Help Indoor for vegetation outdoors for flowering

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Forkboy, Mar 14, 2015.

1. Any tips on how to transfer from cfl light 24/24 to outdoors for flowering? I usually get 10-12 sunlight here in my town but I'm wondering if it's alright to transfer directly to sunlight or should I do it gradually? And any tips on what fertilizer should I use for flowering and what pot size should use for flowering? thanks in advance. Photo to follow :)

2. When I put plants out in the natural sun I would do it gradually I set mine out a couple hours a day by the end of the week you should be able to just leave them be. As far as pot size get the biggest you can afford, a five gallon bucket can be bought for cheap just drill holes for drainage in the bottom, and drill holes around the top for lst that's what I use for indoor plants should also work for you outside but if you can afford a bigger pot by all means go for it your plant may get huge outdoors

3. when you first move outdoors, leave the plants in shade for two days before planting in full sun

4. Thanks everyone for the suggestions I highly appreciate it :D

5. Plants should be hardened off before planted outdoors. First you should lower the time under lighting down to 15-16 hrs. Gradually lower the amount of light over a week or two. You want to get close to the amount of outdoor light it will receive outdoors. Outdoor planting should be done Mother's Day to June 1st. Too early without supplemental lighting will cause early flowering. It will only cause issues and will stunt the plants growth. Having a plant go into re veg sucks and it's better to start over in most cases unless the plant is giant. If you are planing on flowering outdoor expect to transplant into the largest pot you can find. I like GeoPots or Smart pots. They are fabric pots and creat a excellent rootball which results in a better plant. I wouldn't use anything smaller than 20 gallons. The bigger the pot the less waterings and larger the plants. In anything smaller than 20 gallons you will have issues during the summer with the plant drying out and it will stunt how big the plant will get and the yield. 20 gallon pots should get you at least A half ln or close to it. Small 5 gallon pots will give you a 2-3 oz maybe. Hard pots will cause the plants to become rootbound and with Fabric pots the roots grow through the fabric and exposure to light pruned the roots. The roots then grow away from the light and it results in roots completely through the soil and not wrapped around the outside of the soil.

6. wowthanks ;)

Plants should be hardened off before planted outdoors. First you should lower the time under lighting down to 15-16 hrs. Gradually lower the amount of light over a week or two. You want to get close to the amount of outdoor light it will receive outdoors. Outdoor planting should be done Mother's Day to June 1st. Too early without supplemental lighting will cause early flowering. It will only cause issues and will stunt the plants growth. Having a plant go into re veg sucks and it's better to start over in most cases unless the plant is giant. If you are planing on flowering outdoor expect to transplant into the largest pot you can find. I like GeoPots or Smart pots. They are fabric pots and creat a excellent rootball which results in a better plant. I wouldn't use anything smaller than 20 gallons. The bigger the pot the less waterings and larger the plants. In anything smaller than 20 gallons you will have issues during the summer with the plant drying out and it will stunt how big the plant will get and the yield. 20 gallon pots should get you at least A half ln or close to it. Small 5 gallon pots will give you a 2-3 oz maybe. Hard pots will cause the plants to become rootbound and with Fabric pots the roots grow through the fabric and exposure to light pruned the roots. The roots then grow away from the light and it results in roots completely through the soil and not wrapped around the outside of the soil.[/quote]

7. Get a fan on them to strengthen their stems.

Use diffused sunlight for a week or better or they will burn in the sun.

Kitchen is usually a great place if it has plenty of windows and indirect light. 

Move them closer to the sun rays as the week progresses.

Usually get? What latitude are you at? Are you close to the equator? That's the only place that gets 10-12 daylight hours year around.

If you're in the northern hemisphere, summer daylight hours are right around the corner and you won't be able to flower outside until mid-late August unless you have some way to shorten the light cycle.

If you're in the southern hemisphere, flowering season is just now starting.