10 inches tall. I prefer 14mm male joints

3. #3 steadyglobbin, Mar 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2015
    Not a ton of peculation either

4. A small air volume inside is what really matters. Get one with a male joint so you don't have to deal with adapters. It has to be less than 12 inches, I like the 5-7" range.

The amount of percolation isn't a big deal to me. I use whatever i feel like using. Some days more percolation some less. You do get better flavor with less percolation, so all my finest errls get the minitube, but my daily driver is still a circ to circ. It depends on the individual pieces' design on whether or not it has good flavor even with percs on percs. Some highly diffused pieces still have decent flavor. Narrow necks help, along with no areas where the vapor can sit and get stale. You want good air flow, along with the bubbles popping as close to your mouth as you can get them without taking a drink. Seeing a water test or trying the piece yourself will help.

5. i feel like it also depends on how big of a dab you're doing. like for instance if I'm gonna drop a fatty .2 or something I'll probably slap the enail on the 14 slit inline I have to make it a bit smoother.

6. My piece of advice is to stay away from honeycomb and fritted disk percs for an oil rig because they clog very easily, and diffuse the smoke soo much that it reduces flavor. Also I like my dabs to hurt a bit, and Ive taken a big one out of a honeycomb bong and it didnt burn or cause me any pain...LAAAME haha

7. Are you secretly Joelie Olie from customgrow420??

lol [​IMG]

8. Dude that guy makes my brain hurt lol

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

9. WADDUPPP YOUTUUBE YOUTUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUBE WADDUPP!

I like em hot n hurty [​IMG]

10. Lmfao! How he got 100,000 subscribers is beyond me.

Not only annoying but full of inaccurate information

11. Seriously man I think y'all take this shit way too seriously. 

I just take dabs out of my 16" beaker bong that has a tree perc. My friend has a Pyrology Cricket and I still think I get better flavor out of my piece. I don't think size matters all that much. 

12. I can guarantee you that you'll get better flavor off off my 6" spray can banger than you will your 16" bong

13. But man, nothing like taking a .2 out of a small 5-6" rig with minimal diffusion. Shit smacks me into next week lol

14. Do you get quality oil? I see a lot of people with shitty oil say big bongs work better and I believe that's because the bigger bong helps hide the shitty flavor.

15. #15 BuddhistBrian, Mar 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2015

I hate how hash has become some huge ego show. I get a great quality product, yet I live in Florida. This oil has been supposedly purged for 278 hours, it's called Optimus Prime lol. According to my friend who knows a lot about hash, it's very "terpy". Let me know if you think this is shitty oil lol. I can pick it up and bend it into a million different shapes. 

Even with this great oil I still think it tastes better off my 16" bong than my friend's pyrology cricket. 

Attached Files:

16. I never said you did get bad oil, just something I see often. Your oil looks great and im sure its terpy as hell. But unless your buddy is the most excessive purger in the world he didn't purge for 278 hrs. Most people who are making really high quality oil are in that 70-90 hr range just because any longer and you are starting to really destroy terps.

17. its usually people that are either dabbing low quality errl or dabbing off a red hot nail that say big bongs are better but everyones got their preference. I just dont see the point of using such a big piece for any regular sized dabs, needs a lot more lung power. I only bust out the bong for fatties :p

18. Shit he's about to hit 200k!
    That son of a bitch.

haha yeah man I'm Joelie Olie.  I love the taste of bic lighter fluid. Whats a carb cap?  Wana smoke a blunt in 1 hit? Wana pay top price for fresh frozen terp soup then DAB IT OFF A 1000f ORANGE NAIL??  lol watching him is hilarious but some of the shit he does is just improper.