Growace 270w Led kit Hydro DWC Tent Stealth Check it out

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Stroomz, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Finally got my tent! Was a bitch at first putting together and the stitching ripped in one spot by the bottom but it's ok its covered. Took me a little while to figure out everything's locations and how to wire but I got it half way there. I realized I needed one more set of light hangers so I ordered those and they will allow me to hang my other light and complete the lab by early next week. Not needed yet anyway as you can see I am temporarily cfl to start the little babies.

No nutes yet, will wait until the leaves grow more then starting with a low dose of oneness, a base nutrient

Wasn't sure how to install the inline fan and the screws they gave me to hold the side plate which lets you screw it down to a surface had the wrong screws so couldn't use that but does anyone have any pictures or visuals of there led tent ventilation setup? I put the fan on the floor outside the tent and it pulls from the carbon filter way at the bottom of my tent, is this ok or are the curves too tight ?

Excited for things to get going!

Attached Files:

2. So the babies haven't grown in a couple of days and the diesel berry has just about flopped over and died, starting to hate hydro all this bs equipment and I can't get it going. Idk if I should start a new seed or quit hydro all together I'm very discouraged rite now. Opened a help topic on this in another section of the forums. I'll update next time there's growth.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

3. The seedlings look perfectly healthy in the photos so I can't help you with the cause of death.

Ill see if I can dig out a photo of how I have my fans and filters hung 

4. This is an old photo but I use the same principle to hang my fans and filters all of the time. This photo is the clearest one I have that shows the paracord that is holding up the fan and filter. The ducting doesn't need to be that long though lol 

[​IMG]

5. I like your method it's very clean looking, I posted some pictures of how I re-did mine so the fan was inside the tent instead of outside on the ground, it's in the top right of photo
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1427856279.258164.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1427856313.158259.jpg

Here's also pics of the dieing plants, but I got ph to a good number and raised the water level as well as added two more airstones and an air pump. Hopefully this change may do something
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1427856328.659145.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1427856343.644209.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1427856359.146093.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1427856369.263456.jpg

6. Germing 2 white widows feminized to replace these dead beats if they both die as it still looks they are....

7. hey man how you making out with this? Im trying to get my first hydro grow going but cant get my plants mature enough to make it into the bubble bucket. 2 weeks then poof they die on me.

8. I'm in the same exact situation I think I'm over watering them...I've done soil grows a many times no problem this hydro stuff is annoying but I'm trying to see if they need more or less water with a test and germinating two new seeds to replace these if they die in the next couple of days

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

9. so annoying man...ive never done this before until now and im trying so hard not to throw in the towel. Seems like the hardest part is to get the damn process flowing. i am down to 1 seedling still alive in rockwool and its barely hanging on. I dont appear to be over watering but i have no clue man. soil seems almost fool proof compared to what im going through with this.

10. Hey how's yours going?

One of my seedlings finally was tossed I tried so hard to bring her back but no luck.
    Second seedling is growing extremely slow and very bright green doesn't look good, 1st picture below
    Also added one seedling that was in rockwool but took it out and have another I left in the rockwool as a test. Pic 2
    We'll see what happens and my ph looks spot on 5.5 and 5.61 from new ph meter
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1428374359.035980.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1428374371.470139.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1428374423.227580.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1428374435.341995.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1428374456.212915.jpg

11. #31 Stroomz, Apr 20, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2015
    Update: from Wednesday 4/15....pics for tomorrow will follow
    Turned on just the Mars led as you can see to see if that would help, getting some slow growth out of the one bubblegum there but today I saw she stared flowering because she's an auto so I don't think she's going to do much :/

I've also noticed the plants roots are growing out of the side of the net pot and then down instead of straight down is this normal??

Attached Files:

12. Update 4/20:
    Roots are actually growing!?!! Haha but doesn't look like much will happen with the bigger one as its already autoflowering. The other one is not an auto. Slight lift of hope so far...changed to fresh water and cleaned clay residue from buckets, put ph on point and ppm on the bigger is around 450 and the smaller one 380... Only put a tiny bit of nutrients to ease them into it..
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1429585984.201218.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1429586000.103437.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1429586013.085785.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1429586024.938964.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1429586055.725633.jpg

Yeah roots growing out the sides is normal, desirable in fact.

It's hard to be sure because it's not a full colour picture but they look a bit oxygen starved, is your air pump up to the job? They could be nutrient overdosed a bit too. I would give them about 200-250ppm at the moment

14. #34 seagrass1385, Apr 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2015
    In my opinion, Stroomz, the plant are a little cold and will grow at a minimal growth rate. Being too warm in the water and the root zone is fatal but being too cool will just slow progress and a lot of cannabis plants won't have the metabolism for the immune system to work properly. DWC is a lot harder to control then people assume especially with it being stagnent, but if done properly, you can get plants to respond well, just a lot of maintenance is involved. I'm curious to what your environment is, Temp (day/night highs and lows), humidity? LED's are nice for small areas but sometimes the heat from a HID set up is nice. If the room is too cool, do you have a way to add heat? perhaps a space heater or something equivalent? and are you top feeding until the roots come out of the net pots? and then the roots should grow rapidly and take over the water bucket when they reach the nutrient water. That is assuming that the environment is sufficent (co2, temp, lighting) and nutrient and water are ideal (ph level, ppm/ec, water temp). Hope you get them boogying if one is an auto flower! good luck!

