How the fuck is Islamic state NOT true Islam?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by tittybullshitty420, Mar 12, 2015.

1. #21 VaWaveRider, Mar 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2015
    Just to play the devil's advocate, doesn't it seem like attempting to separate the actions the from Islam is the "No True Scotsman" fallacy? This does not just occur with Islam. It occurs with every religion. If a Christian does something others Christians oppose, then they simply aren't a true Christian. 

2. Hey haha, yeah i pop in here to insert logic once in a while.

3. Jesus was a good guy. Muhammad was a dickhead.

Lol, that's exactly how I ended up leaving Islam. But not so much at the horrible stuff but rather and the sheer inconsistency of the whole book.

What you're saying is true, I've been thinking about it since the foundation of ISIS but haven't said anything cause of how offensive it would be to Muslims. What ISIS is doing is exactly what the early Muslims did both during the Prophet's life time and after.

Except for one detail. Where the Quran tells you to fight non-Muslims until they either convert or pay a kafir tax, ISIS just gives non-Muslim one option.

Conquering land, enslaving people and frivolously picking "enemies" who you kill and steal from all falls within the realm of reality for Muslims.

what are the many countries that have been conquered by them?

Yeah dat Old Testament tho :laughing:

I think he means they're currently squatting in a couple of failed states :D

yeah i'd say that's more accurate than "conquering many countries" lol.

8. Any so called religion is only as good as it's "believers" can comprehend the teachings.  The vast majority cannot fathom the teachings of an enlightened master let alone a "prophet".

Thus you will find endless numbers of sects/branches in each religion yet there was only a single unified, non-dual teaching from the originator...

That's why i follow Vedanta... a bunch of sages over years sat around and figured out what is real and what is not.  One must know who one is before one can understand what an awakened one was communicating... otherwise it's merely guesswork on the ignorant followers part. and the vast majority of us are indeed ignorant as to who we are..

Not the body/mind/ego for sure as those are temporary... the test is... what has no beginning or end?

answer: Awareness / Consciousness

We are all THAT and THAT is all there is...

Forget religion... remember your Self.

9. The Kuran has 109 verses telling Muslims to kill non believers until Allah reigns supreme

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

10. ISIS/ISIL/IS is in concordance with the Koran.

To the letter. Imagine if someone were to follow the Bible to the letter - you'd have an insane group, just like ISIS.

Political correctness is fucking up our ability to be objective
    Tolerance and political correctness have a tendency to throttle an objective and realistic view of the world. We cannot allow political correctness to blind us from the truth. All religions are dumb, but Islam is a particular hateful breed of it. Examine any country that lives by Islamic law and you will find oppression of women, gays, art, free expression and free religion. We in the west like to think every religion is just the same stuff with a different colour, but it isn't. 

Islamic countries and how they operate as an example
    I don't know how many bombings, shootings, beheadings, attacks, etc we have to through before people realize that the religion perpetrating the most murder around the world is Islam. (When followed according to original scripture, as ISIS, Boko Haram, Dubai, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Afghanistan, Pakistan, [...] elegantly demonstrate)

"But the west is also evil"
    DOES THE WEST/"CHRISITIANITY" murder? For fucking sure yes. A lot of evil is done by our faction of the world. There is, I would claim, a difference between the intention of drone bombing a village to kill a terrorist and the death of innocent children and women and men that come with it, as opposed to kidnapping aid workers and beheading them on TV. As opposed to beheading gays in Tahrir Square weekly. As opposed to keeping women from driving, as Saudi Arabia does. As counting a woman''s voice as a third of the worth of a man's voice, as all Islamic courts do.

Educate yourselves on how Islamic countries are run and come back and tell me they are no different from us

11. It has both pissed me off and fascinated me just how clueless the "good" religious people are about their own faith.   Then again,  considering these are people who proudly suspend critical thinking, why be surprised.      So many "good" religious people condemn terrorists and say this is not what their religion is about, except there is one minor problem.  It is.

"Good" religious people have either not read their holy text, (the most),  or simply decided to ignore the parts they disagree with.  Another small problem religious people:  Your texts are quite explicit in stating that EVERY law is to be followed.   Just by being "good" religious people and not following the holy texts verbatim, you are in breach of your own holy contract. 

Jesus himself upholds all the laws of the Old Testament:    
    "Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets. I have come not to abolish but to fulfill. Amen, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest part or the smallest part of a letter will pass from the law, until all things have taken place." (Matthew 5:17 NAB)

Just because it's so fun, let's see what other fun instructions "good" Christians conveniently ignore, shall we?

