Is cultural marxism real?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Messiah Decoy, Mar 12, 2015.

1. I like this idea

2. Food stamps isn't going to break the United States.

So that KBG plan is destined to fail.

and replacing social programs with trickle down economics isn't going to help the United States.

Semantics. Everybody knows that the Soviet Union doesn't exist anymore because America defeated them economically. The KGB doesn't exist anymore either but Putin (ex-head of the KGB) still does. Are you the type of American who believes that the conspiracies America pulled in other countries could NEVER happen here? (please no alinsky tactics, they're so 70's)

Ukraine and Crimea happened on Obama's watch. If the rhetoric of the 80's is "outdated" then why do more Russians have a negative view of Americans now than they did then? Because we're weak, and we have a weak president. Everybody knows it and nobody respects it. Staggering amount of Russians hold negative views of the US

4. LOL. Such little imagination.

-yuri

Trouble is these ideas can and do shape public policy, and do affect people's lives.

Take the Dalhousie Dentistry students for example, many won't graduate this year because they were deemed to have made what some people lacking proper context interpreted as offensive jokes about women, in private. All because of a private joke about chloroform the butt of which was actually a man, and a poll about which of two classmates they'd rather fuck.

The police found they had done nothing wrong and were dangerous to no one, but the university still threw the book at them and even separated them from their female classmates (at the protest of the female classmates who knew them) which negatively impacted their education.

So yeah you can't say these ideas aren't having negative impact.

6. #26 jas43, Mar 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2015
    "But men shouldn't think or say those things!!!"

Looks at thread title....

Goddammit

7. #27 jas43, Mar 13, 2015
    Dp

You know things are completely FUBAR when the supposed "victims", the female students, are horrified at what's happening to their fellow classmates and I've seen a few speaking out on the CBC website, denouncing the CBC's biased coverage of the case and the demonization of essentially blameless students.
    It's definitely not a man's world these days, at least in Canada.

9. I've been in this position. I feel your pain.

It's a little ominous because I'm just on the cusp of going to university in Canada. Like, am I going to have to police my speech on campus or face serious academic sanctions?

I love my Canada in most aspects but this isn't progress.

11. You always have to "police" your speech in life. Whether you're a male or female. Free speech doesn't mean speech without consequence.

12. "Cultural" Marxism is a somewhat new term -- to me anyway.

But, as my memory recalls from reading about Marxism a long time ago, attacking a nation's culture was a way of breaking it down. Destroy all norms, destroy free markets, destroy religion, destroy tradition, destroy the family, and build The New State (the "Worker's Paradise," lol) from the ashes.

Most of this has already been accomplished, and most of it was within my lifetime.

13. #33 BlazedGlory, Mar 13, 2015

Nah but female dentistry students don't have to watch what they joke about on facebook right now either. Somehow I have a tough time imagining female students facing any sort of consequences for having a poll about which of their male classmates they'd bang.

And even if they did, it would be equally fucked up. You can't tell me you support punishing these male students for online activities that A. harmed no one, and B. female students participated in as well but weren't punished for it.

14. #34 Vicious, Mar 13, 2015

I want off this boat.

You sir, do not know who Robert E. Lee is, so do not speak of him in that mannerism. Learn history damnit!

16. So America has been destroyed?

When were things better? When society was segregated and women couldn't vote?

17. What version of history do you speak of?

The one where Confederates were noble heroes?

- American culture has, yes, pretty much.

- Assuming you're young, you would never understand it because you have no real-life historical perspective.

19. No real life historical perspective?

I don't have to be 100 years old to know that minorities and women have alot more rights and power than they did in the early 20th century.

20. #40 yurigadaisukida, Mar 13, 2015
    you don't think.maybe the story you've been ttaught is biased?

He's not saying women shouldn't vote. He's saying we were more prosperous and productive because we had more economic freedom

-yuri