How the fuck is Islamic state NOT true Islam?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by tittybullshitty420, Mar 12, 2015.

1. yea but in the koran it says that all christians, jews and muslims are brothers and the sons of abraham, which as an example christians, jews and muslims can prepare halal/ kosher meat for each other. it's all gone mad somewhere along the line with the hadiths and re-interpretations of interpretations.
    In the original sense kuffar would have been polytheistic or pagan religions who don't believe in a single god or the/ir particular god.

2. The three religions are the same.

Same song, different beat...

3. *sigh......... read your own book.    There are many more of these I just get bored citing them.

Quran (4:89) - "They but wish that ye should reject Faith, as they do, and thus be on the same footing (as they): But take not friends from their ranks until they flee in the way of Allah (From what is forbidden). But if they turn renegades, seize them and slay them wherever ye find them; and (in any case) take no friends or helpers from their ranks."

Quran (5:33) - "The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and His messenger and strive to make mischief in the land is only this, that they should be murdered or crucified or their hands and their feet should be cut off on opposite sides or they should be imprisoned; this shall be as a disgrace for them in this world, and in the hereafter they shall have a grievous chastisement"

Quran (8:15) - <i>"O ye who believe! When ye meet those who disbelieve in battle, turn not your backs to them. (16)Whoso on that day turneth his back to them, unless maneuvering for battle or intent to join a company, he truly hath incurred wrath from Allah, and his habitation will be hell, a hapless journey's end."

Quran (8:67) - <i>"It is not for a Prophet that he should have prisoners of war until he had made a great slaughter in the land...
    "</i></i>

1. The Lord is a man of war. Exodus 15:3\t
    2. And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, Avenge the children of Israel of the Midianites ... And they warred against the Midianites, as the LORD commanded Moses; and they slew all the males. And the children of Israel took all the women of Midian captives, and their little ones ... And they burnt all their cities....\t
    3. And when the LORD thy God shall deliver them before thee; thou shalt smite them, and utterly destroy them; thou shalt make no covenant with them, nor shew mercy unto them. Deuteronomy 7:27:16
    hehe at least its consistent all round 

megadeth put it best, killing for religion, something I don't understand, holy wars

One mythology begets the next...

5. So based on the above exchange of islam vs. christianity I think it's safe to say that dogmas of religions are bullshit   -_-............When will people realize? smh

Tell me, what is the Islamic punishment for apostasy?

I think this is a naive, surface-level statement. They are very different, and it shows in the behaviour of those who are most devout. We can all agree that they march to the beat of the stupidity, but the song is different. 

8. #49 Oni~, Apr 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2015
    I have family members who are Muslims.  They are all law obiding, good, and honest people.  No one sane believes that a billion Muslims are terrorists.  

At the same time, those good people live in purposeful delusion and ignoring of their own text.  I'm not really sure why it is so difficult for them to acknowledge the many, many verses of the book that call for violence and war?  This isn't a  "My opinion VS your opinion"  debate.   I have already cited several passages as examples that clearly call for violence, and violence is clearly committed in the name of the book.  The fact that many Muslims condemn it when it occurs does not mean it does not occur and it does not erase it from their holy book.

In the case of non violent Muslims, it seems very apparent that they do in fact believe in peace, but that the religion is so ingrained in them (as is often the case with all religions)  that they absolutely refuse to acknowledge the clear and frequent violence it calls for, which is absurd considering it is written in their own holy text, black on white.   

Please explain how this is "taken out of context"

Quran (8:67) - "It is not for a Prophet that he should have prisoners of war until he had made a great slaughter in the land..."

Quran (9:5) - "So when the sacred months have passed away, then slay the idolaters wherever you find them, and take them captive and besiege them and lie in wait for them in every ambush

Quran (9:14) - <i>"Fight against them so that Allah will punish them by your hands and disgrace them and give you victory over them

Quran (9:38-39) - "O ye who believe! what is the matter with you, that, when ye are asked to go forth in the cause of Allah, ye cling heavily to the earth? Do ye prefer the life of this world to the Hereafter? But little is the comfort of this life, as compared with the Hereafter</i>

9. Almost every aspect of life, there is good and bad. It is no different for religion/religious texts. Yeah, religion sucks and is delusional bullshit meant to control man through their subconscious fears.. but it is a part of humanity and won't be going away for awhile. In the meantime, it seems like no matter what, there will people who will damn the religious either way. If they follow their religious texts to the T, they're extremists. If they practice the religion but don't follow their religious texts with perfection, they're hypocrites.

