Scoobies Secret Doobie Farm

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by Sc00byD00bie, Mar 12, 2015.

1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqUq2Da7d5c

the blumat 8mm feed line is a PITA to work with! they might as well have made it solid pvc pipes, its so damm rigid...so in order to save my sanity i chucked the 8mm blumat line and used a 6mm flexible line made for "autopots" that i can get locally for cheap! only problem is its 6mm and the blumat fittings are all 8mm so i had to force those fittings in using a lot of elbow grease, and my fingers look like ive been practicing my guitar, all blistered up, lol!

anyway, its done and everything is installed. i ended up going with 10 blumat maxi's, 8 around the perimeter and 2 in the middle. tomorrow i will fill the res and hopefully i wont have any leaks..

can you spot the 10 blumats? [​IMG]
    20150323_154425_resized_1.jpg

in other news, still no roots on my clones...im starting to think i should of used coco for cloning, i always used to clone in 100% coco and i would get roots in less then 10 days, its been 12 days now and not a single root in sight...[​IMG]
    20150323_091841_resized.jpg

meanwhile, my kosher kushs' are looking good, all have been topped once and already showing two tops each, except for #4 which got topped about a week later then the rest since it was the last to hatch.
    20150323_091510_resized.jpg 20150323_091703_resized.jpg 20150323_091708_resized.jpg 20150323_091719_resized.jpg 20150323_091725_resized.jpg

peace!

• Like Like x 1
  2. 14 days since i took clones and  although all the clones look good and perky not a single one has rooted yet [​IMG]

i pulled a couple cuttings out of the cups to see whats going on and all i see is stem, no rotting or anything but no roots either. [​IMG]

temps are hovering around 70f, so maybe its too cold? in any case i got a heating mat and placed it under the cups this morning...

gonna brew a kelp and alfalfa tea to give the mother plants in case i need to take new cuttings if these end up failing.  next time im going back to rooting in 100% coco coir as i have had very good results using that in the past...

3. ten maxis? Jesus. How big is that pot?
    You will prob have a lot of runaways because they wont shut off in time with that many. You only need one maxi per five gallon. You need two for seven to ten gallons.

4. Oh 100 gallon
    Damn thats a pretty big pot.

5. #25 Sc00byD00bie, Mar 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2015
    i got the biggest one that would fit in my flower cab [​IMG]
    initially i thought of doing 4x15 gallon smartpots, but after reading the no-till thread some more i saw bluejay and coots keep saying that a bigger soil is better for pretty much everything (except your back, lol!).
    bigger soil = bigger roots = bigger plants. thats the idea anyway. bigger soil is also better for maintaining a healthy living echo system. i have worms and all sorts of critters in that thing [​IMG] so im sure they appreciate the bigger space.

have a good one!

• Like Like x 3
  6. Bigger plant = bigger footprint as well.
    It seems like they would be competing for space.

7. perhaps

but i plan on growing SOG style with little to no veg time, one week at most depending on how the clones look.
    my plan is to try 16 plants in a 4x4 matrix. im actually hoping that putting them closer together will make them focus on a single cola instead of branching out, perhaps at the cost of more stretch but thats why i wont  veg them.
    16 plants is quite modest really, if i went by the standard SOG 4 plants per square foot i would be at 28 plants for my 7 square foot.
    believe it or not i used to run 42 plants in gallon pots in the same space, lol!

8. #28 FinerMarijuana, Mar 25, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2015
    Sounds like a damn good plan! 16 plants in a 4x4 [​IMG] Subbing to see how you work tho, because when I'm done with this 20g in the next 6 months, I'm going up to 40g for sure!
    And I've done up to 12 plants before in 2/3g pots and watering them all was such a headache lol. x42 1gals? Fuggedaboutit!

**Passes you the Chemdawg joint 

9. 4 plants a square foot?
    Those must be some puny plants.

10. ohh thanks for the joint! puff puff ...pass to the left...[​IMG]

i wish i had pics of my 42 plant sog, unfortunately i had a journal back then on a site that doesnt exist anymore (bubbleponics) so everything i posted is lost [​IMG] .  it wasnt hard to water though since i had it all automated with drippers and a pump on a timer, i was running coco drip to waste back then.

not sure about posting pics from other sites, but if you google "cannabis sog" you should get a good idea of what can be achieved in this style of growing.
    4 per SF is just the basic rule of thumb, some people do less at 1 or 2 per/sf but some do much more. ive seen pretty good grows utilizing 2liter pop bottles for pots. or even  (brace yourself) solo cups sog!

the idea is to grow plants with a single cola and no side branching.  its also the fastest way to fill a flower area and considered the most efficient use of space IF you have mature mother plants that can give you the amount of clones to fill your space (since there is no need for vegging time)

peace!