15. Nice looking grow so far. 

Just a tip: your exhaust fan seems to be pulling from the floor. Its obviously fine now because your temps are okay, but during flowering when those plants start to really fill out the space, heat will become an issue, and you will probably want to lift that scrubber up as high as possible. Heat rises, so pulling from the top will help, plus, it will shorten the duct, which helps the fan pull air more efficiently.

Other than that, looks like your taking the right approach. Looking forward to updates.

16. Thanks for the help...so here's a pic of my temp and humidity gauge rite after opening the cab so these are the temps directly over the plant, much warmer then when I had one cfl. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1429764295.018567.jpg
    Not sure how cold or warm the water in the Rez is but I don't think it's too cold but I have no way to check..

The roots are still growing pretty well just not a huge amount of growth upstairs..ph raises slightly each 24 hour period..any ideas why's that?
    Ppm went up to 450 on the big one and 424 on the smaller girl, does that mean they drank more water than nutrients?
    Also the carbon filter and duct fan aren't even on yet I just have a circular wall fan putting nice wind on the babes. That will go on if temps get higher or smell becomes an issue whatever's first ha
    Pics! Sorry some bad quality..
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1429764571.095548.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1429764588.866488.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1429764610.854024.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1429764635.121298.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1429764651.436148.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1429764666.919594.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1429764685.522343.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1429764713.560374.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1429764736.059357.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1429764760.831034.jpg

17. Are you just using the Nutrients you posted a picture of? Typically ph fluctuates for many reasons, microbiology, the plant will also release its waste into that water. That's why a dwc that doesn't recirculate to a bigger rez is problematic. The temp is warm now so the plants should be growing a lot faster. But keep in mind that the ppm can be deceiving since ppm isn't that accurate compared to EC (electric conductivity). Also, if the room is 80 degrees, then more than likely your root zone will warm up unless you can bring in air from a cooler area. If you can't keep your root zone cooler than 68-71, you'll typically get this fungus called pythium. It's parasitic so it'll steal nutrients so just got to be aware. But if you ever want to try a less maintenance technique. Let's say, a drain to waste hydroponic set up. You'll make life a lot easier for you. Eventually if you can get the plants to drink a lot, you'll be filling up those buckets everyday with more water ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1429808126.375337.jpg

This is a picture of a jalapeño tree that I grew for a year in a dwc. This is when the roots just hit the water. Cannabis is way more aggressive so you'll see the root zone explode

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

so just by touching the water i think its cool in temperature, definitely not up in the 80's i think its in the high 60's..the roots have started to grow a lot faster since coming out of the net pot and hitting the water..ive been adjusting ph every other night about and they seem to be ok so far...

the smaller one is growing but slowly it seems, the leaf sets are very close together and the stems are turning pink..i know purple is from cold but what about pink? maybe just the phenotype?
    the bubblegum which is flowering has grown a lot in the root department and even overnight I've noticed large growth so i guess that is good..i am feeling a little more confident with hydro after seeing roots grow instead of sit there looking dead and brown haha. Is this bubblegum going to do much or should i start a new girl there and not waste time??

And I've only put a half a cap full of the white bottle of nutrients in the pictures called Oneness, its on Growace.com's site, they say its a base nutrient to use with others but its a good start. Ive also added a very small amount like a few drops of the "growth" black nutrient bottle in my older pics, maybe thats what has made that particular plants roots grow so much...i mite add that one to the smaller girl tonight or tomorrow because she is on week 2 i believe and may be ready for nutrients

ppm from my hana meter is 430 and 540

Attached Files:

19. If you plan to stick to hydro, Id suggest purchasing a ph meter with a temperature option so you can know for sure. Mostly so you know if the water is getting too warm after it sits for a few days. Or you can just purchase some cheap temperature gauges that suction to the side.

Colors in the stem could be from many different things but the plant itself is probably just having a hard time. I would probably put the LED closer to the plants. LED's dont create intensity for long distances, especially a 270w. So put it closer and see if that helps the growth. It's also hard to tell what overall color they are since the LED is making it look pink. If that one plant is flowering, it should need way more nutrients. Autoflowers are unique so its tough to say if you should continue with that one.

Id use up the nutes you have but then id choose a company you like and stick with that as they are formulated to cover all the bases for your plant. Just be careful not to get sucked into one of the marketing companies (advanced nutrients, botanicare) as they will have a lot of parts that you may or might not need but being a beginner Id try to go off simplicity as all nutrients have to work or they couldnt be sold in stores (base minerals). Then the feeding schedule will always tell you how much to add and have different ratios for the different stages. And if you decide to stick with hydro, id buy a line that is for hydro so it has PH stabalizers in them. The ph is always going to fluctuate on its own because the plants are releasing the waste back into the water and also microorganisms that can cause that as well.

In all honesty, you might need more watts to get more vigirious growth. But you definitely need the LED's to be closer since they don't put off much heat anyways.

20. The plants aren't stretching so why do you think lights should be closer...I'd like to try a different hydro set up if ones easier because I thought dwc was the least hassle...would write more but falling asleep haha