new bong or a lot of bud?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by ericforeman420, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Hey blades, Foreman here looking for some advice. I recently got a new job and I'm getting paid on Tuesday. It's my first check so its only going to be like $140 tops. Its been months since I've been able to buy anything over a dub so I want to buy some dank. I currently have a 25 dollar 12" china bong no percs just straight tube beaker base and I want something new. Ive been eyeing this scientific turbine perc bong at my local hs. So my question to you guys is; would you buy the new bong for $100 and just get like a half 8th until next pay period(2 weeks), or would you get a half for 130 and wait to get the bong? The bong is $120 but I'm friends with the shop guy so he'd give me 20% off. Sorry if this has been posted before or is in the wrong thread, just looking for some input. Thanks

20% off 120 is 24 [​IMG] 4 bucks difference aint much but math is math

I'd get the new bong if I were you, man. If that forces you to take a short t break, you know what, that's actually just a great thing. I get buddha stoned after short tbreaks, so I'd get that dope ass bong, walk around and stare and salivate at it at home, and then next time round buy that dank weed and get cosmos high 

3. #3 ericforeman420, Mar 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2015
    I was including tax bro lol so give 5% is about 5 bucks lol, yea I was thinking that too, thanks for your input man really appreciated

4. New bong. Once the bud is gone, it's gone forever. A bong lasts forever unless you break it or get rid of it. 

5. I say bong,  I  have been smoking for 6 years+.  A bong was the best investment I have made.  Takes me 2-3+ months to burn through an oz.

6. Thanks for your input guys, really appreciate it! I think I'm gonna get that bong and the half 8th

7. and watch that half 8th go....poof!

8. Well obviously bro lol a half 8th isn't shit, it'll be lucky to last a day with the new bong

9. Get a sick bong and a lil weed then next time you have alot of money Get a shitload of weed

10. Hell yeah! I guess its just been so long since I've had a large amount of bud that i was eager to get my hands on some, thanks for your advice.

11. Does anyone know how to delete threads on the gc app? i made like 3 of these yesterday because it didnt show up, now i look and theres a bunch. I go to my started by tab and it still doesn't show them

12. #12 TUSCANRAIDER, Mar 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2015
    Don't blow all of it at once. I'm an undergrad accounting student. Let me teach you some cash management. If you have an account for Marijuana EXPENDITURES and count that as part of an actual budget you get something like this.

Revenue:               $130
    Marijuana expense: (50)
    Glass expense:       (50)
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Net Income:             $30

(I'm not sure where you live, but in Washington you're looking at 40-50 bucks for a quarter)
    Save up at least $50 of that for a glass purchase. If you follow that guide three times you will specifically save $150 for a NICE bong in 1.5 months. Can you wait longer or increase your income after your second or third week on the job? You could save $300 for a bong quickly then. If you do it this way (because you don't have a credit card, most likely) you can buy the bong in cash and not dip into your nest egg/cash funds in the bank.

I don't think its wise to spend 100% of your paycheck on just one expense. You probably have to buy gas, groceries, subway sandwiches, random shit. A balanced budget will allow you wiggle room, savings, a fun expense account for smoking and buying glass/vaporizers. It can be a lot of fun!

Another tip: after you acquire said dope bong in the $150-300 price range, save half that amount for buying glass (lets say $25), and put away something into savings (lets say $50).  In six months you'd have $600 saved and $300 for buying a new piece or vaporizer.

For the example I'm assuming you're a highschooler or something. If you know about this or income will rise drastically after your training period or whatever, then all the better to you.

Your income isn't that high so it's hard to get established. Be smart, have fun, and make some sound financial decisions. [​IMG]

EDIT:
    I'm also remarkbly sure that the quality increase from the $100 to the $150-300 range is quite high. Buy something amazing so you'll have no regrets and nothing will break. Nice glass is a pleasure to use. Don't skimp out on the first piece you can afford at this moment.

13. Tuscanraider that's weird that you said subway sandwiches because I actually work at subway lol

14. I'd go with a $2 pack of zig zags and $138 worth of dank.

15. Trade old bong for some bud and buy a new piece with your cash..

16. Get the bong. It's just a one time purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

17. Buy neither.

If this is you first pay in along time then save every dollar you can and spend it wisely. 
    I always try to save 4x more than I spend for recreational purposes.

Once your able to have 4 parts saved : 1 part disposable income to afford some nice
    glass then I'd start thinking about buying a bong.

Until then your current bong will work just fine.
    Go buy some cheap mids and smoke, you cant be doing to well if your
    excited about spending a 140 check..

While your at it go read the way to wealth by benjamin franklin.

18. Whoops I just noticed how old this thread was, well I'm sure you already wasted that check and all the others you received.

19. Nope actually have about 1000 dollars saved up and counting. TheWizardVillage

20. buy a sov pillar then man don't make that man a liar bro.[​IMG]