Annoying 7-11 cashiers when buying cigarillos?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Cheeto Jones, Mar 14, 2015.

1. maybe its just deja vu man...

:smoking:

2. #42 Spezza19, Mar 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2015
    i just tell the 7-11 cashier that a towel is not a hat. usually pisses em off

3. Go to a smoke shop.

Sent from a guy using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  4. That is true. My friend does look younger, but I look older. It was just super annoying to have to drive to the other gas station across town bc the lady wouldn't look at my id when I told her I was 18, and had my license. And so was he, he just didn't have his id with him.

5. If you come in together they're required to ID both of you, and when you deny a sale and someone comes in 2 mins later asking for the same thing with similar denominations they have to deny it. It's a pain in the ass but they have to cover their own asses. They can't put their income on the line so some dude can smoke.

6. Yeah I feel you man. He went in first bc I didn't want to get outta the car. This is the same store that has been selling me tobacco products since I was 14, just a new clerk. I just make sure whoever goes in has their ID now, so that shit doesn't happen again. Crazy part is she looks like a stereotypical stoner. Myself, i wouldn't give a shit if the customer didn't look 12, but I've never seen a sting or anything like that go down, and she might have been a part of one.

7. This happened to me over Spring Break! Walked in and pulled out my phone to look at the texts that showed which cigarillos my friend wanted. Asked for White Owl mango and white grape, and I expected to just have been able to pay for it and leave.

This 25 year old cashier, with gauges and tattoos, looked like a bro so I wasn't uncomfortable. Then he started asking me stuff like, "Why should I sell these to you?", "Are you buying these for minors? ", "I'm pretty sure you're not smoking tobacco." I gave this guy a death stare because he was starting to majorly piss me off. I was in there for like 8 minutes when it could have taken less than 1.

I don't understand why people do this. What is their motivation? Are they trying to make my day miserable because their jobs are?

Some people, man. Anyways that sucks that you were in that situation. That was definitely crossing the line how he was almost interrogating you about weed. He should have just given them to you so you could head out and diss that douche with your friends.

I asked the cashier in my head: What difference does it make to you what I'm doing with a LEGAL wrap if I'm over 18? Especially something that isn't harmful, if you're already suspicious.

8. #48 beenstoned, Mar 18, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2015
    One time the cashier at my circle k said very loudly "I know what you're doing with these! And it's not tobacco! Haha" when buying papers.
    Even jokes like that are an unwelcome breach of my privacy. Needless to say I never went back.

9. Ok this topic is amazing we need more stories about annoying cashiers and paraphenallia. And discrimination against stoners in general or stereotyping. I just find it hilarious how ignorant people can be

10. If a cashier had the testicular fortitude to come at me wrong like that, I would change into a "Let me speak to your manager" mom real quick. I would make it my sole duty in life to get them fired and destroyed socially. I would follow them to their house and then I may or may not shit on their doorstep and put a little note on it that says "Smoke weed everyday."
    But that's only if they had the balls... Cashiers here just seem normal though, so I guess I won't get to do that.

11. Once I was at a texaco buying a dutchie and there was a cop in there too and he was like "hey I get off in an hour how about i join you" shit was funny as hell. Most cops around where I live are pretty cool

12. I've bought wraps and papers and all kinds of stuff from all kind of stores, I've been harassed, "where are you going with these?" "You know to use these for illegal substances is illegal." "You're throwing your life away." Those are the most common where I'm from, my retort for any harassment of any products, is typically "can we hurry this up please, I have prior obligations and I need to get to an appointment." When they ring it up, you just look them in they eyes like you are looking into the soul of the person, and I just put my stuff into my pockets and tell them "its been a pleasure, you have wonderful customer service skills, I'm going to make sure that you help me with all my needs when I come here." You typically don't see them again, either they quit, or they hide from you and let somebody else take care of it.

13. Dude hell yeah and their cheese and chili says "free" but when i put it on my chips the dude threatens to call the cops. I dont give a fuck though that shit says FREE im getting it for free.

Dude that's not really metrosexual, well the slim cut pants and boots are a lil metro, but black button up is nothing I haven't rocked and I don't get any shit.

I usually just rock some loose dark jeans, runners/skate shoes and long sleeve athletic shirt, T shirt, dress shirt, whatever I pull out of the closet and I don't get messed with.

Sounds like it's just a bunch of dumb ass hicks.

15. I haven't really ran into this, around where I live the workers at gas stations are chill. Me and some friends walk into the gas station high a lot to buy munchies and what not and people usually don't say anything. Besides one younger girl (Who's older than us but in her low 20s) who I'm pretty sure smokes talks to us about it and I'll joke and flirt with her while we buy our stuff. That kind of sucks for you but you don't really have to conversate with them, just buy your stuff and leave bro.

16. Yeah across the street from me is a middle eastern cornerstore and the cashier always askes me weird questions when I go in for these. It used to be uncomfortable, but now I think it's just because he works all day everyday with no one to talk to.

17. The thing is, I always have my ID in hand when asking for them... I will hold out my ID, specifically say what I want (pointing to them on the rack if needed)... I stopped going to ANOTHER 7-11 that is right next to my house 2 years ago because I got attitudes from this ghetto ass woman.  First, I stopped by at 4 PM while it was raining outside and the entire store was packed and she told me "Take your hood off, what's the matter with you wearing a hood in a convenience store?"  I said "uhh... it's raining outside?"  I tried buying cigarillos and put my ID right on the counter.  "Okay... Im going to need to see some ID" just like the woman in Superbad.  I point to the counter where I just placed the ID seconds prior... "You just turned 18 last week n you smoking?  Hmmm".  That was the last time I went into that one.  She reminded me of an ex-substitute teacher who has some kind of superiority complex and likes being mean to white kids.  I just turned 18 then so I didn't really have the nuts I do now to realize that these people are SERVING me and I should not tolerate disrespect.

Walgreens is my go-to stop now for buying cigarillos/lighters/papers.  I LOVE going there and asking for a 2 pack of swishers, paying the 1 dollar with my debit card and getting 10 dollars cash-back.  The 40 year old gay guy working there is my favorite, he is so professional about the entire thing when it's obvious what I'm doing.

This is strictly a shitty gas station situation I think... drug stores, good quality gas stations and grocery stores never say a word.

18. [SUB]They laughed because you're white as fuck and were buying swishers. It's like seeing black guys wearing birkenstocks, it's just funny. It's not that you can't be taken seriously or anything. All the gas stations in my area are run by Pakistanis and they don't really know the American stereotypes, so they're cool as fuck.[/SUB]

19. Shit just yesterday I went back to the same liquor store 3 times for wraps. Dude does'nt care. 

20. Tell those foreign motherfuckers to go back to their countries, shit in their shacks, and get malaria or something