Islam is really no different than Christianity.. it is just those who typically practice Christianity live in countries that are well off in general in comparison to Islamic countries, and that makes a difference. Non first world countries with masses of Christians are pretty shitty.. we got Christians in Central African Republic killing Muslims and burning up their mosques. Last I saw, they have less than 20 mosques left in the country.. and they used to have over 400.. all torched by Christians. Then we got Muslims killing Christians in the Middle East.. and Buddhists killing Muslims in Asia.

So no religion is actually the religion of peace.. nor is it the religion of violence. It is the people who practice the religion picking out bits and pieces that fit who they are and how they want to be. If you want to be hateful and vengeful to others who don't believe what you do, you can be Christian or Muslim or Buddhist or whatever and you'll find things to conform to how you already are. If you want to be peaceful, again.. you can be Christian or Muslim or Buddhist and pick out what you want to follow.

Grouping the good with the bad for any group of people is always a poop thing to do..

10. #51 Oni~, Apr 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2015
    Or, you can join the ever growing number of people who have realized religion for the bronze age b.s.  it is and not live your life by it?

No one HAS to belong to one, unless of course they are living in one of the some-dozen countries where the theocratical regime punishes apostasy by death....in 2015.  Or they  have family who will cast them out for not believing....in 2015.

NOT buying into the absurd fairy tale is also an option, or at least it would be more of one if almost everyone on Earth didn't have god drilled into their head from age 0.        By the time most people reach adulthood and critical thinking, religion already had a 20+ year head start on getting to them.      

At least more and more atheists are coming out of the closet, at least in the 1st world.

I think statements like this stop us from examining the topic more closely. 

We can spin it in a different, more realpolitik way - I for one have had it with Islam, and my main point of reference for that is that my little sister was shot at in the Copenhagen shootings recently. Just, as a here and now way of looking at it, there is a group of people that are out to kill me and mine, and that group of people is - whether moderate Muslims like to hear it or not - a force driven by the ideological machine of fundamentalist Islam. This makes Islam an enemy of me and mine, and this is not withstanding current Muslim countries and how they treat gays, women, free speech and free religion.

I noticed Madeenz did not answer my challenge, but the penalty for apostasy (that means renouncing a religion) in Islam, according to the Sharia which a multitude of modern Islamic countries run by, is death

Your argument about being well off falls to the wayside when examining nations like Saudi Arabia, where there are beheadings weekly, of women who have been adulterous, of men who have slept with men, of people who have renounced their religion.

TLDR; a more careful examination of the current world state is necessary, particularly with regards to Islam which represents an enemy of our advancing egalitarian culture, both ideologically and practically

12. Very sorry to hear about your sister.   
    I was in Denmark (Vejle)  when that went down.

Thank you (Vejle is adorable). She's fine, just psychologically scarred. She was in Nørreport around the corner from the shooting, and was part of the stampeding panicked crowds.

Americans don't know as much as they should about the growing battleground between Europeans and the massive amounts of Islamic refugees that have come flooding after the invasions of Afghanistan and Iraq. I could write pages detailing that, but I won't now.

It is very relevant for both moderate muslims and americans with pro- or anti- islamic sentiments to study up on is the mounting Euro-Islamic tensions. They are influencing our politics greatly, as recent elections in Sweden and France demonstrate. The main thing to take away from this is that there is a massive amount of 'hardcore' muslims, and that they are not just the same shit in a different package, and that they are not few. Islamic State is a minority, yes, but it has a lot of support and the values it propagates have majority support in a large number of muslim communities. This can't be ignored in the name of tolerance.

We're moving more to the right as a result of Islamic immigration (and their broad refusal to integrate with the very liberal European culture), and I don't want to see us turn to nationalists just because of this. 

14. For the record I'm not responding because I don't want to start arguing. I acknowledge your responses but I don't have the time to sit here and explain to you something you have already made your mind about.

Yes I know what sharia law is. Is it barbaric? Maybe. But then again so is the Justice system that allows so many criminals, murderers, and rapists, and child molesters to live and even releases them out of jail and many commit crimes again. I can't help but feel if there were harsher penalties, people might think twice about raping or murdering and all that.

Also, a lot of Muslim dominant cultures do fucked up shit that is not from Islam. It's their fucked up culture. So it's important to separate those in my opinion.

And to Oni, I respect the fact that you're atheist. However you don't seem to respect people who do believe, in fact seem to be mocking them. Everyone is free to believe or not believe and should be granted some respect, no?

I'm not interested in arguing. Our energy would be better spent on connecting as humans and realizing we have much more in common than we think.

15. I don't want to sound inconsiderate to your experience.. but I think your experience isn't actually letting you look at the situation more clearly. You were wronged by individual Muslims so you're biased against Islam.. that is expected, but with bias, one's judgement is almost always clouded.

