Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Stoners Who Cant Roll For Shit

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by foxforcefive, Mar 12, 2015.

1. My first few were pretty bad, eventually I learned but I would always roll blunts in a spiral, resulting in not enough space for weed if I wasn't careful. My brother showed me a method where you just tuck and flip and I can't believe it used to be such a confusing task. I don't roll anymore though since I just bought a Solo not too long ago. Don't give up man

2. Buy some rolling tobacco and start practicing... Watching videos and others do it won't really help you. From my experience, everyone has different methods of rolling, all my friends roll differently. You have to find out what works for you.

3. I can roll ok joint they smoke really good but some times look weird. I have bars for blunts tho, everyone says i roll blunts like crazy fast to lol

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

4. Don't give up, I used to have the same problem. Couldn't roll a good joint to save my life, always had to have someone with me who knew how to roll. I mean it was smokable, but it never burned evenly and it didn't look great either. I couldn't roll my cigarettes by hand, I used a rolling machine. And, like you, I watched every tutorial out there, I had friends explain their methods to me, I practiced over and over again... nothing, it just wasn't happening. Now? A week ago I rolled a perfect joint using a freakin receipt! I can roll with my eyes closed - always perfect looking, always burns nice and slow and evenly. And that's nothing compared to my friend - he can roll while playing hacky sack. That's some next level shit though, I have no idea how he does it. 

My problem was mostly tucking. Once I figured out how to do it properly, everything else was easy. It's the second crucial part of rolling. First one is how you distribute your weed in the paper. I find nothing else matters as much, not even how chunky or fine the weed is. So learn to distribute your weed evenly and learn to tuck and you'll be rolling left and right. Those folds that person told you about a couple of pages ago help too. Rolling with the filter already in is the only way I know how to - I've seen people put it in last and it just boggles my mind, I don't think I'd be able to roll properly like that. So yeah... don't give up, it's totally learnable! And I don't imagine trowing some weed in a bowl feels as gratifying as spending the time to roll your own perfect little joint and then lighting it.  

5. Stoner here...
    And I can't roll for shit...
    You would rather smoke a donkey's Dick than smoke a J that I have rolled....

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. Its not that I don't like js and blunts, but inhaling paper is bad for your plants. Ink is bad, mmk? 😋

7. My friend showed me how to roll. He handed me a bag of bugle tobaccoo an a pack of papers, now I can roll without much of a problem. Everyone rolls different and you will develop your own technique. Cheers

-Appreciate what you got cause one day it can all be gone-

8. I'm not great at rolling either. I've never really needed to desperately roll joints. I've almost always had access to a Bong or pipe + they get me higher with less product.

You can always pre roll joints and pack weed in there using a pokie. Kind of a pain in the ass and has many down falls.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

9. Sit down with a pack of Drum rolling tobacco (it's easy to roll) and practice! Also, never be afraid to be a bit rough with the paper, I think a lot of people get worried about it ripping and end up rolling limp dick cannons.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

10. I can roll now, but I preroll a joint paper around a pencil and lick it, slide it off and put a crutch/filter in it, and pack grinded weed into the prerolled paper. It's a lot easier for me and they come out perfect, just a tip.

~ Stay Lifted

11. #51 cvcxgh, Mar 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2015
    I'm still learning. I've been smoking only for a couple years now. I do a crap job. But showing improvement. [​IMG][​IMG]

12. When you roll a spliff imagine a perfect cylinder. All the way around requires two layers of paper or tobaco to burn evenly. One outer one inner. If you roll with J papers same rules apply as your rolling you will see the weed dissapear on one spot and you'll see it clear on another you that's wrong

13. #53 enjoyandlive, Mar 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2015
    Dude use the card technique someone whos never rolled a joint once in their life can do it their first time using it.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZddWHCMP5jU

It's gonna take a certain number of fails for you to get good at it. for me it took like 20-30 crap ones then I got the tuck down. some people need like 75-125 or more, like you lol. keep trying or use the video..

Sent from my intergalactic spaceshiphotbox

14. Just use a cigarette roller. I couldn't roll a joint with just my hands if I had a gun to my head.

15. Use a card, preferably one like a drivers license, to tuck and the rest just flows.

16. Okay, so I haven't read anything in this thread, but I will add my $.02 with or without knowledge. I can't roll a joint to save my life, luckily, I learned better how to roll a blunt with this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RgQvgVrRO0

It's long as hell, but it's actually pretty useful and funny as hell at some points, recommended...

Now, back to the joints. I can't roll, and I'm never embarrassed to break out my "cigarette" roller.
    IMG_1882.jpg
     ​
    These little guys roll a nice TIGHT, even joint every time. Don't get me wrong, it takes some practice still, but I have big fingers and trying to hold on to tiny little papers is almost impossible. I'd rather just stick all the pieces into this device and come out with... IMG_1883.jpg

Voila! (yes, that's the correct French)

Take the easy road, I'm a non-roller and proud of it!

17. yea thats me, I need one of those little rollers, my dexterity with my fingers is crazy bad at it and honestly I don't really like joints but they are way more convenient when you go out.

18. It's really not too hard, it just takes practice. Some people more than others which is unfortunate. I know your not asking for help, but if you wana cheat, try this is you haven't heard of it. Wrap a paper around a pencil and seal it, then twist one end and pack the other end. To pack it right, pack some in the open end, then hold the open side and shake it to force the weed to the bottom twisted end, do this until full and you'll have a straight tight joint. Also, if you like joint but can't roll em, invest in a cig roller, only like $5 and rolls straight bars every time. Definitely cheating imo but they do work great

19. IMO rolling machines or filling up "tubes" is good if you're in a jam or pressed for time and can't roll, but, if you want to learn to roll good put away the machines and tubes and all of that. They're good if you wanna learn how to use a machine or to fill up a tube, but absolutely useless to learn how to actually roll a joint. Only way is to practice. After rolling hundreds of joints, you'll be pro. 

20. I bought a raw roller just because of ease of use cost me like $10 on Amazon and rolls great even j's. It's pretty nice to have 10 j's per rolled at home and just grab one when needed. That way you never get caught rolling anywhere everything was taken care of at home. Keep stealthy!