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. yes I am familiar with Scrog. I pulled this out Sunday. One plant. 3'x2'. Maybe I'm not following you so apologies if I am confused.
    WP_20150323_021.jpg WP_20150307_18_18_27_Pro.jpg

12. #32 Sc00byD00bie, Mar 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2015
    hey those are some nice plants!

S.O.G for Sea Of Green. 
    similar results to scrog only different method. and much faster if you have clones available.  instead of using a net and train the plant to fill the space you fill it with many smaller plants (typically from clones)

not my pic:
    picture.jpg

i found a post here on GC that explains it.
    http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-medical-marijuana-growing/1014275-overview-cannabis-training-scrog-sog-fim-supercrop-lst-etc.html?p=14052448

• Like Like x 3
  13. #33 FinerMarijuana, Mar 26, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2015

Yeah nice! I was gonna pick up some blumats a couple years ago when I was doing about 12 little pots, but I just couldn't bite the bullet.
    I stuck with the manual labor lol. A SOG is defiantly a good idea tho, especially when you're small timing like me, or growing for self ya know. 
    I'm also not sure how the plants like getting moved around too much. Its as unnatural for them as feeding them chemicals lol.
    I bet you we disturb the life below a little every time we move the plants, especially that fungal hyphae you know. So with that said, I'm looking more and more forward to my pots getting bigger and bigger, and never moving.
    Anyways, top of the morning bro! Take it easy

14. you could be having an issue with rooting because you are using clear cups. firstly you are more sceptable to algee, secondly roots dont like light. also agree that your temps were too low at 70, like to keep mine at a steady 78

15. #35 Sc00byD00bie, Mar 26, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2016
    after i filled up the 100 gallon pot i noticed it was a smidgen off center. i tried moving it, kicking the soil from one side and i tried pushing one side to get it to center...that thing is not moving ANYWHERE, lol! not a big deal its more of an esthetic thing so i just let it be.

anyway, day 15 since i took cuttings and i was literally ready to take more clones and possibly take the current ones and stick them in coco coir...i had even already boiled some coir (to get rid of trichoderma) and just as i was about to rip appart one clone for inspection i see this:
    20150326_190056_resized.jpg

friggen finally! i guess the heat mat helped [​IMG]
    im planning to make a cloning experiment pitting coir vs peat, and i might also test red vs blue light spectrum.

but now its time to get medicated! [​IMG][​IMG]
    peace!

#LOG - roots, panama clones 2,5,10

• Like Like x 1
  16. nah clear cups are fine, ive rooted in clear cups before no problems. i know plenty other people also clone in clear cups without a problem.  i never had a problem with algae either, but that's maybe because i keep them in low light.
    I think you are right about the temps, i have a feeling that was the major issue here.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. oh I didn't know there was a difference. My bad.
    Thanks too
    I'm jot doing it anymore. I think I liked supercropping the best.

18. got my kosher kush seedlings into a noobwannab SWICK, man that setup is just awesome! i need to  get a bigger pan though, one that would fit the entire bottom of my veg cab!
    20150327_101435_resized.jpg

i also have an idea for next cloning round- little balls of coco coir wrapped in cheescloth, poke a hole in the cloth stick the clone in and place the ball on a swick pan! 

19. one and a half days after i put those plants in the swick and im already seeing roots growing out the bottom of the smartpots!
    20150328_114855_resized.jpg

and....
    two of my kosher kushes are preflowering, two studs!
    good thing i dont have any flowers going atm since one sack is already open, although i didnt see any polen so its most probably a sterile flower..still, need to get those guys out of there asap!
    20150328_114935_resized.jpg 20150328_115107_resized.jpg 20150328_115240_resized.jpg

i will be flowering them in a separate area and collect pollen for the future. actually im gonna flower them together with the other 2 koshers and if any are females ill have some kosher kush F2's [​IMG] 
    i know all the pro pollen chuckers are just laughing now, but my situation is that i cant get more seeds unless i travel abroad and bring them myself, so im just making seeds from everything. i am labeling everything though so if i do find a keeper i will already have seeds from her.

I also just took clones from the other kosher kushes, so the plan is to flower all the ones i got now (in the same area i got my panama preggers at) and by the time i see sex on the remaining two ill have roots on the clones and i can immediately stick them in the no-till, or trash them.
    even if it happens a week or two after the panama get in there i should be ok since the panamas are 9-12 weeks and the kosher kush is 9-10 weeks. so they might even finish at the same time (although i suspect the panamas will take longer then 12)

and to the three people reading this  [​IMG] have a great weekend! [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Subbed up man. Looking really interesting. I did a LED comparison on that SOL and SolarSpec 350
    Decided to go SolarSpec but I'll be watching for sure. Check out my grow HuntAk flower tent.

The Alaskan way!

• Like Like x 1