Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Have you ever had to ask for a front?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Southeast stoner, Mar 13, 2015.

1. I have always had a job since I was 13/14, so money is never an issue.  Although when I pick-up I don't always have enough cash so I end up hitting my guy back the next day.

I guess that's a front but since we are cool he knows he will get his money the next day or whenever I see him next. 

2. Fuck fronts. It isnt worth it for the dealer because he has to meetup with you twice for the pay of doing it once.

3. #23 HiRoller26, Mar 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2015
    im sure if you weren't cool with your dealer that would be the case. But if you're buying lots and becoming quite good friends with the guy and developing trust then fronting is not a big deal. I personally never ask for fronts though.

Sent from my igloo in Canada.

4. #24 Sneaky Snake, Mar 14, 2015

I disagree. I think you remain cool with your dealer by specifically not doing this. Neither a borrower nor a lender be.

5. No but I've been offered multiple times by friends/dealers

6. Never ever ever ever ever ever have I had to ask for a front. If I'm to the point I can't even buy weed up front then I'll usually head towards people that smoke me out. Getting smoked out and asking for a front are two different things. I've never been afraid to ask someone if I can hit the blunt or whatever with them. I find people I don't even know willing to let me smoke with them if I ask. But that's only if it's gotten that far. Usually I keep a few ounces to last me enough to make more money to eventually by more weed

7. Loving all the responses guys, it's not really a front to me anymore more of a favor, if I'm only buying through him I help him out and he helps me out. Throw a little on the side for the trouble. I understand how you guys feel about fronts I've had plenty of suppliers that I know would of been an insult. But with a friend I don't feel as bad, if he ever needed to borrow cash I wouldn't hesitate either. Cheers

-Appreciate what you got cause one day it can all be gone-

8. Also To give a little background I'm not a 18 year old stoner living in my moms house just sometimes bills trump the budget a little and it always helps to have a little green, honestly I've only asked for two fronts since I've been smoking in 7 years. Cheers everyone :)

9. Not really... he would probably just expect to be paid back the next time the customer makes another purchase.  Again, I can only see fronts being acceptable if it's a long time customer.  If it's a long time customer, they're going to expect them to buy from them again, and providing a front can be a good business move if you think that your customer will really appreciate it and see it as good "customer service" if you will, and keep them as their dealer and form a long lasting business relationship.  Drug dealers like regular customers, especially ones that are super simple and exercise proper buying etiquette.  They don't want to lose clients and have to find new ones that may potentially get them busted, or may have really shitty etiquette about buying.

10. my guy is a close friend of mine and i work in what i buy front from him into my budget.  were adults so we call it credit.  instead of spending your cash why not throw a little bit on credit and pay it back when you get more and have more to spare.  as long as it doesn't interfere with business.   fuck it, responsible credit makes responsible adults.  

11. i have done a couple of times, only when I've forgotten to take cash out or something, not when i don't have any money 

12. That doesnt work out because dealers need to reup, and if theyre waiting on the $150 some guy owes them for like 4 days then they dont reup or sell any weed for 4 days

13. #33 thewarden, Mar 14, 2015
    I've never asked for a front from a dealer on money I couldn't pay back basically immediately, like, if I wanted to get more than I had cash on me and ATM/my house wasn't close or he had some special goodies I didn't plan on, etc, situations like that. and am always very clear about when they'll be reimbursed. when I used to sell stuff, I'd be as reasonable as possible regarding fronts (I get it, you wanna get stoned but don't have money now...all been there) but it got really annoying when I'd be trying buy something, but was owed like $1000 collectively from a whole bunch of people. none of them were actively ignoring me or anything either (to my knowledge), it's just that they had their goods so until that changed I wouldn't hear from em again. giving fronts turns being  a drug dealer into being a drug dealer, personal credit counselor,  actuary, loan shark, debt collector and doormat. but you're still getting paid exactly the same. and fuck that.

I always thought of the drug dealing 'machine' to be a series of complexly interconnected gears, and when they're all clean & lubricated with cash-flow, the machine can continue functioning. now take a pebble  ('the front') and throw it into some of the gears, if the gear's big enough relative to the pebble size the pebble will be crushed in seconds.  but if you take a whole bunch of stones of varying sizes and throw em into the machine at once, chances are the gears will stop turning. and now the operator's gotta spend time fixing the machine before he can keep running it. 

yeah I'm high 

edit: meant to add that if I am actually short on cash I'll ask a friend to borrow it. I don't get why people don't just do that. asking a dealer for a front is like asking a waitress for a front. hell you could ask the owner of a small business for a front and it would be similarly retarded logically 

14. I used to get fronts in high school. I later came to the decision that if I needed it fronted, it was probably not the best financial decision. Luckily I'm good now and I don't have to worry about that. There have been a couple of occasions however where the bank was closed due to a random holiday that I forgot about or something to that nature, and he'd front it to me until I could get to the bank. 

15. Once in awhile, but we go way back.

I never had a problem fronting, atleast to the people i saw like clock work every week.. sometimes i'd just throw em a dime on me if they were dry, who cares about the 10 when you know they comin to get an oz next week.

Make alot more money in any business with loyal customers

16. fronts always seem to get messy.

if you're the 7% who can actually be trustworthy and pay back in a timely fashion (like the next day or 2) and you feel like it's a smart move for you, then go for it.

Otherwise, it's much easier for a dealer to develop a no-front mentality. I go to the dispensaries out here... try asking them for a front LOL.

17. #37 Sneaky Snake, Mar 14, 2015

Exactly! People seem to think since it's a person to person thing it's okay. Those same people would never walk into a restaurant, gas station, grocery store, etc. and ask to be fronted. They know how ridiculous that is and what a little beggar it would make them look, People who would never go into McDonalds and ask them to front a $5 happy meal would ask a dealer to front them a $50 1/4.  There's a lot of cognitive dissonance going on in this thread! Act like a beggar, be a beggar.

18. I don't feel like a beggar when ever I ask for one, it's not an act of desperation or anything, the most I'd ask for is like 20 dollars worth of what I can't pay, I wouldn't try my guy asking him to front me more than a gram or two. That's when it become an insult. Cheers

19. I see what your saying, luckily my connect is based more of a friendship so money isn't all that important, I've come up with him with 5 bucks before and he have me a gram of some killer. Always good I have to have a friendship before a dealership. I help him out when he needs the cash, look at me almost as his employer. A dealer works for his people and if his people aren't happy he isn't making money. And in an illegal business here you can afford to make enemies cause one call that all and your behind bars. Cheers

What goes on between friends is one thing. I'm talking about buyer/dealer relationships, which are friendly but aren't necessarily friends. I get what you're saying about friends, and that's cool.