Adultery Fun
    If a man commits adultery with another man's wife, both the man and the woman must be put to death. (Leviticus 20:10 NLT)

Parental Fun
    Whoever strikes his father or mother shall be put to death. (Exodus 21:15 NAB)

Fornication Fun
    A priest's daughter who loses her honor by committing fornication and thereby dishonors her father also, shall be burned to death. (Leviticus 21:9 NAB)

Other Religions Fun 
    Whoever sacrifices to any god, except the Lord alone, shall be doomed. (Exodus 22:19 NAB)

Biblical Skanks Fun
    But if this charge is true (that she wasn't a virgin on her wedding night), and evidence of the girls virginity is not found, they shall bring the girl to the entrance of her fathers house and there her townsman shall stone her to death, because she committed a crime against Israel by her unchasteness in her father's house. Thus shall you purge the evil from your midst. (Deuteronomy 22:20-21 NAB)

We could choose not to follow this nonsense, but dying is oh so scary and we don't know what happens next!!  

This is Blue Pill 101 and not even a good version of it.

12. #32 -13 Amp-, Mar 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2015
    Jesus himself said that if you divorce and get re-married (minus cheating), you have committed adultery, which is against the 10 commandments as well...

I know plenty of "good christians" that have been divorced and re-married for things other than cheating

Matthew 19:7-9New International Version (NIV)
    7 “Why then,” they asked, “did Moses command that a man give his wife a certificate of divorce and send her away?”
    8 Jesus replied, “Moses permitted you to divorce your wives because your hearts were hard. But it was not this way from the beginning. 9 I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery.”

13. #33 yurigadaisukida, Mar 31, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2015
    Christians justify their belief by claiming that the old testament is outdated. That Jesus came to right the wrongs of religious leadership.

Basically religion by demacracy

-yuri

14. 2Peter 3:16 "As he does in all his letters when he speaks in them of these matters. There are some things in them that are hard to understand, which the ignorant and unstable twist to their own destruction, as they do the other Scriptures."

15. some versus in the Bible are pretty crystal clear.

It is an abomination for one man to sleep with another.

Does man misunderstand this? Is it OK to be gay? How do you justify this?

-yuri

16. Blind men misunderstand. No, it's not ok.

Justify what? It not being ok for man to be homosexual?

17. #37 Cereal Killer, Mar 31, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2015
    Why don't you enlighten us then?

I've been told a handful of times that I cannot understand bible verses because I'm not Christian (even though I used to be), or that nobody can understand the bible without believing in god, which is pretty rich, and awfully convenient. And how would one become a Christian without first reading the bible and learning about the religion?

If you have a better or different interpretation of some of the above verses, let's hear it. Obviously some things have been lost in translation over time, but many verses certainly don't seem too difficult to understand....

18. [SIZE=10pt]Just LOL @ the old "It's misinterpreted" or "hard to understand" defense of the texts. People who claim that have either never actually read the texts at all, or are simply illiterate.    Plenty of passages are simply black on white telling you who to kill and for what reason.  

So much of religion following depends on wishful thinking.   When a random asshole goes into a movie theater and shoots it up, he's just a psychopath.  We all agree and move on with our lives.

When a holy text tells billions >in very simple words<  that you are to kill  X, Y, and Z for ABC reasons,  then “it needs interpreting” or is “misunderstood”,  even though other assholes do in fact follow it to the letter and people have been dying because of it for centuries. 

No wonder so many people claim that god “knows what's in their heart” because “god” is their own ego and world interpretation talking to them.  This is why everyone has their own convenient version of text interpretation and holy laws they conveniently ignore as it suits them. 
    [/SIZE]

19. #39 Browne, Mar 31, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2015
    http://youtu.be/vJ1PDxeUynA

------

20. Isis is not Islam. As a Muslim who reverted, I can tell you that and I have closely studied to Qur'an. I think you're taking a lot of what you've seen about Islam out of context. And I did this too, I was actually really hesitant to learn anything about Islam because everything I saw in the media portrayed it as a violent religion.

It is not a violent religion. People who use passages of a holy book to justify their senseless killing are not people of God. We don't kill people for being of different faiths the Qur'an specifically states that to you, your faith, and to me, mine. (Lakum deen nikum, walli ad deen)

Honestly I'm so tired of people generalizing us Muslims as a whole because of these extremists. Sometimes the loudest voice is the only voice people hear. There are uncountable normal Muslims who live their lives like everyone else but you never see them on the news. No one hears the voice of everyday Muslims.

A good book on this subject is called "Who Speaks For Islam?" It's a good read and very factual.