PC MMOs?

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by MaryGuanna, Mar 15, 2015.

1. same here, I just built it up enough to get my berserker champion set, did endgame for a bit then stopped

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. #42 Viral Frog, Apr 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2015
    I've been an on and off player of EVE Online for about four years now. There's so much to do, you're guaranteed to find something you like. PvP (tons of roles to play. Also comes in many forms: Solo, fleet, pirating and suicide banking.), PvE, Exploration, Mining, etc.

I personally prefer the PvE missions, but I haven't actually done the PvP yet. The game is pretty hardcore. If you lose a fight and your ship gets blown up, your ship and everything fit to it, or in your cargo, is lost.

The economy is the best player driven economy I've ever seen in a game other than Star Wars Galaxies.

3. Eve online is a good game. But its a game that requires ALOT of paitents and alot of Time. Its more built for advanced MMO players in my opinion. Ill admit its a good game but a game isnt for me letting alone learning stuff can take days to finaly be able to learn it. (something like that) its been too long. oh and Jumping while traveling...I remember runing to the grocery store picking up a frozen pizza, got back and i still didnt reach my destination yet lol.

4. #44 Viral Frog, Apr 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2015
    Some skills take upwards of 10 days to train (Edit: just found one that takes 20 days :O). But it's nice because if you get too busy, your character is still progressing!

As far as that goes, that's because auto pilot is trash. It's nifty if you need to step away for a moment, but if you're actively playing it'll save you a load of time just aligning to/jumping through gates.

It's definitely not for everyone. It took me a long time to get into it. It seemed so geared towards hardcore players that I almost lost interest. The thing that kept me going was that I didn't have to feel guilty for paying to play when I didn't have time to play.

5. ive never played EVE because sci-fy/space travel stuff doesnt intrest me one bit, they need to make a fantasy mmo that as hardcore as you guys are making EVE sound. 

6. #46 Big Juice, Apr 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2015
    They can't though. How are you gonna make a warlock cutting a wizard with a sword as complicated as you and an entire PvP fleet jumping through wormholes in muhfucking lowsec space

Eve is the best mmo I've seen, but like people have said, the shit it overwhelming if your just trying to casually play alone, I played a few 21 day trials and even bought the game on sale on steam, but didn't renew the sub after the first month just cause the games too much to try and tackle solo, that and my laptops probably way too shitty for PvP

7. Elder scrolls online and LOTRO both have open world pvp, the first of which involves raiding castles, keeps, and using siege engines. ESO usually has one or two people that step forward and generals and use legitimate strats like divide and conquer or attacking with tanks first to draw out the stealthy players and see how big the other army actually is. The mechanics are there if you look at both games subjectively. I'm not a pvp guy regardless, I just think EVE sounds like it weeds out casual players better then most other MMOs do because they try to pander to largest audience possible instead of making a hardcore game.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. My brother is playing the shit out of a game named TERA and LOL. He says TERA is much better than LOL though. When I watch him play it, it sort of reminds me of WOW, except the characters in TERA are that much more awesome, and their outfits omg, I would wear that in real life. 

I wish we all would be a little more imaginative when it came to the clothes we wore. So yeah, TERA. 

9. ive played tera, decent mechanics but it has a dying community and a large lack of difficultly. not to mention the elins, which are a race of little girls dressed up wayy to sexually for anything other then pedo-esk fan service. 

heres a pic of some elins to prove my point 
    [​IMG]

Have you never watched anime? :p I'm so used to it, so maybe thats why I didnt think about it. I think she is super kawaii! 

11. i do watch anime infact, never animes with that shit tho. I dont wanna play a game that has 7 races but for some reason theres 5 elin to every 1 other race. its off putting that a game panders to people that think a 12 year old with bunny ears in a thong is ok because anime does it. its even worse one of the most interesting classes in game is only playable if your ok with being a small girl. 

12. WoW is always a classic. I played warhammer when it was still alive, played a fair bit of lotro, and more recently tried elder scrolls online. Wow always has me coming back

13. Black Desert is the only MMORPG im waiting for. but out of current ones id say Tera is probably the best one just for the combat.

14. Final fantasy xiv a real reborn looks fun but I have not played it yet.

If you haven't tried out WoW yet, I would advise you to.

Check my thread out if you have any questions.

16. I have limited experience with MMOs expect for playing RS on n off from 2006-2008, and the two weeks my bro forced me to play wow (in 2007ish i think). Anways are they worth getting into and are there any good free ones?

17. Rift is a good f2p wow clone. I been playing it a lot lately, I can never commit to mmos though I always end up bailing between lvls 20 and 30

18. FF14 is great. Tera is the best free to play with some of the best combat in any MMO imo.

19. #59 Vicious, Jun 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2015

Nigga, I will fight you. Cute not Pedo. Moe is love. My Elin would wreck your shit.

[​IMG]

20. I agree which is kinda sad because I got bored of terra after like 2 weeks

Maybe I'm just outgrowing the grind for gear type games

-yuri