New Journey, 1000w ScROG, ebb n flow buckets

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by ChronicProblem, Mar 12, 2015.

1. Clones

Attached Files:

2. Completed res change on the bubble buckets. 5.7PH 1.2 EC. Each bucket has 2 plants in it but they are basically growing as 1. the root systems are completely enjoined and separation would be foolish, but they need to move to a larger space, they are MASSIVE compared to the others. I bought a 27gal res that i can move one set in to, but i have no where to put it. 

I am still contemplating the idea of scrapping the 4 that are under the scrog, and moving the larger healthier plants over, but given how explosive the bubble buckets growth has been, I might even scrap the ebb and grow bucket set up all together right now and move the 27gal under the scrog with a couple more air stones. They would fill the screen and be ready to flower within a week i bet.

Let me know what you think

Mahalo
    ChronicP 

3. Wow, considering what they look like in the photo from 4 days ago, and the way they are pacing, they must really be getting pretty big! Have you considered training them a bit, just to angle the main stems away from each other? I'm not sure if it would do a whole not, but could at the very least help ensure light penetration in the space between the two plants -- where I'm sure there would be a bit of overlap, right? Do you have any concerns with extra stretch as the plants compete for light?

Can you post a pic of the 4 under the scrog? It would be cool to see a current photo to compare with the last one you posted.

4. Ok, so what i did was spaced out the 4 plants under the scrog and then put the 27gal in between them and moved my biggest 2 plants into it, that way at least for now i didn't have to chop anything. so there are 6 plants under the scrog now. I have 2 left in the veg tent and the 4 clones with them.

I have been training them a little bit and they are kinda angled away from each other, but i am waiting for them to hit the screen before i really start beating them up. I'm not too worried about the stretch since i can continue to weave it into the scrog during the stretch period. I will put up some pics once my phone charges so you can see what i am talking about, but I think that this should work at least for my first run through.

5. #25 ChronicProblem, Apr 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2015

Pics

Attached Files:

6. Nice! I definitely think this is a good way to go. The 2 plants look like they'll be happy in the larger res and you're still giving the other 4 a chance to get going. Looking good man!

I completely forgot that you were going to scrog those plants until seeing those photos, and that certainly removes most of the concern over stretch. Stretch has been on my mind since I checked in on my AK-49 (which I'm enjoying a bit of right now [​IMG] ) re-veg earlier today. It's getting pretty big, so I'm working on a bit of a game plan to keep things manageable between now and when I flip to 12/12 and onward.

I'm excited to see where things with the 2 plants go next. I've never used the scrog method, and haven't really paid a ton of attention to related grows on GC before, but I'm definitely watching this!

7. This is my first time doing a scrog but I definitely think it is the way to go. Better yields with less plants. I am really anxious to see how it turns out. Hell I'm just happy to be growing again!

8. #28 Blunts2Face, Apr 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2015
    looking good! how many plants do you have underneath that scrog? and how how high do you have the scrog from your buckets?

i am Subbed for this one, have a similar set up but with soil. (next cycle will be hydroponic)

9. There are 6 plants under the net. The 4 in ebb n grow buckets are about 14in away from net and the 2 in the 27gal are 12 in away. What type of hydro set up are you going to run?

10. Looks nice man, subbed in. I recently bought the ebb and grow system for 12 plants. Haven't set it up due to all the tents being filled up with soil grows but am looking forward to growing a few next run.

As far as your first post about cyco platinum series nutes, there great, I bought the entire line and switched from advanced nutrients to them. Cheaper and easy to use. I got a great deal on the line from my local hydro store they sold it to me for 1000 and retail rang up to over 3000 plus I got the ebb and grow and some general hydro nutes for free.

I haven't used them in hydro just soil but they preform. How's the ebb and grow buckets? My biggest concern in starting it is the 2 gallon pots they come with. Do the plants have enough room to grow good roots in the small space filled with clay? Keep up the posts I'm real excited to see what this system can do! Also thanks for the heads up on the grow buddy app I've been looking for something like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

11. The ebb and grow buckets have been nothing special, but it is hard to say if there is any causation to that because the plants took a beating going from the Dwc bubble buckets to ebb and grow buckets and it wasn't till this week when new healthy roots started exploding out on the bottom so we will have to see how the next week goes for them I expect that they will play catch up and hopefully reach the screen so I can start flowering

12. #32 Blunts2Face, Apr 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2015
    still don't know, i have still not decided if i want to go aeroponic or hydro haha.

i would lower the net to 10 inches -- my personal preference is 8 inches above soil -- and are you going to fill up the entire screen? 

for the rest it looks good and will def be sticking around for this one!

happy growing

13. I have done aero in the past and it worked well for a while but it is a lot to maintain, i would only recommend it if you have the time to put in the work to make it great. I'll see if i can try and lower my net a little bit to fill it up a little bit faster.

So I had an Idea yesterday that i think would be awesome. I am thinking of converting my ebb and flow buckets into DWC system. I can pop and airstone into each bucket then i can leave them filled most of the time and drain them a few times a day and when the lights go out. that way i can keep better control of the rez temps and allow for easy nutrient swaps. it is almost like a RDWC system but not running all the time. What do you think?

-ChronicP

14. That sounds like a great idea -- you already know how well DWC works for you, so treating the Ebb setup as DWC makes a lot of sense.

Go for it!

15. Pics

Attached Files:

16. Hello everyone, sorry for the lack of updates but i have been out of town since Monday evening. So, today I am going to take today to spend some quality time with the plants and update you all as i go.  I came home to almost a full scrog, so I tucked everything under and they are ready for 12/12. the bad thing is that i realized that my timer has not been working in that tent so they have been getting a full blast of light all day. I manually turned them off last night and will put them on a new timer 12hr later to start flower. I noticed a little sun/light bur n on them before i left and i decided to move the light up a little bit, but now I know why lol. they have been drinking a little bit more nutes than water so I am going to boost them up and start there flower regimen today. Since the lights were off in my other tent when i got home I dont know how they look yet but my wife says they got huge. I am getting ready to go down to do some work and will keep the post coming with some pics as i progress.

Mahalo,
    ChronicP

17. Pics! I'd say those clones took root well, at least 3 out of 4 did

Attached Files:

18. Weird that the lights came on when they were supposed to, maybe it was that the turn off was not programmed right,or activated, I guess I'll let them go until tonight and see if it works now

19. Wow, the roots in that last photo look terrific! What ended up happening with your timer?

20. Yeah I have never had roots come in that well on a clone before but unfortunately I don't have anywhere to put them at the moment. The timer was a digital timer and It was set to turn off at 0:00 instead of 00:00 which confused it I guess, but once I reset it it was fine.

Im still out of town for another week but I face timed with,the wife last night and they doing great. The screen is full now after the first week of 12/12 and will be left alone until I get back then I will be lollipopping them. Smell is starting to become noticeable through out the house so I may hook up my carbon filter as well. I'm gonna see if she will snap some pics and send them to me so i can post them.

Mahalo,
    ChronicP