I am GOD

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by ganjaJeff, Mar 14, 2015.

Yeah, Just because you can pick up any book and read the word "I" it means you are God, and so is everyone else. Is this not the greatest miracle?

Thing is, if everyone else is God and they say they're not God.. being that they are God, it is the word of God that they're not God. That's one heck of a conundrum you got going on.

Busted, I'm just a wanna be walrus, a poser if you will.

Dang.

4. What can I say? life is a paradox, and only god makes sense!

Stop by my office if you truly want to become a walrus.. there is a procedure we can do.

6. great quote

7. Animals are God too. I center my belief around humans because humans are self aware. And God is self aware! how about that!

There are animals that are self aware.. without the concept of "I" or God. They might have the feeling of their self.. but they don't conceptualize it as humans do. There are even humans with disabilities that are incapable of knowing their self, that they are an "I".. even some without self awareness.

What if we make a robot that is self aware? Or even synthetic life that is comparable to natural life that is self aware.. could a man made object be God? If so, are all of it's inorganic pieces God as well? If they are, wouldn't that mean that all inorganic material would be God too? If yes.. wouldn't you say that your belief is everything is God? Did you ever watch The Incredibles? Saying everyone is special is like saying no one is.. and the same can be applied to God. If everything is God, then nothing is.. it just depends on how you want to look at life and what creature comforts you need to get you through life, but when you have an 'everything is God' approach.. you'd be going against the grain of your own belief by trying to name specifics as God, such as "I".

9. god is the gaps...and thats also why they say the devil is in the details...

10. #171 ganjaJeff, Mar 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2015
    Very good arguments. My point though, is that God is I. The fact that you can even imagine synthetic life is proof that we are God. We can imagine things. And then create them. We are still bound by the physical laws of the universe, after all we created these universal laws of physics, but we can imagine past them, outside of them, without them. so who's to say we are not God? 

11. You're skipping steps. consciousness, the 'blankest state' we can reach is I. You will NEVER have experience not as I. Even in your dreams you are I. A person is just an ego, a creation designed for the expression of I. 

Taking your guys (awesome) posts for the purpose of helping sentient beings come to realization!

13. #174 Account_Banned283, Mar 29, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2015

Okay.

14. The long and short of your Dharma post up there GJ-

The Buddha and the Patriarchs never talk about anything other than One Mind, which is also called the One Vehicle. Therefore, even if you seek in the ten directions, you will find no other vehicle that is the Truth except this realization of One Mind. So, in the Assembly that has this Right View, there are no leaves or branches .......only the One Vehicle.

Just a thought about referring to this as 'I'-Although I understand why you are choosing to frame it in this way-It is probably confusing for some to use the term 'I' ....which we use that for meaning our individual persona....not in the bigger sense of a shared (in-common) consciousness and the experiencer as the elemental 'Spirit'/Mind/etc...<insert label>'....It's the same idea of 'You are another myself'

15. I've thought that too. It resonates

16. Like the oversoul?

17. Why does god need to cater to you?
    because you read a book saying so?
    either you understand what this man is saying or you dont.
    Do shit for yourself, be your own god.

18. "Thou art god, I am god. All that groks is god" - R.A. Heinlein "Stranger in a Strang Land"