Is cultural marxism real?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Messiah Decoy, Mar 12, 2015.

1. #1 Messiah Decoy, Mar 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2015
    How do you know?

And what's the worst thing that could come from it?

Erected statues to Lenin or Stalin?

Or maybe a black gay female president in a wheel chair?

They're coming for us all! Help us ghost of Andrew Jackson!

2. speaking of andrew jackson, they're trying to replace him on the $20 bill with a woman... let that sink in.

3. #3 Lenny., Mar 12, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2015

Andrew Jackson shouldn't be on a federal reserve note. He hated the central bank. 

[​IMG]

4. Cry me a river. If some people had their way, currency would have Robert E. Lee and confederate flags.

No thanks, I'll take the black lesbian quadriplegic president instead.

people aren't ON the god damn notes because they liked the banks, they are on there in memorial of their influence on american history. the fuck does the central banking have to do with him being remembered? absolutely nothing.

The problem with some of these ideas is they seem to employ the same sort of prejudiced thinking that we all claim to hate. Ideas like "Only whites can be racist" "White males all benefit from a nebulous invisible privilege conspiracy" aren't really any better than shit like "blacks are smoking the reefer and raping white women".

7. CM was the opiate of the intellectual left.  Mixing Freud with Marx further alienated the ivory tower types from the masses, rendering both fundamentally ineffectual, or without praxis, even though the opposite was the ideal intention.

Just a thought.

8. I understand the concept behind the people featured on our money. I'm merely saying Jackson has such contempt for the central bank -- understandable because it's a contemptible thing -- that to have him on a central banking note is ironic and inappropriate. I'd like to think that killing the central bank was one of his greatest accomplishments. Because frankly, the Indian Removal Act and owning slaves isn't really... how can i say it... the best thing ever? 

And if what you said is the metric by which people are featured on money then Barbara Jordan would fit that criteria because of her influence on American history. So what's the big deal?  

Just playing devils advocate here a little bit, I really couldn't care who is on money. 

Why change anything about notes? that's disrespectful to the people that were immortalized in them.

10. Why not? It's arbitrary either way. And if we're going the disrespectful route then it's disrespectful to have him on the 20 dollar bill in the first place. They're dead too, so it's not like they can be harmed  by or benefit from our respect or disrespect. I think we should have characters of popular TV shows on our money.

It's funny how the latter paves the way for the former. Going from a tough-talking Soviet ball breaker in the 80's to a diaper-wearing lesbian quadriplegic today would do wonders for Russian power grabs.

Useful idiots believe that this form of Marxism was pushed onto the Western political landscape out of altruism for poor blacks and Islamo-fascists. The Soviets were laughing their asses off when the Poor People's Campaign showed up in horse-drawn buggies at Cape Canaveral demanding welfare instead of space exploration.

12. WTF is Cultural Marxism? Is it an attempt to explain inequalities (Marxism) through cultural means?

Or publish the names of Federal Reserve beneficiaries on their notes.

14. #14 yurigadaisukida, Mar 12, 2015
    essentially the idea of cultural Marxism is that our society is so productive, we shouldn't have to work.

Basically everyone should live like kings on part time hours

Which was Marx's dream BTW

The idea is that thanks to technology and industry, we don't need everyone working. That's why there is unemployment. Fact is we produce way more than we need.

There should be more time for fun.

But in capitalist society, the excess is sucked up by the upper class, who doesn't do shit, while the lower class slaves away

-yuri

15. #15 Penelope420, Mar 12, 2015
    Let's be clear about this. One non-profit group, had an idea to replace Andrew Jackson with a woman. It's an idea. It's not a government initiated proposal, and it's not even happening.

Again, it's just an idea. Ooooooh, scary.

And how the fuck on earth is this idea an example of social
    Marxism?

16. I agree. Just call it Marxism.

-yuri

17. Russia and China are just as capitalist as the United States. There is no Soviet conspiracy, the Soviet Union no longer exist.

There is no danger in the USA of some Maoist uprising where the poor raid the homes of the rich.

This 80's rhetoric is outdated. A black lesbian quadriplegic president wouldn't be able to raise taxes let alone change the social order and status quo.

18. It's just labelling progressive causes as Marxist to scare people into illogical opposition.

19. Except that some broad claim that there are advantages to being white doesn't stop whites from progressing in any serious way.

But the claim that blacks rape white women when they smoke weed made a very tangible impact on public policy for almost a century.

20. #20 yurigadaisukida, Mar 12, 2015
    I'm not defending the legitimacy of the conspiracy, I'm just going to clarify it for you.

Its not about inciting the poor into revolution.

The idea is that over time decisive politics, irresponsible spending for social programs, and economic hardships, will lead the country into a downward spiral and essentially just fall into ruin. Guns aren't even necessary

This is how the KGB works

-yuri