When I look at the big picture.. I try to look at both the past and the present to prepare for the future. Christianity and Islam are like brothers.. and growing up, Christianity was the bigger brother and was picking on the little brother. That picking on them would of been the Crusades.. where Christians formed armies that marched on Muslims and slaughtered their men, women, and children. Whenever you have a big brother torturously picking on their little brother and gets away with it, the little brother will almost always come out warped.

Then the big brother left and started doing their own thing.. leaving the warped little brother behind. They matured (development of better living standards) and moved on, but the little brother was too fucked up in the head to move on, coupled with being stuck in an environment where moving on is made next to impossible. If the Middle East were developed like the US and Europe, I can guarantee that they would begin the maturing process and Islam would be how developed Christianity is today. As for Saudi Arabia.. they're not exactly a developed nation. They are a developing nation.. just barely coming out of 3rd world status.

Don't get me wrong.. I like to think I was born an atheist and stayed that way my entire life. Religion all the way around is a joke.. and a bad one at that, but it is part of human nature and as a humanist, I can't ignore that. I have the same amount of love and hate for Islam as I do Christianity or any religion.. I just think when it comes to religion (and most aspects of humanity) people like to focus on the present rather than taking in both the past and present. If you want a clearer picture, you need to actually look at the entire picture.

Plus, I've dated both Christians and Muslims before.. and there wasn't a single thing that bothered about the Muslims, aside from trying to get a blowjob. Just doesn't really happen with a Muslim.. :(

Point of all this.. if someone has a problem, hating on them over their problem isn't going to help their problem.

16. My family consists of refugees from Afghanistan. My family has assimilated just fine, and I was born in America. And this is the same for many Afghan refugees.

My family has actually adopted so much of American culture and it grows by generation. We stay true to our faith but we are Afghan-American, and we appreciate that we can practice our faith here and that it is more tolerant and accepting than Europe.

17. P.S. I think your ex gf used the Muslim card to not have to give blowjobs. You can give blowjobs just if you're really religious you'd ask him to finish in you, but obviously she wasn't uber Muslim since she was dating in the first place.

18. Yeah.. lol, I know. Just like all aspects, she chose to follow that. That is one of the bittersweet things about religion.. picking out the bits n pieces to follow.

Probably didn't help that we weren't seriously dating, more like a fling. Kind of funny cause I was joining the Air Force, she was joining the Army, and I had a roommate who was in the Army. When I joined, needed to get a top secret clearance and they send someone to poke and prod at your life. Well he interviewed my roommate, who is a crazy Christian, and he told the dude I'm dating a Muslim and that she was infiltrating the Army and blah blah blah and I ended up getting grilled by the dude. It's just like.. da fuck.

The other Muslim girl I had a thing with wasn't as bad about oral.. but it took too much effort. It probably doesn't help that I could never really date someone who is dedicated to a religion.. cause typically of they are, they'd want their partner to be and that just isn't in me.

Pretty much every "Americanized" Muslim I met was actually pretty cool to talk to.. which just reaffirms my thoughts that the majority of shittiness that comes from religion comes from places where they're not as well off. You'll always have poop religious people in developed nations, like West Boro, but places with a harder way of life breed extremists more frequently.

19. I am fairly certain you are a decent person, at least you carry yourself as one on here.  You are however still deluded in regards to your own religion.  I would tell you the same if you were Christian.     It is not my goal to offend you because I gain nothing from doing so, but it is also not my practice to respect religion.  It has simply earned far too much disrespect throughout history and in the modern world.   The only reason it IS respected as much as it is, is because it is old, ingrained into people and considered one of those protected subjects under the rule of today's political correctness.   In more backwards countries that still strictly follow theocratic rule, it is protected by the death penalty, imprisonment etc.  

You say Sharia law "may be"  barbaric?  
    It limits freedom of speech, freedom of thought, freedom to choose religion or abandon it,  completely denies any LGBT rights, treats women as 2nd class citizens or property.   This sounds like a price you are gladly paying because it is harsher on hardcore criminals...in some cases?

You have yet to explain how the verses I have cited are "taken out of context".    Considering that the so called "extremists"  are following those verses to the letter, meaning we actually have proof that one of the things the book teaches IS in fact violence,  I am very curious what the spin of "understanding"  is that you could put on this.    I hear religious apologists frequently say that it is about "interpreting" it right.  Then please, interpret it for me.  What is the "correct" way of understanding  "It is not for a Prophet that he should have prisoners of war until he had made a great slaughter in the land..."