Please help, cheapest lighting that works?

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Jwhat201, Mar 12, 2015.

1. Hi been lurking a while, thought I'd sign up because can't find too much on this haha.

Wondering what are the cheapest LED grow lights that work?  Or any other less pricey good lights.  Any info like the brand, where to buy online, etc etc would be greatly appreciated.  

Ill be growing one plant in a homemade grow box, with a lid.  Box is 24 1/2" X 18 1/4" X 16 3/4" and ill be using the scrog method...  Strain is short and bushy Indica strain.

Any help would be appreciated, but I NEED budget grow lights. First grow here trying to get it all right. 

Thanks in advance :)

2. you need a taller box...Mars Hydro best affordable LED's

3. DIY cheapest $ per Watt

35$ 100w Full spectrum chip
    15$ 100w LED Driver
    10$ CPU cooler

60$ per 100w true draw consumption. cheaper than mars hydo or any UFO.

4. #5 jayrob70, Mar 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2015
    hey jwhat 201 although you can grow under Warm White LEDs - I don´t think its the best, mainly because Chinese warm white LEDs have a lot of green spectrum light in them.

I was thinking of specific grow COB chips, which use 3w diodes to provide the light (most use 1w diodes, 3w are better) They are coated in a special phosphor which changes the emitted light to something tailored for a plants photosynthetic needs; its a nice pinkish light, with more emphasis on the red part of the spectrum but with enough blue as well:

CHIP:

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Hydroponics-50w-led-grow-chip-full-spectrum-led-grow-light-30X3W-bridgelux-COB-grow-led-chip/121917_32283889461.html

DRIVER:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/High-quality-led-driver-12V-50w-1500mA-led-power-supply-floodlight-driver-10-series-5-parallel/32220244246.html

COOLER (this has a nice piece of alu and fan blows out of the sides so not down on the plants)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/201302745205?item=201302745205&lgeo=1&vectorid=229466&rmvSB=true

its a masscool 5F286B1L3G you can get it at many computer shops for around10-20$

5. dont forget labor and coverage area..20 bucks more and no building lol

if you can do that, it will be the lowest price, lol i know a friend he can make LEDs himself.

7. yes its so easy to hook the three things together to make it work, childs play lol ! and no soldering also, then you can simply place multiples of 100w all over the place!

I don't think it's really easy like that, you know the spectrum is also very important, you need have a ratio for the spectrum and test if it suit for the plants, lol

But maybe you are really very good at it, so you think it's very easy, [​IMG]

9. Mars Hydro LED's are the cheapest i have foudn that get amazing results.
    PM @Smokesara on here for a price or search up their thread called Mars Hydro Grow Light Family.
    Chef.

10. How about this LED unit? 

View attachment 1736226

View attachment 1736225

View attachment 1736241